Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: STOP PRESS: Formula Fusion - Next gen Wipeout - from ex Wipeout Devs.

PSN ID
    DIXI200

MrFisty sorry, you've worked on WO "90s"? can I have an autograph on the cover of my game? LOL Amazing how many fans WO and how much work, I want to read your names on the "credits" of the future game. Read all the "Credits" of a game, I have done this only on the games very beautiful. the WO series is at the top of the list.
    good job guys

Default R8 Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by DIXI200 View Post
    MrFisty sorry, you've worked on WO "90s"? can I have an autograph on the cover of my game? LOL Amazing how many fans WO and how much work, I want to read your names on the "credits" of the future game. Read all the "Credits" of a game, I have done this only on the games very beautiful. the WO series is at the top of the list.
    good job guys
    Hi thanks, I'm sure I can arrange something

If you want to follow what we are doing and see important announcements the please like our page on Facebook. We will post up some production shots and exclusive news when we can. We will of course engage with you all every step of the way in our quest to bring you a worthy next step in AG racing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/R8Games/728021997220331 (I hope admin don't mind).

Just trying to fight the good fight at the moment - I will up date you all after GamesCom.

Best
    R8 Team.

PSN ID
    Pluslescute

This looks pretty interesting. I'll definitely look forward to your progress on this game.

Default SlamJet Concept work.

Some juicy concept shots from work in progress.. Hopefully we will have some exciting news for you guys very soon :-)

-- Re-attached (for some reason they didn't upload properly last time. Some more 'in game' stuff is on the way.

concept_shot01.jpg
    concept_shot02.jpg
    Last edited by MrFisty; 3rd September 2014 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Re-attachment of images

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Is it just me that can't see those concept shots? Says they're unavailable.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wipe64

Wow, that really looks amazing ! I love the design of these ships, looks likes the future of F1

Can't wait to know more about the game !

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WikEv_512 View Post
    Wow, that really looks amazing ! I love the design of these ships, looks likes the future of F1

Can't wait to know more about the game !
    Thanks - we are just waiting to hear back on some news, then we should be in a position to make a proper announcement ;-)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Quote Originally Posted by MrFisty View Post
    Thanks - we are just waiting to hear back on some news, then we should be in a position to make a proper announcement ;-)
    Very exciting You should engage with the 'Wipeout HD' fan group on facebook, I posted a link to this thread for them to have a look a while ago and there seemed to be some interest! Good luck my friend, keep us informed

Default More thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by UnleashSonic View Post
    Very exciting You should engage with the 'Wipeout HD' fan group on facebook, I posted a link to this thread for them to have a look a while ago and there seemed to be some interest! Good luck my friend, keep us informed
    Cheers bud. Appreciated.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I really want to see support for a NegCon-style controller. Also, which musicians ((besides Dub FX) do you plan on featuring for the game? I may have a few suggestions.

Default The future sound of music.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    I really want to see support for a NegCon-style controller. Also, which musicians ((besides Dub FX) do you plan on featuring for the game? I may have a few suggestions.
    Oooh.. That's a good suggestion, we should look into that. Also - the music side of things is being carefully considered. DUB is actually a great producer and sound engineer (he is very adaptable) - above what he is famous for - and he has a ton of artists he is associated with so we will tighten things up when we have the full direction sorted. There's lots of things to consider including what sound bites lend themselves to enhancing the speed element and which can be cosmetic. We also have a few novel/new approaches to how we want the music/audio to feature in the game - which should push the next gen envelope a bit.

Please 'do' suggest music artists - music has evolved into many more genre's these days, it was much simpler back in the day. But always open to new suggestions.

Best,
    R8 Team.

Timezone
    GMT -6

You could give Fayyette, Rchetype and Wolfgun all a shot.

Fayyette is a new musician. Rchetype and Wolfgun have been around for a while, and were actually heavily inspired by the older WipEout games. I often listen to their music when playing WipEout Pulse, especially Stranger. A shame that the songs outlast the races 70% of the time.

EDIT: Are you using Km/H or m/s for speed readouts? I suggest the latter, as it is the international scientific standard.
    And how are you handling the playlist for races; one per level like in Unreal or Sonic Riders, or the whole soundtrack on shuffle like in the WipEout games? What I propose is a cross between the two, where each racetrack has its ownplaylist with the most fitting songs on it.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 12th September 2014 at 12:17 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

meters per secound or what do you mean? Km/h would make more sence, it´s most widely used. Or why not make it an ingame-option, mph or km/h

Timezone
    GMT -6

Meters per Second was adopted by the scientific community for scientific reasons. A game about AG technology should have at least some scientific theme to it (as the upgrade system in this game already does).

Miles per Hour is only used in certain countries, and Kilometers per Hour doesn't really stand out because of how frequently it is used in games. Meters per Second would be a very refreshing change, and would draw just that much extra attention to the game, even if it is just a small detail. As the saying goes, every detail adds up.

Oh, another question. Does R8 have an official website up yet? Also, I think this could really benefit from a kickstarter (among other things). Might make the development cycle be less stressful when it comes to budgeting.

- - - - - - -

More ideas:

- Interactive tutorial in a computer-simulation environment, with a computer voice guiding you and a custom soundtrack specifically for the tutorial. Still fast and energetic, but at the same time softer and more ambient-sounding.

- Palleted SVG main-textures and Palleted Bitplane detail textures. This will significantly reduce memory footprints while still allowing for very sharp textures.

- Opus codec for music and sounds.

- Multi-skyboxes, like in Unreal Engine 1 games, rather than boring prerendered skyboxes. You know, with separate layers for the sky, clouds (could be animated/scrolling), mountains (with parallax relative to the sky), etc.

- A track where you are racing on a triple-deck megabridge, and constantly going up and down to find the quickest route and back (the bridge goes in two directions). And if it is a bridge that curves or is angled at any point, then that would add to the excitement.

- A passive means of gaining extra revenue without the players having to pay anything (other than giving the game attention). Some of you may know what I am talking about; it was done during the WHD welcome back period. However, instead of taking up loading screens, have them on trackside billboards or something. Maybe give players the option to disable them.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 15th September 2014 at 09:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

We are planning to go out on PC Steam initially (because we think it's about time there is something like this for PC Gamers) with PS4 and Xbox One 'soon' afterwards - oh and we are looking at VR too
    This made my week
    I am no longer a regular on these forums so I hadn't heard of the game, but a friend just linked me to another video of this that isn't in the thread yet. I can't wait to sink my teeth into this!

You mean this one? Still VERY early days - but we are getting there... This is still 'pre-production'..

Last edited by MrFisty; 18th September 2014 at 07:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@ above video:
    - vehicle movement looks like it would be some kind of on-rail system, that's not a good thing
    - vehicles are placed too close to the surface, it's like cars without wheels, seems very weird imho

It's not on rails.. I can assure you. We are working on the hover engine to get the feel right at the moment. But thanks for the feedback. It's 'VERY' early days yet.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not on rails.. I can assure you. We are working on the hover engine to get the feel right at the moment. But thanks for the feedback. It's 'VERY' early days yet.
    The camera will be tighter in too - but more dynamic.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I think if the camera followed the track rather than the ship (like in the PS1 WipEout games), it would look and feel a lot better as well as give off a more "anti-"gravity impression.

Default Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    I think if the camera followed the track rather than the ship (like in the PS1 WipEout games), it would look and feel a lot better as well as give off a more "anti-"gravity impression.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. That's the sort of feel we are looking for. Just bare in mind this is early stages.