Thread: Team Reviews: WipEout HD Fury Edition

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Ruuku___ (three underscores)

Default Team Reviews: WipEout HD Fury Edition

Why have you chosen the team you stay loyal to? Do you ever switch? What do you like about your team, what do you hate? Does your team ship look ugly or amazing?

All of these questions must be answered, as I've found myself changing team every few weeks.
    Post in this thread about your chosen team's performance, your opinion on why they are better than the rest and your feelings on their aesthetics.

Are they faster? Are they tankier? Can they just stick to a line better than the others?

In particular I want to hear your say on their:

Looks, the way they pilot, why they are better or why they are bad if you are choosing to write about a team you don't recommend to others!

---

I switch teams too often in HD to be able to write a detailed report on any team, but I've found myself sticking with FEISAR lately. In WipEout HD Fury, I've always wanted to hear the parallels between AG-SYSTEMS and FEISAR. Particularly from pilots who have used both in their lifetime. I also want to see if you use the HD or Fury versions of your chosen team, and the mysterious ways in which Mirage suprises you.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Harimau Harimau Harimaaaauuuuu!!!!!!

My first ship i stuck to for the longest time (now switch to some other ships from time to time), the sole reason why i picked it is because it is sexy as hell! Such a smooth design, especially the HD version, so sexy, and those coloured wing tips, all of the sexyness! The fury version is nice too, not so much design wise, but the zone skin looks good on it and it flies aproximately the same as the HD version but is a little faster, don't really hate anything about it, tend to get rammed a lot, but that happens in every ship i fly and it maybe has a low shield, but that's not really such a big issue for me, fly most of my time trials/speed laps in it ^^

I find myself switching to Mirage for anything that's rapier and below, love that little ball (fury version), flies a bit like a Harimau and is an overall nice ship, feels like it pitches better than a Harimoo, which is needed in flash and venom
    For phantom i usually stick to Feisar, can fly real smooth in that thing with just using the stick, maybe not the fastest speed, but the corners make up for that quite easily, why i don't use Harimau for phantom is because i'm not concistent enough in it, i need quite a few laps on the same track with Harimau to get into the groove and flow of the track with Harimau, once i get it though, i wont beat myself with any other ship except Icaras, which brings me to my next point, Hate Icaras! LOL
    There's too many people using that ship, because of that people think they will perform better when flying it while the opposite is the case, fly the harder ships and master them, then you can hop in the easy Icaras and improve records and what not, it's sad to see every lobby filled with Icaras though, it's not the ship that makes you better, it's the pilot that flies it, and yes Icaras is an overall better ship, i break nearly all of my records with it (different account), but i don't like it just for the fact that it's overused

Don't make me start about Triakis either, that ship represent nearly all "douchebag" pilots online, people that like to annoy the **** out of other people by camping on weapon pads and firing at oncoming traffic, if you're reading this, you know who you areā€¦. As such i refuse to fly that ship, have 0 loyalty on it, never flown it once on my main account and therefor will never achieve the platinum trophy either (i'm a really stubborn person ), flown it on an alt once or twice to see what it flies like, but apart from that, nope ^^

So summed up, i usually stick to Feisar, Harimau Or Mirage

Cipher

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I AM THE MOST LOYAL FEISAR PILOT EVAR!! ^_^

If I can exploit the chance, I use Feisar on all speed classes despite the average speed. Being able to fly through the tightest of corners with so much ease is the key reason why I'm a Feisar pilot Other than that the Feisar can perform lots of roles easily, its versatile stats make it easy to adapt to any given situation. The handling is just the icing on the cake. Plus the fury ship is just aww..... soooo beautiful ^_^ If I can adapt to change in a scenario then I want a ship that can also adapt to change. So Feisar is my team of choice.
    But granted the fact its not competitive as could be on venom or flash I will then use either Icaras for the speed or Goteki for the thrust.
    I will always be a Feisar pilot till the end of my days

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

occasionally, I will enter a lobby and just switch ship every race - simply because I want to see something different on my screen. I've become quite attached to the triakis - looks superbly menacing lol... as for handling a ship, well I guess if you've been playing this game long enough - you'll fly in any ship in your preferred speed class.

I recall last avalon, one pilot managed to kick ass in a triakis on phantom - I was impressed... Go DarkPhantom89 everyone else was hogging ica, hari and john (whose john? lol)

I do love my icaras though, she just feels natural in my hands. And here feminine colours do much for my nice nature on track - I don't shoot much with her, she likes to be "nice"

I really should play phantom more often, with you lads - but I just love flash and venom so much lol. I'm always discovering something new in those speeds, and it makes this game so much more interesting.

Last week I borrowed a friends EG-X fury, and had to adjust the seat, the HUD and the airbrakes to my settings - but after that, I felt like I was in an icaras lol... so I went back to my baby. The colours on EG-X make my head hurt.

Oh, let's not forget the ships I started out on HD Fury with AG-Systems - absolutely sexy at turning in all speeds, bar none - bit it a disappointment later on when I have to get air in slower speed classes - it's wing span is a little too wide when compared with other ships imo. Then there's the sexiest looking beast of them all - the Piranha. Back in the day, I raced exclusively with this beast. On Pulse, I used to rock with it - then on HD Fury, I did the same, until boredom eventually took over... it's got a bad turning curve, and slow acceleration - but it keeps its top speed for longer than an icaras, especially after using a turbo (with a BR it's absolutely goes like a bat out of hell)

I use feisar when I don't want to think - seems the ship does all the thinking for me, I just need to point it in the right direction and it takes care of the rest

I once raced with a feisar in a phantom room whilst rolling a ciggy. It's so forgiving that ship - I feel guilty using it nowadays in case you're wondering, the ciggy was insmokeable - I was too ambitious lol
    Last edited by terra-wrists; 1st July 2014 at 01:49 PM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I like how you refer to your Icaras as *she/her* does your Icaras have a name perhaps, possibly after a loved one?
    I named my Feisar Danielle after my girlfriend :3 because I'm that sad

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

yeah, usually I call her Ica - if people are around, but in private she's Iki-bubu

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

My feisar will always be known as 'Deliah'.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Assegai FTW!!! (those of you who know me well will hear this all the time xD)

I have always been an Assegai fan since it was introduced in WO3, and have loved the team since.
    However, I did have mixed love for both Assegai and Triakis (being the Australian team), but I later found my joy with the surprises I had with Assegai, and those derp moments due to the very low health pool.

The design for the ship (typically in Pulse and HD) seemed to be most pleasing to my eye, with the blue and bits of yellow.

And for those who have raced me before, I'm sure you've seen my loyalty to the team xD

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Icaras right here, right always. I personally like the HD Icaras, because it looks better (especially the orange/black variant), but it also rolls a little better and feels slightly heavier which helps to maintain a good line.

I definitely agree with Cipher's assessment about how people tend to gravitate towards the Icaras. However, that being said, there are 2 types of Icaras pilots: those who simply look at the speed stat and surmise it is a better handling Piranha, and those pilots that have truly come to understand the craft. Icaras is not an easy ship to "master." The big trade off here is the ship strength for pilots (like myself) that can land just about any barrel roll. I often fly with just over 15% strength, and I have to balance the fragile nature of the craft out by maintaining a solid lead.

In an all Icaras lobby, the pilot of course makes the difference after all. Yes it is overused, but for those that have mastered the style of racing needed to appropriately use the craft to its fullest abilities, there really is no other ship choice. It takes a lot of practice to be able to get to that point though (and the same can be said for any ship really). The fact that all the top records were done by Icaras (save a very few), does tend to support that the Icaras is a bit "overpowered" but once again, it isn't just the ship, a pilot has to know how to use it too.

FEISAR is kind of the same way. I see a lot of n00b pilots that gravitate towards it due to the handling. I consider it an "easy" craft, but also difficult to master. I don't hate FEISAR per se, but I don't use it much, especially on slower speed classes. I guess the difference is that a FEISAR isn't as much of a threat as an Icaras in this sense.

Icaras is pretty tough to use on Phantom due to the poor shield combined with the lack luster acceleration. Handling is important, but you can compensate for that by just having a well practiced line. Still, I prefer a Harimau or AG Systems in Phantom races (TT and SL's are still done with Icaras).

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by UB3R~JKP View Post
    My feisar will always be known as 'Deliah'.
    I just got that

Lately I've been rocking the piranha online, and I am loving it! It's always nice when you get pilots switching to the piranha because they see it gets good results online - its like a nod of approval.

Bottom line is, the ship makes all the difference if its all you know, but when you know more than one - you start to see "trade offs". For example, piranha handles like a boat, but keeps its top speed for longer than icaras and bounces off walls beautifully - with that in mind, I race differently with it, I throw it violently into and out of turns and use the walls to my advantage (suffers way less wall slow down than other ships, and if the bounce/SS is timed right, keeps a pretty high tops speed through it).

icaras is wonderful, but not as exciting as a piranha now... unless the lobby is full with crazy bastards who can't fly normally because they BR all the time. That's a good thing btw