Thread: European WipEout Convention 8

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

Quote Originally Posted by docfo4r View Post
    To determine the best deadline, let's use this Doodle thingy over here:
    http://doodle.com/hbwsr4fw5yqsyqn4

Layout is german though it is very easy to use. Just write down your name and mark the dates where you would be available.
    There is a language selection at the bottom right of the page, and I believe it automatically changes language based on browser settings

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Liod19

Hello everyone
    Rennfisch just texted me asking if I would like to come (thanks!) and I would love to join as well to meet some fellow pilots in personal.
    Problem is I'm on holidays in August (Thailand, yay), so I can't then but September would be great. Also I don't play Wipeout anymore, haven't touched it for a good month at least, but I would be willing to join in for some sessions if someone wants to. I could also bring my ps3, a monitor and up to 4 controllers.
    So I will think about this a bit and text again here.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Is it just me, or are 98% of the visitors german?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Well, the convention IS taking place in Germany, so it kind of makes sense ^^

@Janani Neeeerrrrr, was wondering where you were, come back! we miss you! Or maybe the next avalon, can't give up on wipeout though Have a great vacation And see you @ Wipeoutcon perhaps!
    i'm still @ a maybe, but don't take me in account with dates and stuff, i never know my schedule

Cipher

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Oh nice, another new face! I haven't touched HD (let alone Pure & Pulse) within the last 8 months. The conventions started as a tournament, but we already had a no-tournament 3 years ago and last year in London it was the same... so if we want to race: fine. But it's really no mandatory - we meet for the fun.

Make sure to enter your availability and check it from time to time:
    Quote Originally Posted by docfo4r View Post
    let's use this Doodle thingy over here: http://doodle.com/hbwsr4fw5yqsyqn4
    And yes: looks like we're almost only Germans. However, we always had the unwritten rule to talk as much English as possible, so everybody is able to listen (it's kinda rude to exclude others by talking a language foreign to them), so nobody should be afraid to still join (i.e. Belgium and Poland) - dreamerx: I promise to always speak English!

Of course, it makes things less complicated if most people already know how the country "works". On the other hand you'll surely miss a lot of great people that don't or cannot come (one has to experience i.e. Asa doing his long jump shortcuts on 2097 live).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

hey guys and gals.

im just now catching up to the whole thing tonight...

kinda dont have time to read all five pages.

but is it a definate about the date in september?

as its been known.i have been working for the states mental hospital for inmates and on inmate patients and been there since october last year.

i would definetly make a date to come. and make an effort to use and make my PTO and Vacation pay kick in to make me have almost all seven days open. when it happens.

I'm actually surprised i just had on my mind to check into here today. Playing in a MTG Prerelease tournament and it hit me to check the news on the Zone. I just got amigos message. surprised i didn't get it a different way by phone, facebook or email.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey DJ Techno,

we are still in planning which date it would be, so it would be good if you can mark your free weekends here:
    http://doodle.com/hbwsr4fw5yqsyqn4

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

i could make my weekends and a week free. the time to be there though is important to raise money, ticket finding, and tell work many times ahead.

so definetly i will mark october weekend or september weekend

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

So we have 9 participants overall as it seems, and 3 dates where 5 of these 9 ppl have time. Though I might need to change my plannings a bit and would prefer the September date.

Anyone else who likes to join the EWC8?

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Too sad the availability is pretty equal on each weekend. But I guess there is nothing that can be done about it.

Also we should pick a date, because reservations/prices will rise the longer we're indecisive. As I'm the organizer I have no problem with any date brought in line by me (and really can't do it on other dates).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hm 5 ppl max is really not a big call

How many ppl have been at earlier Conventions in average?

I hoped we could at least fill the roster with 8 ppl so we have a full set when doing online races

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Hmph. This American surely can't go. Wish I had a real ship. Or a boat. Or a floatation device. Or a teleport.

Does anyone know if there has been a US event like this or who to contact to maybe try to start one?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Yeah. The US events get held and start at Al's place in Vermont.

But it's been a thing for him. To do one again this year. He didn't get to it last year. But it's been a talk to do one this year before the end of 2014. Should I say. Me and him had that talk.

And mann... try a flight with something called. Lum. Something I am looking up who they are. I heard they cheap.

And if the time goes right. Like October. I definitely would be glad to see my tickets be less than 700 again

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Not much activity, no decision on a weekend... Guess it's best to pass it this year?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Agreed

Timezone
    GMT -8

That's too bad. I haven't traveled at all this summer.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Too bad. I hope this isn't a general decrease of interest. Oh well

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

There seems to be enough interest, just need a little more notice than 2 months before. Longer planning would give more people a better opportunity to save, book time off and make arrangements ^_^

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Quote Originally Posted by Knux_Chaotix View Post
    Longer planning would give more people a better opportunity
    That was always the case. Even this thread was started on 2014-06-10 and almost 2 months have passed already. There are two mutual exclusive options: either everybody can concentrate on one date only, or everybody gets the chance to participate. Both options together never worked.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

2 months isnt really enough for the majority of people. Im talking at lest 6 - 8 in advance and focusing on one date and one location. It just gives more time to prepare and finalise stuff. I really really want to go to one of these meets.