Thread: European WipEout Convention 8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Thorinx

Question European WipEout Convention 8

What?

Shortcutting the long story: Mad is unable to host/care a convention and now I'm the leader. To those who don't know: it'd be in Germany - either Frankfurt Main (just like in 2012 and 2009) or alternatively Köln (Cologne) if we want to combine it with attending the gamescom.
    Update: Frankfurt only.

When?

Personally I'm able to provide/attend a convention:
    From Wednesday,
    to Wednesday,
    2014-06-11
    2014-07-16.
    From Wednesday,
    to Thursday,
    2014-08-13
    2014-09-04.
    From Tuesday,
    to Everday,
    2014-09-16
    eternity.
    This means I'm open for the following weekends (Saturdays):
    • 2014-06-14 (week 24)
    • 2014-06-21 (week 25)
    • 2014-06-28 (week 26)
    • 2014-07-05 (week 27)
    • 2014-07-12 (week 28), break.
    • 2014-08-16 (week 33) (the gamescom)
    • 2014-08-23 (week 34)
    • 2014-08-30 (week 35), break.
    • 2014-09-20 (week 38) and beyond.

Edit: gamescon is not possible, as the member nearby is occupied already.
    New time window: September, October, November.

Where?

1. In Frankfurt Main the meetings can happen in my apartment. Again. Also up to 5 people are able to sleep here aswell. All others can rest at a hostel not far away that also has a great lobby to play the mobile games. One night ~27 EUR only.
    2. Maybe in Cologne (Köln), but sleeping and daytime location are not known/confirmed yet. KappesKopp lives there and we could do it at the weekend when the gamescom is open from Thursday, 2014-08-14 to Sunday, 2014-08-17 (highest ticket price is 15,50 EUR).
    Update: gamescon is not available.

How?

Like in the past (Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris, Heerhugowaardt, Frankfurt and London) we have to bring most of the stuff ourselves: monitors, PS3, routers, controllers, PSPs... This time it's even harder: it's unsure if Mad is able to contend at all. Likewise Asa will most surely not have time to stop by.

You?

Please reply with the following data:
    1. Are you interested at all this year? When are you able / not able to come?
    2. Where do you want to go? Frankfurt or Cologne? Are you interested in visiting the gamescom?
    3. What can you bring? People having a car could use it to their advantage by bringing i.e. two monitors.
    If things turn out blurry then this year might be the first one without a European convention. As usual: gaming is not the focus - we can have just a meeting aswell.
    Last edited by AmigoJack; 15th June 2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: update #1: new time window

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! I wish I had more notice of this!!! I'll see what I can do though. For me it would be a case of the later in the year the better, purely because Im busy as hell with festivals this year. If I had known sooner I'd have probably not bought a ticket for Creamfields. Been dying to go to EuroCon for ages, but timing has been a massive problem nearly every time. Plus July/August time is usually chaos here for travel because thats when the school holidays are. Loads of people going places, so the costs get pushed up. I really want to go and I really hope I can.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Well I'll say right off the bat that sadly I cannot attend this year For me the notice is not enough for me to make the necessary arrangements for a few reasons.

For example its first come first served for booking in holiday/time off at work so the more in advance I know the better. It is especially difficult with only a few months notice when the convention is held in the summer months of July or August. I understand the weather is better, is this why it was moved from March to August? I'm basing that on the first convention maybe there was a reason given since then I missed it if so, there was more time to prepare for the first too I think about 5 months.

Also it costs a lot more at that time of year due to the fact everyone is going on holiday so flights and travel go through the roof, just another small reason for more notice.

I will say that combining it with gamescom is an excellent idea though

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I ever wanted to visit the gamescon and I ever wanted to visit a WipEout convention PLUS it's not far away and the uocoming 8 weeks of doing NOTHING. So...I'm doing this

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

Finding a proper place in Cologne during the gamescom weekend is probably going to be a nightmare by now. I'd be down, though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Hello,

Sorry Friends, I'll probably won't attend the EWC this year