Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Experts and masters of WipEout, let's bring it to Awesome Games Done Quick!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@raizza: active zone monster: kousoku3180 (jap) owns almost all zone WRs.

btt: i would like to go there myself, but it's too expensive to go to usa just for a few days. unless i win in the lottery (which i don't take part in), i won't make the atlantic pass

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Asians would be a good representative, because, err theres always a asian gaming god.
    Maybe i could but im scared that i fail while playing live. That would be too emberassing. Moreover i need my TV , its the only tv i can play with.
    Last edited by xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix; 29th May 2014 at 03:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Bumping up this thread, for the people that are interested, that game submissions for AGDQ 2015 will be open on August 16th at 8 PM (GMT).
    More information on this thread.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Yo. 'Sup? I hear you need a speed run WOHD guy stateside. ^_^

I think I could be of assistance. I could probably do all the Arcade Perfect races in one try. I'll have to practice a bit, but I've been brushing up on Phantom lately anyways. I figure with 16 races, each about 3 minutes long, it is doable in under an hour with a little luck.

That being said, if this is a speed run, why not toss in some speed laps? Maybe have someone do speed laps for each track. Lots of barrel rolly goodness. The only problem with the speed runs is that if the global position is shown, there may be some junk data in there, so it wouldn't be a true representation in some cases.

If anything, you may want to include running through the first 2 or 3 grids. Essentially limit the speed run to a certain point.

Beat Zico is a good idea. I could probably get that one in two laps, or maybe 1 if I get lucky with the bridge roll(s).

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    Yo. 'Sup? I hear you need a speed run WOHD guy stateside. ^_^

I think I could be of assistance. I could probably do all the Arcade Perfect races in one try. I'll have to practice a bit, but I've been brushing up on Phantom lately anyways. I figure with 16 races, each about 3 minutes long, it is doable in under an hour with a little luck.

That being said, if this is a speed run, why not toss in some speed laps? Maybe have someone do speed laps for each track. Lots of barrel rolly goodness. The only problem with the speed runs is that if the global position is shown, there may be some junk data in there, so it wouldn't be a true representation in some cases.

If anything, you may want to include running through the first 2 or 3 grids. Essentially limit the speed run to a certain point.

Beat Zico is a good idea. I could probably get that one in two laps, or maybe 1 if I get lucky with the bridge roll(s).
    That's awesome. You can propose several categories, and propose some hot laps, Fury tracks, and Beat Zico as bonus content (as a donation incentive). But the Arcade Perfect trophy should be the main thing, and you should insist on the difficulty of Phantom Elite, that the platinum trophy is one of the hardest feats on PS3, and don't forget to toss in your application some videos to show off the skills needed to impress the organizers.

As a reminder, AGDQ 2015 will take place from January 4 to January 10 in the Washington area. Verify if you are available during this period!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Ok, based on the PSN network profiles page, the following are some of the rarest WOHD trophies that would be good speed run demos due to the limited time it would take to get them:

1. (1.99%) Beat Zico
    2. (2.09%) Arcade Perfect
    3. (4.38%) Own the Zone
    4. (8.14%) Flatland Flyer
    5. (7.53%) Meltdown
    6. (2.87%) Airbraker
    7. (6.57%) Mercenary
    8. (7.82%) Connected 2

There are rarer trophies out there, but these in particular stand out because they can be done quickly.

Connected 2 will get Connected 1 at the same time. Mercenary and Flatland Flyer are possible easily at the same time that Meltdown is achieved.

Beat Zico can be done in 2 laps almost guaranteed (I've gotten within 0.03 second of it on a first try, but 2 laps is almost a guarantee), so the first lap could just be an impressive perfect lap followed by the trophy lap.

Airbraker takes some time, but can easily be done in one go, and is impressive after it pops. I'm not the best at zone, but it might be possible to combine this trophy with Zone Zeus.

Arcade Perfect is possible, but is unpredictable at times. I was able to do a full 12 race tournament on Elite Phantom, and I only lost on Vineta K due to back to back quakes that knocked me off track followed by an undodgeable missile. It is possible, but not a guarantee, based on luck. Still possible in under an hour and 15 minutes even with a mistake.

So based on the percentages earned and the time it takes to get them, these are the trophies I would suggest for a demo. Now I also feel that some speed laps would be pretty awesome to include. There are about 6 tracks I can get a top 100 rank with ease on every time I race them. Same can be said with certain time trials. These laps all involve some pretty crazy shortcuts which add an element of grace and awe to all but the most elite of pilots, and it could help to show just what is possible on these tracks. My best tracks based on records are:

Talon's Junction Reverse
    Talon's Junction Forward
    Sol 2 Reverse
    Metropia Reverse
    Chenghou Reverse
    Sebenco Reverse
    Vineta K Forward
    Anuplha Pass Forward
    Moa Therma Reverse
    Moa Therma Forward

Most of these include an awesome shortcut, and can be impressive to watch. So speed laps or time trials on any of these would be a good fit. I'd even be willing to give away some trade secrets.

As far as the date and place, I live in the Southeast, but I had a friend that lives and works in Maryland, so I could make the trip.

As far as the donations, you could offer a rate based on global rank. That is that if I make the top 100 global record it is a certain amount, if I make top 50 even higher, and so forth and so on. I've never done any videos, so I'll have to research how to do a rig for it. Know anything about PS3 video out?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

I like the idea. But I have an alternative. The speed runners play on Elite Difficulty in the campaign, avoiding Zone events whenever possible. Once the next event is unlocked, they move on to it.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Perhaps a Elite campaign legend speed run would be more interesting if your gonna do that Buster, for the zone events the moment you hit the zone target for the gold medal just pause and quit and move on to the next event.

A 100% WOHD speed run would be cool to but that could get boring after a while (100% meaning get the platinum trophy in one run)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I have got the platinum in as little as 13 hours total play time. However I did have to retry 3 or 4 events, and I didn't quit the zone goals immediately after achieving them. Still, the best case scenario of what it humanly possible to get all the trophies 100% is around 11 hours or so. You have to completely max out 1 team's loyalty and acquire all the ship skins, which takes up the majority of the time. For those 2 trophies alone, it probably would take 5-6 hours.

@Buster, avoiding the Zone events would not be necessary. As mentioned, quitting after the goal would cut time down. But avoiding them altogether doesn't really serve any purpose because you have to Elite ALL the events. I think the largest Zone requirement for HD is zone 25, which is Super-Phantom. Which is maybe 6 laps?

For ECL, it would be possible to do in probably under 4 hours, but that still would probably be too long to do in a speed run. Every node in the HD campaign is acquirable on the first try (and with ALL of the speed laps, it is easily possible to get Elite gold on the first lap).

I'll time myself and see how long it would take to make it through just Meltdown tonight, considering that is the longest set, we can get a good idea of how long it would take based on that time, but I suspect it will still take 3-4 hours at least to make it through the entire campaign.

*update*
    I just went through all of the Meltdown nodes on Elite. I won each node without retrying. I was able to gold elite all speed laps on the first lap, and I spent minimal time navigating through the menu screens, and my time was ~00:45. So Meltdown is the longest grid, and it takes 45 minutes if done perfectly.

I also did Hand Rush and got a time of ~26 minutes under the same circumstances, with perfect laps and no redo's. I ended the zone challenge immediately after the goal.

I was able to manage a time of ~11 minutes on Uplift under the same circumstance except I added an extra lap on the Anulpha Pass speed lap to beat Zico. As above, I ended the zone immediately after reaching the goal.

So just those 3 events is already a time of 01:22.

For estimating purposes Here is what I would guess for the non-confirmed times per grid: 11 + 15 + 18 + 18 + 26 + 30 + 45 + 45.

This makes for an estimated total of just around 3:30. This run through would achieve Elite Campaign Legend, Campaign Legend, Beat Zico, Happy Accident, Keep Rolling, 1 Gold Medal Won 86 to Go, Flatland Flyer, Own the Zone, and Tournament Ace, as well as all the bronze medals for each grid.
    Last edited by mannjon; 22nd July 2014 at 09:12 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

don't forget, you need a bling brigade squad at hand to get a 100% run in a fast time.

edit: quitting zone mode after reaching the goal results in DNF! so that doesn't work the way you said it would be
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 22nd July 2014 at 08:51 PM.