Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Angels

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I feel this need adressing, even though it will not affect Faster Than Angels.

I am nearing the end of the first semester for school, and as such, I need to get all of my work done. This is the primary reason why I have not been replying to you guys. Your current parts are great, by the way. Anyway, I'm not sure how long it'll take me to get everything done, but the next part of Faster Than Angels will still be uploaded on Friday the 20th (Yay for typing it all in a text document).

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Don't worry Ace I'm going through the same thing. I have college Biology and Environmental science assignments to complete and the deadlines are putting a lot of pressure on me, so flying with dragons will also have to wait
    Once finished I'll start the fiction again

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Even though I'm sure that I'd get all my school stuff done by sometime before Friday, I'd completely understand if there was a small hiatus due to stuff like that. We all have lives outside the internet, after all, sometimes stuff comes up that's outside our control.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I have no problem if some of your parts are late (cause mine are also very ranomly published).
    This will give me some time for my own fan-fic

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I wanna know something quickly. In your opinion, what year should be the year for the new FX league, given that 2197 was the FX300 and 2207 was the FX400? As of now, this will not affect the fanfic in any way, I'm just curious.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Regulary maybe 2250 (as FX500)
    If Crinale f*cks everything up 2210 (as F10000)

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Interesting, I always thought the X in FX meant 10, so for instance, the FX300 was actually the F10300. But I can see your reasoning, they want to progress from the F9000.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

As you wrote in your story "Crinale wants to bring back the F9000!"

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Damn, after tring to create a family tree for the Bovier family I found an error.
    In 2209 Jonny Bovier is 211 (and semi-human ), Jana is 24 and Nico 23.
    Just going through the "father-line" of Jana (born 2185) and Nico (born 2186):
    Jonny Bovier [1998-22xx, I don't wat to spoil you ) , aged 35 when gets father)] -> Lukas Bovier (2033-2123, aged 23) -> Peter Bovier (2056-2160, aged 33 when his first son was born) -> Michael Bovier (2089-2191, aged 26) -> Kevin Bovier [2115-2198, aged 70 (!)]

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 4.3

I'm finally done with school for this semester! Here's the next part

The referenced album title of part 4.2 was "Sound of Silver" by LCD Soundsystem

<<PART 4.3 START>>
    C:\>cd Users\Angelus\Documents\Logs_

C:\Users\Angelus\Documents\Logs>start fta4.3.txt_
    opening "C:\Users\Angelus\Documents\Logs\fta4.3.txt"
    [yes, those are real command prompt functions, but please, don't try this at home, unless you know what you're doing.]

...A female's voice came through to Angel's comms system, but it wasn't anyone from Angelus.

"
    [static]-ahaha! Well, I never realised you were this good, but I have to hand it to you, you are really good at racing. Though, I do know who you are, and I know you have that special power of yours, so you should be able to figure this one small thing out... do you know who Devil is? Do you know who I really am?"

"Wait, you are Devil?!" Angel replied, taken aback.

"Why, yes! Yes I am. Are you surprised that I am a girl?"

"Hah. Not really, I know that voice. Also, I've just analysed your racing style, I now know who you are!"

Angel was the best pilot Angelus had, he could tell who someone was just by their racing style, and it had not taken long for him to figure out who it was...

[Part 4.3] Welcome, Simulated Reality

[[Eleven years ago...]]

<21980724>
    Tuesday, July 24th, 2198

Katana Advancements HQ, Perth, Australia

12:02:37

Tryouts had begun for the two pilots necessary for what was then called the 'Angelus Project'. So far, there were three people who had the highest chance of being the top 2: Tarah Andrews, scoring the then current #2 spot, Tyler Pålsson (Now #2 pilot for Crinale), who had scored 3rd, and one more unknown individual who went by the codename 'Angel'. He didn't want to become a pilot, but had somehow beat Tarah's record and had set a seemingly impossible record to beat. It was evident that Angel was the best pilot out of the Katana employees who had tried the simulator. That record, however, was about be obliterated.

"Is this the place where we tryout for the Angelus Project?" A 21 year old Alexandra Gelorum inquired. She was a fair skinned girl with bright green eyes and short, straight black hair.

"Alexandra, of course!" Brandon said. "I'll just need you to fill in this form, then we'll be ready to go."

"Excellent." She said. After filling the form out, she sat in the pilot's seat of the simulator, which Brandon set up.

"So, who currently has the #1 record?" she asked, cracking her knuckles.

"No idea, I left the sim unattended for a bit, when I came back, I saw that someone had set the best record of all time! They gave only a username, 'Angel'. I don't know who exactly set the record or why they did so, just that they did."

"OK, well, I am ready, start it whenever you are."

"Right."

About 2 minutes later, Alexandra finished the simulated race...

"What." Brandon said, amazed. Yet, oddly, he also sounded slightly annoyed. "What is this?!"

"Evidently, it is a new record." Alexandra proudly pointed out.

"That it is, you beat the impossible record! I would congratulate you, however, I'm not sure if your racing style is what we need for the Angelus project."

"Excuse me? I thought we were to get the best score, was that not the point of the scoring system?!"

"You were, but the Angelus Project was designed around the idea of winning without violence. Yet, your racing style is extremely aggressive. The purpose of the simulator was to get the best score by obtaining the fastest time."

"Do not say I cannot be a pilot just because I beat this Angel's record!"

"I'm not saying that. I'm saying you're too violent."

"Too violent?"

"Racing around, firing weapons and forcefully smashing into other racing crafts yelling 'I will destroy you all, f***ing die!'? Yes, that is too violent for the Angelus project. I'm sorry, but please don't take it so personally. You aren't the only one who I have denied."

"Right, I will do that," Suddenly, her whole demeanour changed, sounding very cold and bitter. "Do not come crying to me when the Angelus Project fails, just because you denied the best pilot on this team, Brandon."

Her eyes seemed to glow at the violent mention of his name.

<21:03:22_>
    <omega harbour: white run_>
    <phantom class_>
    <lap 77_>

"It's been a long time, eleven long years in fact, but finally, you have shown yourself... Alexandra"

"Please, nowadays I prefer to go by the name Gelorum. Well, when I am not using pseudonyms, that is. However, knowing who I am will not save you from us."

"ERROR: Unknown Weapon detected." Angel's computer spoke.

"This is the last time you will mess with the affairs of Crinale Technologies, as now, you will be more than just eliminated, you will be destroyed, KILLED, by my hand!

It seems funny how things come around full circle... Brandon!"
    Last edited by Ace3000; 20th June 2014 at 08:07 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default JRC7/TSJC7: Three-Sided Game

Faster Than Angels
    Jennterista Racing Chronicles

The Jennter Succession Conflict

Chapter 7/7: Three-Sided Game

Around the same time

Henry Marsson was sitting in the office formerly belonging to Jonathan Bovier, not that it has been the first time he stayed alone in it.
    “You called?” a young woman stood in the door frame, leaning against it.
    “Close the door.” he ordered “I know that you are relatively close to the Bovier siblings.”
    The woman glared at him, leaving little room for a readable expression.

Henry sighed “Sit down, you know that we both work for the same cause.”
    She followed order, but remained silent while sitting at the desk.
    “N16 of the Crinale Special Infiltration Group.” he uttered to gain her attention.
    “My name is Madison Larough. And you should not address me by anything else.” she replied in a sharp, but calm tone. The exact reaction Henry expected.
    The man sitting in front of her shook his head “Given the affiliation you built up with the Boviers, you’ll be given a special task.”

“A lot of ‘loyalist’ employees are currently being released. But knowing Jonathan for some years now, I don’t think he will just give up.” he began to explain “They’ll likely contact the people we currently shaft. That’s where you come into play.”
    “I am supposed to contact the remnant faction and infiltrate it.” Madison concluded “Single mission, or support?”
    “For now single.” Henry answered “Depending on what you come up with. But support is likely required here first.”

Madison was dismissed by Henry. She walked out of his office, letting her shoulders hang an at the verge of crying. Afterall, she just got fired for reasons unknown.
    Last edited by Jonny; 7th May 2020 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Final Overture

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Love that 2211 part, like a glimpse of things to come!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

All fan fics are coming along nicely guys, nice work

Flying with Dragons is still at the bottom of my tight schedule sadly right now so there is going to be a huge delay between parts
    But I have some free time now so the next instalment will be here soon, but after this one I can't do another part till my college year is complete and I've spent overdue time with my girlfriend

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

That's fine. As I said, I'd understand if you went on hiatus due to personal reasons.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Okay guys here is the next instalment for a while just till I finish college for summer. Once again there is a video prompt in the story, when you see the prompt please click on the link and listen to the music as you read
    Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KxEm...D8C0844CE41E01
    PART 4.3: Deception

Its been 4 days since the incident involving the near death experience of lead pilot Falon and the complete destruction of the XAF. Its late at night after another long hard day for the Wyvern team. But there is uneasiness throughout the site as nobody knows when the unknown assailant will strike again and rumours are spreading as to who it could be. David is sat in his office, he has recently isolated himself from people for strange reasons but his expressions clearly show that something is wrong. There's a knock on his door, in walks Sarah and Falon with reserve pilot Razgriz

Razgriz is the 2nd pilot of Wyvern AR, he saved the XAF and Falon from the previous events. Not much is known about him other than he is identified by his name Razgriz. The only known thing about his past is he is a close friend of Falon, they met during their high school years and spent a lot of time with each other as they studied to be AG pilots for Feisar. They mastered racing lines and were ready to undergo the simulator tests. They did really well but they had poor eliminator results which then cost them. But these results were not ignored by David, he hired them to be Wyvern pilots during the increase in the teams popularity. They are now well respected pilots following the ideals of Van Uber making them very popular.

David: Oh, its you three. Can I help you?
    Falon: Well we came to tell you to get some rest.
    Razgriz: Its been ages since took a break, you need it
    David: I'm sorry I can't, I need to ensure the safety of my employee's and the XAF.
    Falon: Well we're getting nowhere, lets go.
    Razgriz: Right behind you.

Falon and Razgriz leave but Sarah sticks around.

Sarah: David I need to tell you some things.
    David: Sure go ahead.
    Sarah: Well I think I know how the unknown assailant attacked us on such important days. We must have a traitor in our mists feeding him the information he requires.
    David: Honestly I'm not surprised, its the most logical explanation right now.
    Sarah: Sadly so, but there's another thing.
    David; Go on then.

Sarah walks slowly to the window overlooking the XAF's hanger. She speaks ever so softly.

Sarah: I... have had different views about you lately.
    David: Really? how so?
    Sarah: Well I use to just see you as a really good friend. But now............ I love you
    David: Well................. I love you to. I had the same feelings when we stared at each other during the XAF's convention.
    Sarah: Yeah, it seemed we were meant to be.

David slowly walks up to Sarah, he then hugs her. They both agree on a new relationship.

Suddenly walks in Falon and Razgriz both shouting "WE KNEW IT!"

David: Whoa where did you two come from, shouldn't you to two be home??
    Falon: Well we realised it was just you guys in here. I thought something would happen between both of you
    Razgriz: Well... is it the case??
    Sarah: Yes.. we love each other and now in a relationship.
    Razgriz: Awww congrats, I'm really happy now.

(Play video)
    David: Thanks, but I need to tell you both something.
    Razgriz: Go for it, what's wrong?

David takes a long deep breath as he tries to explain the seriousness of the situation

David: We believe there's a traitor among us, feeding info to our attacker and we need to find out who it is before he can steal the XAF

Falon suddenly turns away from David and Razgriz, in shock obviously.

Falon: I think I know who it is.
    David: Really, tell us then who is it.
    Falon:............. ITS ME!

Falon turns around and pulls out a gun and points it at all three of them. Threatening to blow their brains out if they dare get closer. He shouts "get on the floor! NOW!" David, Sarah and Razgriz do as he says, then Falon drops a flash-bang grenade to immobilise them as he escapes. David covers Sarah and manages to protect her from the effects of the flash-bang. Sarah stands up to see Falon gone, David and Razgriz in agony. She activates the alarms and activates the comm units.

ATTENTION ALL WYVERN PERSONNEL! FALON IS A TRAITOR AND IS TRYING TO ESCAPE! YOU MUST STOP HIM!
    Sarah hears several gunshots from outside as she realises what has happened to several employees. David and Razgriz recover and stand up slowly.

Razgriz: THAT GOD DAMN FIEND! I WILL KILL HIM
    Sarah: DAVID! Falon is running to the XAF'S hanger!
    David: After him!

David rushes out of the building at lightning speeds and chases Falon across the Wyvern Runways. Falon shoots at David but he ducks moments before Falon pulls the trigger to save himself. He scrambles to his feet but Falon has already gained a significant lead. But he gives chase. Suddenly a huge explosion is heard! The hanger doors to the XAF are blown away and Falon races in. David is to far away to keep up and before he knows it, the XAF is seen approaching the run way. David slows down as he realises he is to late. Falon kicks in the afterburner and prepares for take-off. The XAF's incredible STOL abilities means it flies soon after and makes its getaway. But not before a Wyvern employee is able to pull out a rifle and fires a homing beacon, it connects to the Wyvern and activates so it can be tracked.

David falls to the ground, heart broken and in tears. Razgriz and Sarah finally catch up to him and witness the XAF disappear into the night sky. Sarah drops to David and comforts him as Razgriz paces back and forth cursing.

David: I don't care what his motives are, but I am going to deal with Falon personally. I created the ultimate super weapon for him to endanger the lives of thousands. I WILL STOP HIM.

And there you guys go, hope you like the plot development.
    But this will be it for now, so the next part may take a while to be done but I will return to this series soon.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Suddenly walks in Falon and Razgriz both shouting "WE KNEW IT!"
    Just made me laugh
    However, awesome part

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

That made me laugh too, then Falon had to go and ruin that moment. Dick.

But wow, I never expected that, freaking amazing!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Eh I got some free time now so might be constructive and treat you guys to another instalment while I have the chance
    Usual drill, see prompt play allocated video
    Video1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn90U...D8C0844CE41E01
    Video2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwu1s...D8C0844CE41E01

PART 5: The Last Mistake

(play video1)
    Its a bleak day in Iceland, with overcast overlooking the Wyvern AR base of operations. Two days have passed since Falon's betrayal and the loss of the XAF-72 Wyvern. Morale is running low throughout the entire Wyvern operation, employees are less energetic and uneasy whether if there will be another attack. The homing beacon attached to the lost XAF has not been transmitting lately and hopes of it finding the HQ of Crinale with it are becoming slimmer with every passing second. Many are losing hope.

However just now a large cargo aircraft lands onto Wyvern runways and David is eager to see it. It reveals a new F-14D tomcat ready to be converted into a AGRC racer. Employees look at each other thinking why David has a optimistic mood. But they see him run back to HQ suddenly. Five minutes later a message is being transmitted across the comms by David.

ATTENTION ALL WYVERN PERSONNEL. PLEASE MEET IN THE CONFERENCE THEATRE IN TEN MINUTES!

Questionably, but undoubtedly there's a huge turn up in the theatre. All employees are there, researchers, engineers even Sarah and Razgriz wonder what's happening. Even more shocking is that the new F-14D is in there. Then enters David with what looks like a speech several pages long in his hand. He begins his speech.

Good morning ladies and gentlemen its good to see you hear. But by the looks on your faces I can tell you want to be at home. *there's mummers of agreement in the audience* Just as I thought, I want to be at home to but I cannot allow us to accept defeat because we lost the XAF. As you are all aware we have a new F-14 today that we need converting into a AGRC craft. *More muttering occurs* Please just hear me out guys, for my team of researchers have developed new racing technology for the new craft.
    I present to you, the blueprints for a new Wyvern racer. THE XAF-54 AG WYVERN

(play video2)
    A large curtain drops with the blueprints of the new craft, instantly peoples faces light up with joy. Muttering turns into conversations of the new craft and employees become excited. David resumes.

The new XAF-54 AG Wyvern is the ultimate machine in speed and handling, it is going to be quite possibly the most successful racer we have ever made. By our calculations the statistics show:
    SPEED: 95%
    HANDLING: 90%
    THRUST: 75%
    SHIELD: 70%

We have managed to remedy some of the limitations we once had with the thrust and shield for when we made fast ships. But we also have the blueprints for a technology for this Wyvern that can stop the XAF-72 from being weaponised and beat Crinale at there own game. No its not a weapon, but we will tell you what it is later.

All of the Wyvern employees light up in excitement at the site of the new technology, people start cheering. Razgriz and Sarah give their own mini standing ovation. David glares into the crowd with happiness. Morale has been restored and people are shouting *WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?!! LETS CONVERT THAT TOMCAT!!

David shouts to the heavens as he says: WE WILL TEACH CRINALE NOT TO MESS WITH US! AND WE WILL SHOW HOW WE DEAL WITH TRAITORS TO OUR FAMILY!

Razgriz and Sarah run to David. Sarah hugs David while Razgriz shouts into the microphone.

Razgriz: Who wants to make a dragon?!!
    Personnel: ALL OF US!!!
    Razgriz: WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!! LETS GO

All Wyvern employees take copies of the blueprints to the new XAF Wyvern and the new technology, morale is through the roof and faces are filled with excitement. The future of Wyvern AR has been re-established and their motives are stronger than ever.

David and Sarah are the only ones left in the conference theatre.

Sarah: David, your dad would be proud
    David: I think he would, this cause is for people like him.

They seal the deal with their first kiss as the doors close.

Right no more for now, I'm running out of ideas for future parts
    But the story of Flying with Dragons grows ever deeper, soon they will be ready for their race at Omega Harbour.
    But their race will be a different one from the one that Angelus's story is taking place now. So there will be different events to this development.
    Hope you enjoyed this instalment
    Also hope your not sick of the Ace combat music, to me the music in that game suits the situations I'm creating
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 23rd June 2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default JRC8/TJSC8: Back to the Roots II

Faster Than Angels
    Jennterista Racing Chronicles

The Jennter Succession Conflict

Chapter 8/8: Back to the Roots II

4th November 2209
    New/Old Jennter Enterprises HQ, Düsseldorf, Germany
    09:43.21

As organised by Jennter employee Daniel Fersen, groups of people have been transferred from Copenhagen to Düsseldorf. He eventually got fired himself against all legal obligations, but remained in Copenhagen as a contact for employees. Notably a lot of people eventually dropped their employment individually, in order to join what they deemed to be ‘the real Jennter’. But despite this the ‘Marsson faction’ remained the strongest entity, both in manpower and legal recognition.

With Madison dispatched to infiltrate the loyalist group, Henry didn’t worry about this attempt to oppose his new rule. He had entirely different plans for the company to begin with.

“Mister Bovier, look!” one of the employees shouted through the main hall, as someone else raised the volume of the speakers, giving through the audio of a news channel.

“Jennter Enterprises announce cooperation plans with Crinale Technologies. According to newly named company President Henry Marsson they ‘seek a thriving partner to disclose new technologies and market opportunities.’
    Given the reputation of Crinale Technologies, the stock price of Jennter dropped on a ten year low within minutes of this announcement.”

Fractions of seconds later a screwdriver pierced into the highly mounted screen, followed by an “That damned bastard!” angrily filling the hall.
    Nico had to hold Jonathan back from throwing any more objects at what merely has been an image of Henry on an ancient television flat screen.
    “Calm damn, dammit.” Nico shouted at him “Jennter needs a strong leader right now.”
    Jonathan glared at him, then looked back at the screen “He used to be my friend…”

“We fell for him.” Nico said “But it shows just how bad Crinale is.”
    Jonathan returned to look at Nico “Crinale? How do you get that idea?”
    “Don’t you think it is suspicious? Henry is certainly not so stupid to just outright announce a cooperation with a shady company like that.” he explained “I bet he is somehow affiliated with them.”

“His face.” Jonathan sighed “On that day. It was fully of joy.”
    “It is hard to see on the available recordings.” Nico admitted “But anyway, he is our enemy now.”

Jonathan laid the object he grabbed back onto the front desk.
    “Sorry everyone, I will clean that up.” he announced to the people surrounding the pair.

They returned to getting the headquarters ready for use, it was a considerable plan to entirely abandon the Copenhagen site in favour of the new-old building.
    In fact the Düsseldorf base used to have much better facilities, if they only were maintained through the past years.

Beside the main building, which includes the engineering offices, the financial and organisational departments, as well as all staff offices, there has been a large production site right next to the west, responsible for AG craft, especially the racing vehicles.
    To the north a large, open space could be found. It lead up to a runway and hangar section even further northwest. The site also has seen occasional use as a testing area for AG craft and cars. Even further north the corresponding car production halls were to be found, though these have been inactive even longer than the base itself and hosted regular tours until the shutdown of the whole complex.

To the east of the main hall another research complex could be found, which only allowed limited access and hasn’t been opened again so far.
    Last edited by Jonny; 7th May 2020 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Final Overture

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Nice work