Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Angels

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default FTA: Curse of the Devil | Part 23

Happy birthday, Sara! Also, due to a complete coincidence, Happy birthday, Brandon Smith. XD

FTA: Curse of the Devil - Crinale 2210-12

>log23: 22100712

Thursday, July 12th, 2210

07:44:28

"Wh... What the?!"

A few people were standing by an ordinary sofa in the lounge.

"何?1 Ugh.... Why is it that everyone gets so surprised whenever they see me here?!" Kyoko asked, annoyed. She was casually sitting lengthways on the sofa, with one knee up and her arm on the same side resting on it.

"It's because you almost never come here. This is the second time in two months!" Gareth replied. Everyone had left to get on with the day's preparations, but Gareth had remained.

"So what if I'm not here every day?! If I don't have to be here, then I won't come. What's there to be surprised about?"

"Uh..."

"Exactly. Unnecessary thoughts and feelings are not good for anyone. Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not saying 'Be a robot', or 'Get rid of your emotions', I'm just saying 'Think rationally'."

"Okay, noted. So, what are you doing here?"

"Nothing at all."

"Huh? Wait, so why did you come here?"

"I'm sure you know why. You know the significance of today's date."

"Yeah, but how do you know about that? No-one told you as far as I'm aware."

Kyoko shrugged, "I just know."

Gareth suddenly became aware that no-one else was speaking. 'Wait, why is no-one spea-' He thought, spinning around and realizing why. Everyone else had left, the only two people in the lounge were him and Kyoko.

"The hell? Where did everyone go?"

"They left." Kyoko replied simply, "Most probably to help with the preparations."

"Yeah, I know that, I ju... ugh, why? D-do they know?" He mumbled to himself.

"Know what?" Kyoko asked, hearing him.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. Anyway, since everyone left us, shall we go for a drive together?"

"Let me think about that." She said, sitting for several seconds, before, "Uhhh.... no."

"What?! Why not?"

"I have no need for leisure. Besides, he will be here soon."

"I know, I meant after... ugh, never mind."

"I agree, let's go make our preparations." She said, getting up and walking off without waiting for Gareth.

"Okay... H-hey, wait!" He stuttered, running after her, trying to keep up.

------------

08:00:00

As usual, Brandon arrived at Angelus HQ at 8am. He parked in his usual space, the garage that only he had the authority to use. He entered the fairly large lounge, and turned on the lights.

BANG

"AAAGH! What the-?!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRANDON!" Came the voices of several people after popping several party poppers.

"Wh-? I-" Brandon stuttered. "Thanks, guys!"

"Ehh, it's nothing. Just showing our admiration for one of the saviours of AG racing! Also, it's your 50th, we had to do something!"

"Well, I appreciate it!" He said, looking around the room, then seeing a somewhat unusual, but familiar sight.

"K-Kyoko? You're here! Who told you when my birthday was?"

"I... I just knew." She muttered.

"Ah, it's not important, I'm glad you're here, though!"

"Thanks..." She fidgeted, as if she was hesitating about something. Then she stuck her arm out and flashed a peace sign, before loudly saying "Happy Birthday!". She dropped her hand immediately afterwards and muttered "I feel foolish."

"Anyway, Brandon," The lead technician said, "For your present, we thought we had to do something special, and we have planned something really special. Look out there." He pointed to the window showing the underground R&D sector. There Brandon spotted something.

"Wait, that's my Razer.X! How'd you get in it when I have the key?!"

"You underestimate your own technicians. We have a master key that can unlock and start any Razer.X, including your special model. But that's not important. What is important is your present. We made a 2nd generation of the AGS:X engine, which will be swapped into your car. This particular engine has been modified to suit a completely new drivetrain which eliminates the need for a transmission. It's going to be much lighter, so it'll be much faster."

"Wow, thanks!"

"That's not all. We have 4 Electric-Sport motors that will also be installed, so you can get up to 983hp. However, for now, you will only be able to access 750, due to complicated reasons. But hey, at least you get 30 more for now."

"This will take some time to complete everything, please tell me I have a temporary car I can use."

"Of course!"

------------

Location Unknown.

Time Unknown.

>>EREBUS OS V3.7.564

>>LOADING DATA FILES...
    >COMPLETE

>>INITIATING "PROJECT SHINIGAMI"

>>PROJECT: SHINIGAMI ONLINE.

>>DOWNLOADING EXISTING AVAILABLE TEAM DATA...
    >COMPLETE

>>INITIATING DEVELOPMENT ON "SG_R-000", "SG_X-043"...
    >ERROR: DATA INSUFFICIENT TO COMPLETE "SG_X-043". ADDITIONAL DATA REQUIRED.
    >DEVELOPMENT STARTED ON "SG_R-000".

>EXPECTED DEVELOPMENT COMPLETION DATE: 2212.

1 Nani, tr:"What?"

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default (deleted part)

This part got deleted, especially due to possible spoilers.
    Last edited by Jonny; 30th August 2015 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Deleting part

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I'll stop writing now and sort every stuff out what I wrote. My opening post will become a base for every chapter (link'n'stuff) and links to other pages with FTA relevance will be provided.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Draws of Madison in her "final form": http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/alb...achmentid=9607

Awesome. If anyone wants to check my story out, Its the Hypernova-an alternate Wipeout thread

I bet you get this heaps, but you do know that angelus and crinale are two cars in Ridge Racer

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Yes I do. That was completely intentional. I love the Ridge Racer series, especially those two rival cars! The idea was that the two teams were intended to be WipEout versions of the cars.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 7th August 2015 at 03:33 AM.

I love RR too! I've got RRVita and RR7. Soldat Raggio all the way!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Due to certain reasons, I will be discontinuing the entirety of my sonic-infobox.net site, including the old FTA Database. This means that the Season 1 soundtrack will soon be unavailable to download. Don't worry though, I will put it up soon, be it on a file hosting site or on a new website.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 8th August 2015 at 06:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 76: Copies

[part removed]
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 09:06 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 77: Offensive Campaign

[part removed]

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

>log24: 22100802-22100803

Thursday, August 2nd, 2210

"Okay, I have called this meeting because we need to end this." CO-02 spoke up to the other remaining Crinale Originals. Ever since Alex was forced to leave, 02 had become the de-facto leader of the CO section of Crinale.

"We cannot defeat OE-0 individually. We need to think, create a strategy, that can finish him once and for all. For CO-01!"

Everyone agreed by nodding their heads.

"Okay, now if we may begin, here is my plan on how to eliminate OE-0..."

------------
    Friday, August 3rd, 2210

"Viktor, sir. We're all done, you may initiate the call when you're ready." A technician told Viktor, who was sitting in a chair, visibly impatient.

"I've been ready since 10 minutes ago." He snapped back. "Let's do this now."

<<CONNECTING TO: NICO BOVIER...>>

<<CONNECTION ESTABLISHED>>

"-ot now..." Came a voice on the other end, as Nico came into view, sitting down on his chair.

"Добрый день1, Mr. Von Bovier." Viktor greeted.

"Hello, Mr. Antonov. All fresh?" he asked annoyed.

"Hehehehe, a lot like your ancestor, Jonathan." Viktor laughed, loud and cold.

"What's the matter? Listen Viktor. I got way bigger problems right now." Nico said annoyed.

Viktor's eye twitched at that, even though Nico wouldn't see it behind his helmet.

"Build up the connection, cams on the prisoner." Viktor ordered his men. There, on the screen was Vera, staring at the ground and a man, pointing a gun to her head.

"Look, Mr. Bovier, this is her, right?" he asked.

Nico could do nothing but stare into her face.

1Dobryy den' (tr:Good day)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 78: Revelation

[part removed]

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default FTA: Curse of the Devil | Part 24.2

Ignore this if you want, it's the same as Jonny's part. It's really just filler for me until I can think of something to write.

To be honest, I really want all of this 2210 stuff to be over so I can start writing/posting Season 2. I have so many good ideas for that and I'm sure it'll be much better than all of these COTD parts. However, I can't just get stuck into it since some pre-2212 stuff will affect some minor, but still relevant Season 2 details.

>log24.2: 22100803

Friday, August 3rd, 2210

There, on the screen, was Vera, staring at the ground, and a man, pointing a gun to her head.

"Look, Mr. Bovier, this is her, right?" he asked.

Nico could do nothing but stare into her face.

"Yes, I guess." Nico replied unimpressed.

"Mr Bovier!" Vera yelled, looking up suddenly.

Viktor started to laugh, feeling safe about his victory "Hahahahaha, young Bovier, already give up?"

After a while of what seemed like thought, Nico wispered "They were right..."

"Listen, Bovier. You killed some of my men..." Viktor began to talk, as Nico continued to think about his conclusion.

"Listen, Chris! This is not longer racing, you made war of it! Beside these that are devastingly destroying our continent!" he spat, to Viktor's surprise.

"If you little sh't believe you can blackmail me, you are wrong. What we do with our troops is none of your business! This is going too far!" Nico made the mistake to believe that Viktor's plans weren't politically motivated.

"Chris?!" Vera shouted.

"Chris Scarborough!" yelled Nico into his screen.

"Fine..." Viktor sighed "Kill her, Dave."

"Dave!?" was Nico's loud, surprised words as the man raised his arm and fired.

BANG!
    Last edited by Ace3000; 10th September 2015 at 07:03 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default FTA: Curse of the Devil | Part 25

I thought of something original to write about. apart from the August 2nd part, the entirety of log24 was crap. Just me copy-pasting things. Ugh.

>log25: 22100811

Saturday, August 11th, 2210

"SO THAT'S WHERE YOU'VE BEEN!?" An angry Carolina Scarlatti called, and scolded, her daughter. "You haven't spent a day at school. No, you've gone and become an AG pilot!"

"Hi to you too, Carolina." Lucia greeted her, placing particular emphasis on her mother's name. "Too bad you found out too late, or you'd have been able to prevent it! I'm glad it took you this long though, quite fitting for people such as yourself."

"Caro-?! Now you listen to me! You will return home at once! You are never to touch anything Anti-Gravity again! That stuff is the Devil's work. God created gravity on our fine Earth for a reason!"

"Carolina," She taunted again, placing even more emphasis on her name. "You should have realised I don't believe in that religious BS. I'm a woman of science, Anti-Gravity technology is the pinnacle of human innovation. Also, I was born to race, not one pathetic human can stop me, even if those pathetic humans are the ones who birthed me."

"Lucia! Y-"

"SILENCE!" She yelled back. "YOU CANNOT CHOOSE FOR ME! I AM MY OWN PERSON! YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME! [sigh], okay... maybe I should try saying this in your own language if you aren't going to listen. So please... listen very carefully. [ahem]... AFF*NCULO E MORIRE, PUTTANA1!"

After cussing her out in her native Italian, Lucia ended the call, then proceeded to delete her entire family's contact details off her phone, but not before placing a block on every number that corresponded to every member of her family. Filled with intense hate, she pitched her arm back to hurl her phone at the wall, but then she remembered the words of her co-pilot, Leon Turner, as if he were right there in her room:

"Hmph, if only you'd channel that anger into the simulator, into eliminating the other craft. This is Crinale, you can't just do what you want."

She stared back at the simulator sitting in one corner of her room.

"UUAAAGGGHHH, fine!" She growled, booting up the machine. "I'll show you what I can do."

As soon as the simulator loaded everything, she noticed Leon had joined the race.

'Hmph,' She thought, 'I guess you heard me. No matter, you will be the first to go, the first to feel my rage.'

She stayed true to her word. Not even past the first lap...

"Contender Eliminated."

"KYAHAHAHAHAHA!"

However, even though she eliminated Leon, she wasn't done unleashing her rage once she disposed of Leon. She continued to intentionally eliminate every other craft on the track, all while keeping a relatively fast and clean run.

"Contender Eliminated."

"First Place."

"You're damn right 'first place', there's no-one left to beat me!" She contemplated on her win. "You know, this seems to be very theraputic. I feel very calm and relaxed. Hahahaha! I've seen the benefit of this stupid racing style I have to do! But I'm sure they'd be happy even if I employ my own racing style, I just have to be violent and dominate everything!"

1...yeah, no. I'd rather not translate that. Sara would know what it means, though... that is, if I've translated it right. Not pretty, is it? I'd get murdered if I said that to my own mother XD
    Last edited by Ace3000; 17th September 2015 at 09:57 AM.

PSN ID
    Marysh24

Default Part 78.1: Omen

Well yea, for now I am back too for a little part, in the wait for something new x)
    Enjoy, I guess XD

In a time between July and August, 2210

Düsseldorf, German Empire

It was a very good idea to went at Jennter Enterprise, she found there another place to be in peace, even if it is a capital with its unceasing vitality, and to consider a second home. As guest of honor, she was allowed to remain in the capital for around the necessary time she’ll be eventually able to find Ramaela, or back simply at Panarea in case.
    Sure, for her was very hard to adapt in this land: she still forgets to get her own "Hausschuhe" and how to dress “normcore”, lefting her in really awkward situations between others and, hoping not, the few von Boviers she met. Just in one thing she’s kind of well-watched, she’s graduated in something, and her speeches, even if they're in a conk out English tone, are really capturing for the others, as first it was demonstrated towards the nobleman Nico.

But apart that, she got the brilliant idea to take a taxi to wander around the best public places around Düsseldorf. She got first a map of the town as she looked at the slim screen of the tablet the various places around the zone.

Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus, Deutsche Oper am Rhein, Tonhalle Düsseldorf, NRW Forum Wirtschaft und Kultur...Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen?”
    She mutters in the public AG-craft.
    “Oh! There’s even a Goethe-Museum! Very interesting!”

She remains to look between the screen of the map and the glass of the car, admiring the peaceful view before she get some courage to speak at the driver.
    “Uhm, where I may go to visit a good museum here?”

The driver chuckled quitely.
    “O’ lady, not a single day is sufficient to tell you the best places you’re looking for, but I can tip you to visit the last place you said.”

“Kunstsammlung?”

He muttered a yes, keeping the focus on the road.
    “Exactly, the Kunstsammlung has more than 10,000 m² of exhibition surface at its disposal. The artists range are, so, very wide, m’lady.”

The woman smiles widely to hear that, and eager she said at him. “Well, what to say, bring me there, please!”

Cutted in two, this museum is between the modern art of illustrious artists of the XX, XXI and XXII, from painters and sculpturists, and the very modern arts of the XXIII century.
    She visited both the K20 and 21, wandering in full stupor her gaze between the modern arts of various artists of their times and the 300 years old paintings of the Impressionists, artists she loves dearly. In those zones she remained mostly of her time, caring lesser of the rest. A full dive in a past she always wishes to live.

She was even able to see some works of Klee there. Some citations hovers around the white walls there.
    She reads them out lowly, trying to get what is written in.

-Kunst gibt nicht das Sichtbare wieder, sondern macht sichtbar.

-Diesseitig bin ich gar nicht fassbar. Denn ich wohne grad so gut bei den Toten, wie bei den Ungeborenen. Etwas näher dem Herzen der Schöpfung als üblich. Und noch lange nicht nahe genug.

*I will ask later to Lord Nico, they sound interesting somehow…*

Just one was written in English, striking her in the deep since the time she’s living, sadly, in.

-The more horrifying this world becomes, the more art becomes abstract; while a world at peace produces realistic art.

She did a photo at all the hologram scripts, to meditate about later when she'll back in her temporary home nearby Jennter.

Between 2 and 3 of August, 2210

Selene woke up in a cold coat of sweat after she heard the sound of a loud bang in her ears.
    Gasping, she was looking to find the switch of the beside table lantern, trembling for the shock of the minute before and now for the sudden darkness around her.
    When the soft light back in her eyes and room, she leaves away the shock, realizing that the loud sound was made by her book and the tarot deck, both fell off from the little furniture, all the 78 handmade cards were scattered around the floor for her only annoyance almost.

"Uff, never sleep close with heavy stuffs." She muttered in a quite huff as she leaved gentle the blankets off to stands up and picked up the objects.
    All the cards were flipped randomly, but just two took her fully attention as she picked both first.
    The Death was nearby The Emperor, the first Reversed, in an act like it was going to decapitate him too.

"Could that means..."

She frowns, shutting the voices in her head and her intuitions about this, while clumsly picking up the rest. Ordered all on the beside table very lazily, she hopes nothing will fall again. Layed on the bed again, she turns to a side and switched off the light. She wanted to sleep again, but those two cards were still a big question mark in her head.
    "Ah, who cares, too fuzzy now to focus on something more logic." She monologued sleeply to herself in the bedroom, she will care in the morning to organize her stuffs and the meanings of this little casuality.

3rd August 2210

She heard all from the half closed doors of his office, widening her soon tearful eyes in shock for the gunshot. She gets in the office, pushed by a strong inner force to check the situation. She arrived just in time to see the black screen and the reflection of both on it. She turns and humbly bowed at him, but keeping the gaze up to him.

*Was that the meaning of the Cards? A girl dead?
    No, impossible, that was a female, they were referring to a male, I felt...*

"Lord Nico, what happened? What's going on, too?"
    Last edited by Saramica12; 10th October 2015 at 10:33 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

-Kunst gibt nicht das Sichtbare wieder, sondern macht sichtbar.
    "Art doesn't shows the visable, but makes visable."

-Diesseitig bin ich gar nicht fassbar. Denn ich wohne grad so gut bei den Toten, wie bei den Ungeborenen. Etwas näher dem Herzen der Schöpfung als üblich. Und noch lange nicht nahe genug.
    Sounds a lot like Goethe xD
    "Therefore I'm not grabable. Because I live right now so well with the dead, as with the unborn. A bit closer the heart of the creation than usual. And by far not close enough."

Great part, shows well what is going on beside the war and racing! ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 79: Linkage

[part removed]
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Forgot title xP

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 80: Bloodlust

[part removed]
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 09:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default FTA: Curse of the Devil | Part (0xFFF)

Critical Error retrieving log number.
    >log: 22160924

Tuesday, September 24th, 2216

Yokohama, Japan

12:00:06

"Hey, you free?" Came Nico's voice from the phone, "It's finished, are you in Japan?"

"Yeah?"

"Come down to the new road course, PHM Kōdō kōsu, you can see it and try it out!"

"Wait, you're at PHMX? I'm here too, I'm just checking it out, where are you?"

"I'm at the pits."

"Great, I'll be there in a bit."

Not one minute later, a sleek black hypercar drifted into view, racing the opposite way up the course. It entered the pits at breakneck speed, before its driver applied the car's custom airbrakes, slowing down quite vigorously and violently. The engine cut out and the driver side door swung open as a tall man got out. He wore an all black suit with no tie, an unzipped hoodie which, apart from the hood part, was obscured by a long black overcoat and a pair of opaque black visor-sunglasses which were custom-made, moulded to fit his face.

"Brandon? What the hell?! It's over, why are you still wearing those black clothes?!"

Brandon took off his sunglasses in one smooth manoeuver, and grinned widely. "Heh, I did promise that I'd never wear all this again, didn't I? [sigh], I don't know, I just like the design of it too much! So, I continue to wear it, on occasion. Sometimes I just feel like it, sometimes I wear it to conceal my identity, it depends. It... also keeps as a constant reminder of that dark age, not that I'd forget something so horrible. In any case, how are you?"

"I'm very fine, thank you!"

Brandon looked past Nico at a truck trailer adorned with Jennter logos and imagery, and painted white and orange.

"Is it in there?" He said excitedly, his eyes gleaming.

"Straight to the point, I see! I can tell how excited you are to see it, to experience it. Very well."

<ready to roll! | hiroshi okubo_>

Nico opened the trailer's doors, revealing the compartment was split in two sections horizontally. The section at the top was covered by a ramp that was folded up. He activated an automatic mechanism that moved the bottom part of the section out, the ramp folding down as it did so. When the section was completely out, it moved down to the bottom of the trailer, ready to move the contents out.

The contents of the trailer were the one thing Brandon was most looking forward to from Jennter, and was the only part of the deal made with Jennter that had nothing to do with the F12000.

"I-it's... beautiful" He managed to blurt out.

What they were looking at was a highly modified race-spec version of Angelus' sports compact, the Neko. Painted in Jennter's standard white and orange livery, the only other parts of the livery were Jennter's logo and the number 15 on the sides.

"This is it, Brandon. This is the Jennter Tuning Works Neko."

Brandon suddenly got a massive chill down his spine, and shivered noticeably.

"What's wrong?" Nico asked.

"Nothing, just... I can sense that this is a dangerous, powerful monster of a machine... I must try it!"

"Of course you can try it, it's why I called you out here in the first place!"

Nico reached into his pocket and pulled out a key, which he tossed to Brandon.

"Woah!" He caught it barely.

When they entered the car, Nico pointed to a series of switches in the center console, explaining the procedure for starting the car, which involved flipping a series of switches in a particular order. Brandon did as he was instructed, and then slammed his finger down on a red button. The engine made a low whirring noise, then emitted a loud, powerful roar.

"Th-that sounds nothing like the C16A, but it does still sound like an inline-4." Brandon muttered.

"We did change a lot of the parts when tuning that engine up, but we still wanted it to be that particular engine." Nico explained.

"Alright, well let's do this!" Brandon announced, setting the car into reverse and backing out. He held the brake down, set the sequential gearbox to Drive, and built up the revs to 9000.

<motor species | tetsukanzu nakanishi_>

As soon as he let go of the brake however, the car shot forward like nothing Brandon had ever experienced. he was right, the JTW Neko was a powerful monster.

"UGH! Th-this is powerful indeed. How far did you tune it?!"

"Heh... we were able to bring it up to 605hp"

"605?! From an engine that originally had 167... that's impressive!"

"That's Jennter engineering for you!"

Brandon had shifted into 6th gear in no time, but there seemed to be a problem.

"Eugh, this gearing, it's all wrong, it's too short." He said.

"Too short? Hmm, I should have mentioned, that sequential gearbox is a 9-speed."

"9 speed?! I thought it was a more traditional 6!" He exclaimed, flicking the upshift paddle engaging 7th gear.

Brandon entered the first corner with his usual gusto, but found the car's handling to be quite odd, which caused him to, for the first time since a year or two ago, grab the wheel with two hands.

"Aaahh! Rear stabilisers only, help! I'm too used to my hypercar, which has 4 active stabilisers. Hey, don't laugh! You made me hold the wheel with two hands, even though I'm completely used to my one handed style."

"One handed?"

"Yeah, it gives me full control of the manual shifter and other controls in my car, but I got used to it before I got it. Anyway, I think it will take me a while until I have her under control."

Brandon ran the course at a slower speed than he would usually run at, to leave room for error. He also continued to use both hands to steer for another few corners, before dropping back to his usual single handed approach, greatly reducing the angle of his drifts, which in turn increased his speed.

"Wow, this is great! You're really doing this car justice!"

"No... I'm not, I still don't have complete control. This car's handling is so twitchy, I can barely use its power properly!"

A few laps later at mostly the same speed, with occasional moments at full speed, Brandon was nearing the finish line.

"Right, I'm ready to do a full lap at full speed. This will be me doing the car justice!"