Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Angels

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Yeah that's fine, it doesn't affect my plot significantly so I'm able to make the changes for that if need be.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Awesome.

I probably said it already, but I'm just waiting until I have written out all of Part 14 (a multi-parter) before I post it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Now I'm curious about "that thing"

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

heheheh... soon... >:D
    Last edited by Ace3000; 14th November 2014 at 03:38 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Berlin Design Racing

Berlin Design Racing

Established: 2210
    Theme: *Added Later*
    Key People:
    • Freddy Jörgund (Founder) [2210]
    • Marcim Jakonitsch (Co-Founder) [2210]
    • Layla Dedim (PR) [2210]
    • Griffin Farin (Chief-Designer) [2210]

Berlin Design Racing is a Swedish Anti-Gravity Racing Team that will join the F12000 in 2212.
    No big backstory is behind this team, rather a bunch of exentric people that ant to enjoy the crowds.
    The ending "Racing" in the teams name was critizised since the real seriousness and interest in racing is not clear.

First Pilot:
    Name: Gerrid Le Dessin
    Number: 55
    Nationality: French
    Short Name: LDE
    Height: 1.78m
    Weight: 67kg
    DoB: 12th May 2185 (27, as of 2212)

Gerrid Le Dessin is the Number 1 pilot of Berlin Design.
    Prior to 2210 he was a self-employed artist and wanted to make his hometown Brussles more colorfull.
    Although he usually appears friendly and open-minded, he can be very arrogant.

Second Pilot:
    Name: Lena Danin
    Number: 67
    Nationality: Swedish
    Short Name: DAN
    Height: 1.65m
    Weight: 52kg
    DoB: 30th May 2187 (25, as of 2212)

Lena Danin also used to be a self-employed artist, but her new interest was the FX400 as she discovered "the artistic beauty of racing".
    Unlike others at Berlin Design her seriousness with the racing project was confirmed by her success in the Swedish FJ300.

Trivia
    • Although Berlin Design is very artistic and wants to entertain the spectators, their recent prototype is very fast.
    • Also some of the Key People appear arrogant.
    • The name "Berlin Design Racing" is a referrence to a team in the original ToCA Race Driver, starting in the "American All-Stars Series": "Berlin Signs and Tags"

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Oh, hey a new team, that'd keep things fresh!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 32: The Man Machine

[part removed]
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Slow connection + trigger happy index finger = weird kind of double post LEL

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 14.1

It's finally complete! I've condensed 2 years into 6 parts. Oh boy.

The referenced album title of Part 13.0 was No More Sleep by Cosmic Gate.

This may be a bit of a boring part, but it just condenses the near 2 year gap between the start of Angelus' F12000 development, March 10th, 2210 and the start of the inaugural F12000 race on Saturday, February 1st, 2212.

[s2_6.1: Part 14.1] 23 Months <01: 22100311-22100326 />

<alt-title="For Her Safety" />

>>Welcome to the Angelus R&D Terminal. Please enter a command.
    ARD_TERMINAL>:
    >>logging in
    <//enter_username>>: angel07_
    <//enter_password>>: *********************_

>>logging in... complete
    >>loading... complete

>>Welcome, Brandon. Please enter a command.
    ARD_TERMINAL>:
    open docs[22100311|22120131]
    >>loading document files: <22100311> to <22120131>
    >>load: complete_
    >>opening [1/6]_

>>log_01: 22100315_

Thursday, March 15th, 2210

Angelus R&D HQ, Perth, Australia

09:29:38

"Brandon, what's up? Why aren't you talking to me?" Tarah asked timidly, worried about Brandon.

It took a while for Brandon to respond, but, he finally did so with: "... [sigh]... Stay away from me."

"...What? Wh-... WHY?!" she exploded, with tears in her eyes. "Do you hate me? What did I do? I'm sorry! I really am s-"

"Stop. This has nothing to do with you. It has to do with despair." Brandon looked around the office, then, "You know what? I do not want to discuss this here, meet me in my office." he added, walking away immediately after, not waiting for her.

As soon as she closed the door, Brandon spoke up again.

"I don't want this as much as you do, but it's for your own safety."

"What the hell do you mean, for my own safety?!" She was quite angry.

"Do you remember Sarah Fillick? Girlfriend of David Mendel? She was murdered, in cold blood, by Falon. Well guess what? He's now coming here, to Angelus. You, Tarah, are his number one target, and for the exact same reason he attacked Sarah."

"The same reason? And just what reason is that?"

"Despair. It all has to do with despair. Specifically, MY despair. We have grown close, too close. Falon intends to use that to his advantage by causing harm to come to you, just as he did with David and Sarah. Ergo, we cannot be seen together in public anymore. it is for this reason that as long as the F12000 exists, I will never give them the luxury of a smile."

"Oh... Wh-What about in private? Can we see each other then?"

"Maybe we can be together then. Maybe. I don't know. I just know that I do NOT want you hurt, or worse, dead."

"[sigh], okay, fine. I'm gonna take the rest of this day off." She said sadly, walking out.

<!--end log-->
    >>log_02: 22100321_

[REDACTED]

<!--end log-->
    >>log_03: 22100326_

Monday, March 26th, 2210

08:02:11

"People, I have some news to tell you" Brandon said, starting off the day.

"Is it good or bad news?" An employee asked.

"It's neither, it's just some news. In any case... let's begin. Our beloved lead pilot, Tarah Andrews, has resigned from the team. She wanted to move on to 'bigger and better things'. Heh, as if we aren't big enough already, all of Australia loves us... well, except for those bogan Triakis lovers... ahem!

"Now, I have got some candidates for Tarah's replacement, the next Angelus pilot, and I will be able to make a decision before they are needed for practice... and the registration for the pilots."

"Wait, why can't Alex fly?"

"Because I do not want to" Alex spoke up, "I feel much more at home flying with Crinale and, furthermore, I do not want to become synonymous with the team, I just want to help behind the scenes."

"Well, I hope she answered that for you. In any case, our new pilot will be decided at about April."

"What about me?" Gareth asked, "Would I still be the second pilot?"

"Ah, that is the main reason why I did not say that our new pilot will be the lead pilot. I know Tarah was very good, but you were very close behind her. Who knows, maybe you'll be better, maybe you'll be lead!"

"Okay. It doesn't matter anyway, I don't care if I'm lead or second, just as long as I get to race for this team."

"And that's why you do! Now, if everyone's done, let's get to work."

<!--end log-->

If it seems I've mentioned despair a lot in that part, I apologise. I've just been really getting into Danganronpa, haha!

In any case, as soon as I'm done with school, I shall upload each one of the 5 remaining parts per day.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 23rd November 2014 at 09:35 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I'm still working on fiinishing all my schoolwork, but I took a small break to give you the new Omega Harbour, updated for the F12000!

1_OH-Short.png Short Course
    2_OH-Medium.png Medium Course
    3_OH-Long.png Long Course

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 14.2

IT'S HAPPENING. One post a day until 14.6, where Part 15 will be up the next Friday after 14.6's upload.

[s2_6.2: Part 14.2] 23 Months <02: 22100413-22100510 />

<alt-title="Enter: 'Project X5'" />

>>opening [2/6]_

>>log_04: 22100413_

Friday, April 13th, 2210

12:32:48

The intimidating shot of 'Viktor Antonov', complete with black helmet, filled the screen, as he began to speak in his usual thick Russian accent.

"Welcome to Friday 13th. We are Crinale. We... have already won.

Following involuntary termination of Alexandra Kotova, we decided to make crucial changes to company. First, our location has changed. So if you AGRC bastards think you've found us in Liverpool, nice try, but you are way too late. Secondly, we are glad to welcome Leon Turner and Lucia Scarlatti to roster of AG racing pilots. They have passed strict tests and have more than proved they can race, as well as demolishing anything that stands in way of them.

"Lastly, we have changed our name. We are Crinale Technologies, Inc. no more. We... are Crinale International. We... have already won. Бой против силы тяжести! Fight Against Gravity!"

"Hey, Smithy, I heard they launched a space station. Is that true?" Gareth spoke once the live telecast was over.

"Hmm, well I don't know, but I can say that most rumours come from some truth or another. Also, knowing Crinale, I wouldn't put it past them." Brandon replied.

"Okay. Also, regarding Tarah, I hope she didn't quit cause you guys fell out with one another."

"No, she made that very clear that it had nothing to do with our relationship."

"Phew, thanks for that. Oh, one more thing, if I may?" Gareth remembered something he wanted to ask Brandon.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Our new pilot, erm... Kyoko, was it? Anyway, I never see her around, what's up with that?"

"Kyoko Fujisaki, yes. Apparently, she calls it being 'efficient'. Basically, she will not say or do anything unless it is absolutely necessary. However, according to her, that makes her a better pilot, by not focusing on 'irrelevant' things. Oh, speaking of, let's get back to work, we're tight on schedule."

Brandon then said, while looking at the checklist of the project, "At this moment, we're working on... on... oh. NICHT!"

"What?" Gareth said, wondering why Brandon just started yelling in German.

Brandon just looked at him "...You're right... that's not even correct German*."

"Th-that's not my point. You just started yelling in German, why?"

"I don't know, I just felt like it. The reason why I yelled, however, is because I completely screwed up. I overlooked something. Let's go, we don't have a moment to lose."

<!--end log-->
    >>log_05: 22100510_

<logs/04-x5/22100510.log>
    >>STATUS UPDATE: Month 02
    >>DOWNLOADING FROM X5 SYSTEMS... complete.

PROJECT X5 STATUS: 18.42% complete
    >>DETAILLED LOG:

BODY:
    >AX2-037: 67% complete
    ENGINE:
    >AGR:Xff Type 3164: 0% -> disallowed
    >AGR:Xff Type 3165: 12% complete
    THRUST:
    >M62 Overdriver: 0% complete
    WEAPONS:
    >Peacemaker Special: 0% -> disallowed
    >Peacemaker Type92_wx: 1% complete
    SHIELD:
    >E02.s: 11% complete
    BRAKES:
    >HyperForce Z3: 0% complete
    STEERING:
    >M-jx3r: 0% complete
    ELECTRONICS/SOFTWARE:
    >CV2 Motherboard: 50% complete
    >AROS v3.1 build 1879->"F12000": 50% complete [CURRENT MAX: 80% due to crucial system-controlled components incomplete]
    >Other hardware components: 9% complete
    OTHER SYSTEMS:
    >agcs-11037 [Anti-Gravity Stabiliser]: 21% complete

<!--end log-->
    >>log_06: 22100517_

Thursday, May 17th, 2210

10:30:09

A new team is to compete in the F12000. Berlin Design Racing, a Swedish team, say they are going to compete to "give enjoyment to the fans and spectators of the sport". Development has started on their F12000 craft, which has been reported to be "very artistic" in design.

<!--end log-->

*Jonny can attest to that. If my German is correct(*cough*googletranslate*cough*), Brandon yelled "Not", which is indeed incorrect German.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

EDIT: Now I got it, he missed the "-s"
    Last edited by Jonny; 27th November 2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Foking German Grammar ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 14.3

Oh yeah that's right I forgot I'm uploading these every day lol.

Now, Crinale owned Omega Harbour through their front company RidgeTech, so was it them that updated the track to F12000 spec? Well...

[s2_6.3: Part 14.3] 23 Months <03: 22100608-22101217 />

<alt-title="Researching Development and Developing Research" />

>>opening [3/6]_

>>log_06: 22100608_

Friday, June 8th, 2210

08:38:56

Professional AG racing team Angelus Research & Development have successfully bought out the deeds to Omega Harbour, for AUD9,418,639.14. After the creators of the 12.5 kilometre Australian circuit, the RidgeTech Corporation, were forced to shut down by their parent company, Crinale International, the bids opened up to see who would be the new owners of the course, with Angelus coming out on top.

"YAAAAAY! We now own Omega Harbour! Now, it is up to us to maintain and upgrade the track to F12000 specifications. But that's ok. We have people who can work on that while we work on Project X5."

"よし!私はいつも「オメガ·ハーバー」を体験したいと思っていた。私はそれについて多くのことを聞いた !"
    (Yoshi! Watashi wa itsumo `omega· hābā' o taiken shitai to omotte ita. Watashi wa sore ni tsuite ōku no koto o kiita!)
    [tr: Alright! I've always wanted to experience 'Omega Harbour'. I've heard a lot about it!]

A female voice spoke out. It was slightly computerised, and had spoken in Japanese.

"Wha-?" Brandon spun around after hearing the voice, and saw Kyoko Fujisaki standing behind him. "K-Kyoko? U-um, can you understand English?"

"はい。"
    (Hai.)
    [tr: Yes.]

She nodded when she said that.

"Great, cause we absolutely suck at Japanese, sorry. Do you mind if you speak in English?"

"え?私が英語で話していたと思った...ああ、ちょっと待って。"
    (E? Watashi ga eigo de hanashite ita to omotta... Ā, chottomatte.)
    [tr: Huh? I thought I was speaking in English... oh, wait a moment.]

Suddenly, Kyoko's helmet lit up for a few seconds, then...

"Sorry about that, I guess the translator turned off. What I said was that I had always wanted to experience Omega Harbour." The same computerised voice spoke, this time in English.

"Well, you will do soon enough. Wait... why are you here? You never come here."

"Hah, I come here more often than you think. You just caught me. I am here for the very same reason I always come here: To use the simulator. I need the practice. Personally, if I had one of those things in my house, I would not have the need to waste time to travel here. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd rather not waste any more time conversing, I need to practice." After that, she turned and walked off to the simulator.

"Well then... I think that was a conversation, and you all got to meet Kyoko in... well, more or less in the flesh."

"She is more like an android than anything." Alex muttered. "She must be a top-tier racer. Are you sure she is human?"

"I... don't know, I assume she is, but honestly, who knows?"

<!--end log-->
    >>log_07: 22100910_

Omega Harbour F12k upgrade status: 43% complete.

<logs/04-x5/22100910.log>
    >>STATUS UPDATE: Month 06
    >>DOWNLOADING FROM X5 SYSTEMS... complete.

PROJECT X5 STATUS: 53.58% complete
    >>DETAILLED LOG:

BODY:
    >AX2-037: 92% complete
    ENGINE:
    >AGR:Xff Type 3164: 0% -> disallowed
    >AGR:Xff Type 3165: 51% complete
    THRUST:
    >M62 Overdriver: 29% complete
    WEAPONS:
    >Peacemaker Special: 0% -> disallowed
    >Peacemaker Type92_wx: 31% complete
    SHIELD:
    >E02.s: 41% complete
    BRAKES:
    >HyperForce Z3: 45% complete
    STEERING:
    >M-jx3r: 38% complete
    ELECTRONICS [HARDWARE/SOFTWARE]:
    >CV2 Motherboard: 100% complete
    >AROS v3.1 build 1879->"F12000": 80% complete [CURRENT MAX: 80% due to crucial system-controlled components incomplete]
    >Other hardware components: 33% complete
    OTHER SYSTEMS:
    >agcs-11037 [Anti-Gravity Stabiliser]: 67% complete
    >ge22B [REDACTED] Super Weapon: 36% complete

<!--end log-->
    >>log_08: 22101217_

Monday, December 17th, 2210

19:49:26

"To the 'great' Brandon Smith,

Have you forgotten me? Say hi to Tarah and the team for me.

HAHAHA

FD."

"So... it begins..."

<!--end log-->

...No, they didn't update Omega Harbour, it was Angelus.

Speaking of tracks, where do you want the first race of the F12000 in 2212 to take place at?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

FD?
    My mind is rotarying XD

About sucking with languages, Brandon already proved that before

First track: Altima VIII ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Altima... Eight?! You know what? That's not a bad idea, I mean, the course roster was changed for the F12000, so why not?

Also, that FD was just a coincidence. They're a certain someone's initials. You'll find out who exactly... right now, in fact!

[s2_6.4: Part 14.4] 23 Months <04: 22101224 />

<alt-title="Boss Fight!" />

>>opening [4/6]_

>>log_09: 22101224_

Monday, December 24th, 2210

19:25:34

WARNING:>> Emergency code <GH8 CF> in effect. Repeat, Emergency code <GH8 CF> in effect.

At the sound of the warning, everyone scattered, seemingly evacuating from the building. Well, almost everyone. Brandon walked over to the main hall, at which point the power went out.

[click]... "Hi!" Came a voice after the clicking of a gun.

"Ah, so nice of you to visit... Falon." Bandon replied.

"Aw, you DO remember me! So, to business... where is your dear... girlfriend, Tarah?"

"Gone. She is no longer here. You're not the only one who has been busy... ok, I can't do this anymore. Can I please turn around? I'd rather not speak to a wall."

"Are you crazy? 'Course you can! This isn't a murder-mystery-thriller... thing. You know who I am. So go ahead, face me. I have no intention of killing you... heh... yet. BUTBEFOREYOUDO!" He then said extremely quickly, "Do so veeerry slowly. I won't rule out the possibility that you may have a trick up your sleeve."

"Ok, so now what? You aren't just gonna kill me, are you?"

"Pfft, NO! I'm here to cause you emotional pain! How fun!"

"Of course. My despair." Brandon mumbled.

"Huh? Despair? Wait... I... actually like the sound of that! DESPAIR! HAHAHAHA-in any case," He quickly stopped laughing, "I know that you've been busy, ditching poor, innocent Tarah like that, oh. If only there were some people around to help me cause despair."

BANG!

Without looking, Falon aimed left and shot... at nothing.

"This is not a 'murder-mystery-thriller thing', there are no Angelus employees there." Brandon used Falon's words against him

"Angelus... so there's some AGRC employees?" Falon queried.

"Do you know what happened to them? There is no way I'd side with them now-" Brandon tried to explain.

"THAT'S IT! HAHAHAHA! You! You're getting it on with Lexy Kotova!" he yelled, cutting Brandon off. He then called her out, "Oh, Lexy! You can come out now! Lexy? Alexandra? KOTOVA! COME OUT NOW!"

"You're insane. I told you already... there is no-one here. Not even me."

"You wha-?" Falon had faced away from Brandon to look for Alex, in which time Brandon took the opportunity to disappear from Falon's view, using the darkness to his advantage.

"HEY! That's cheating!"

Falon then ran in a random direction, which caused Brandon to start playing games with him. "Oh, you're going that way... fair enough."

"WHERE ARE YOU?! SHOW YOURSELF!" Falon was clearly getting agitated.

"Ok, fine. Take a left. Now a right. Another right. Left here. See that door that says 'Prototype Development'? Go in there."

When he did, He found something that shocked him.

"You come in here, TO MY BUSINESS, and threaten me that you will cause my despair[?! HAH, not today! Merry Christmas!"

Brandon then threw down the switch of the prototype device, an unfinished build of Angelus' F12000 Super-Weapon, causing it to glow bright blue. The railgun then fired a energy pulse at an extremely high speed directly at Falon. He never stood a chance, flying across the building due to the momentum of the pulse.

Then the lights turned on. As Brandon walked calmly to where the body landed, the employees came out of their hiding places. Brandon then looked down at the corpse of Falon Dare...

...and kicked his head. Hard.

"Threat neutralized." He growled, then turned to the rest of the team, "it's over, you can all leave now. Merry Christmas to you guys."

All but one particular individual left, instead they sat down next to him. "He's finally dead. No more threats. You can come out of your proper hiding now." He told her.

Kyoko Fujisaki then made a weird noise, then took off her helmet...

[REDACTED]
    <!--end log-->
    Last edited by Ace3000; 29th November 2014 at 06:50 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

FD has a initial F and a initial D...

1. Falon can't be dead, it would be to easy.
    2. The last thing is to obvious.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

1. Nah, he's dead. Angelus' Super-Weapon has been designed to not cause damage to other ships, but people are different.
    2. What thing at the end? That thing with Kyoko?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Was the weapon just a pulse or was he Natsha Belmondo-ed?

And Kyoko is either Alexandra or Tarah, my thought.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I should explain what exactly Angelus' Super Weapon is, and I'll also update to site to reflect it. That's what those redactions and errors were on the KA-AX2.0 page.

Angelus were also required to develop a Super Weapon for the new league. Development started on a Railgun [ge22B EMP Railgun] that fired an extremely high speed charged energy pulse. This energy pulse, upon impact with any craft, would short out any and all electronic systems for a short period of time. This weapon abides to Angelus' ideals, as it causes no direct damage, any damage occurred will be due to the craft hitting a wall or any other craft as it drifts uncontrollably.

In other words, he just got a fatal electric shock... and impact from a high-momentum object. So he wasn't 'Natsha Belmondo-ed'

As for Kyoko Fujisaki... she's really [REDACTED]. However, she will officially race as Kyoko in the F12000.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 12th February 2015 at 04:36 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 33: -

[part removed lmao]
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 08:06 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 34: Mother- and Fatherland

[nukes removed]
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 08:06 PM.