Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Angels

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 12.2

Screw this, I can't wait any longer.

The referenced album title of Part 12.1 was Nihil by KMFDM.

And this is why the title for Part 12 is weird. I'm still sorry.

[s2_4.2: Part 12.X] <EVERYTHING//CHANGES>

<02attak_/>
    <22100302>

Friday, March 2nd, 2210

Orcus, Alaska, USA

19:21:44

"What the hell do you mean, you are 'going to race'?!" Gelorum yelled, "I thought that it was I who was going to race tonight!"

"Oh, Gelorum, If only you really knew who you were messing with, and the consequences you'd face if you messed with them, we would not be having this... lovely conversation." Viktor said calmly, unfazed by Gelorum's rage. "Now if you don't mind, I have to race, and there is nothing you can do to stop me."

"If you lose, if you f**king lose to Angelus, you will be fired on the spot. DO YOU F**KING HEAR ME?!"

"I will not lose. It will be impossible for me to." He said simply and coldly, walking off to the grid, where the aggressive looking Prototype craft of Crinale sat.

Many changes were made to the Apollyon since its conception in 2209. Most of the changes were made in order for it to comply with the Prototype class' restrictions. The craft now contained two large jet thrusters as its main form of propulsion, but something was off about them. The ends of the thrusters were now extended, with what looked like thruster nozzles, which adjusted the diameter of the exhaust outlet, increasing thrust.

<juke joint jezebel | kmfdm_>

Viktor stepped into the craft, and started it up. A low whirring sound grew louder and more high pitched, until finally it sounded more like the other crafts. Then the countdown started.

3, 2, 1... GO!

<19:30:00_>
    <orcus: black run_>
    <prototype class_>
    <lap 01 of 70_>

Just as the countdown hit 1, the whine from the Crinale ship suddenly grew to a very high pitch, then took off with such a high acceleration, it equalled that of Angelus. Usually, it should've took off with low thrust. The reason why it didn't, however, was obvious: The extensions to the thrusters contracted greatly, leaving the diameter of the exhaust very small, causing a large thrust output.

Naturally, anyone who knew the components of the ship and how they operated, would've been very surprised indeed.

"What. I did not know about this. WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED ABOUT THIS?!" Gelorum exploded at the technicians

"We apologise. We... sincerely apologise. We didn't mean to keep it from you, but we were blackmailed into altering the Apollyon for him!"

"HAH! Blackmailed. How, exactly?"

"Well, the thing is... he said he'd explain to everyone in due time. That he'd 'reveal' himself. But basically, he'd said he'd kill everyone we ever loved in front of us, slowly and painfully, before doing the same to us."

"Right. In any case, it does not matter. It happened, he chose to race, and now we shall see what will transpire. Personally, I hope he loses, so he can be fired... [giggle]... permanently." She forced every syllable of the last word, and said it through gritted teeth, her eyes glowing slightly.

------------

Tarah was shocked to see the Crinale craft take off with as much force as her Xygen-R25, but she didn't think much of it. Her plan was to let the heavy craft take the first corner on the inside, then she would speed past and overtake it from the outside, setting her up for the inside of the first corner of the chicane series. However, there were three people who were observing the Crinale craft. Those three people saw the same thing, and they all exclaimed the same words.

"WHAT THE F**K?!" yelled Brandon, Tarah and Gelorum.

The Crinale Apollyon had turned as if it was an Angelus ship. The left nozzle flipped outwards, and acted as an airbrake.

"Wait, with the Crinale, I can see the turbine spinning, but the thrust doesn't seem to be working. Why's that?" Tarah asked

After much thought, Brandon gave a response, "There are two thrusters, I'm assuming they're independent of one another, ergo the inlet of one jet engine must cut out when the craft turns, but the core power unit keeps the turbine spinning. It's kinda like an anti-lag system for a jet engine."

"I see... argh, this is going to be more difficult than I thought!"

Tarah could barely keep up with the Apollyon, as it's advanced, yet experimental thrust system allowed it to handle any corner with ease.

'Hey, the turbines seem to turn with the craft, they're not static!' she thought.

After a quick, sharp turn due to the track splitting up for the white and black runs, and Tarah could show the true speed of the twin-engined angel, which was so light and fast, it had to be limited to the prototype class' top speed of 1188km/h. A jump in the track allowed Tarah to barrel roll, restoring a net 10% shielding as she passed the heavy Crinale ship. Then came a tricky part. There was a 90° bank in the track, this bank was not supported by any mag-strips at all, thus all ships would be pulled to the left of the track by gravity, however, every pilot was aware of the bank, and could navigate it with little to no trouble. Crinale solved the problem by decreasing the thrust in the right turbine by a small amount, negating the dragging but slowing the ship down.

Due to the Xygen being faster than the Apollyon, Tarah gained a significant lead over Crinale, but due to the lack of boost gain via barrel rolls, Crinale caught up via two barrel rolls: one over a gap in the track, then another one over a hill, which the speed of the previous barrel roll gave them the speed to gain more than enough air to perform the second one.

"This race is OVER!" Viktor yelled, emptying an entire load of cannon ammo into the agile white speedster. However, that was not enough to eliminate Angelus.

"Hahahaha! Try again, loser!" Tarah gloated.

"Angelus will fall by my hand! The racing world will kneel before me! And the Anti-Gravity Racing League will return to it's former glory. WATCH ME WIN! WATCH! ME! DOMINATE YOU ALL!"

"I'd like to see you try." Tarah taunted.

------------

<20:14:10_>
    <prototype class_>
    <lap 67 of 70_>
    <afterlife | desimal_>

It was nearly over, Tarah just had to endure three more laps of preventing Crinale passing her and she would be home free, one more win for Angelus. The first prototype race of the season, which was the third race of the 2210 FX400 season, and it already was a nailbiter. However, everything Angelus stood for would crumble to pieces, and everyone would lose, not just Australia's favourite team...

"Rrrrrggggghhhhh....

Get out of my WAY!"

Boom...

<contender eliminated_>

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 25: Orange Rebirth

[part removed]
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 07:58 PM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

So the Crinale apollyon is implementing thrust vectoring technology then, smart move.
    That's used in some of the most advanced jet fighters today as well, it offers great agility and thrust control. I really like that realism

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I actually doubt that a jet engine could outperform some sci-fi-nuclear-enigne-stuff.

Wait...Anti-Lag? Does it also sounds like Anti-Lag? :O

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

In one revision, yes, it did, but I had to rethink the entire thrust system, as it didn't work out.

Also, it's just the thruster that's based on a jet fighter, the engine is your standard sci-fi WipEout engine.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Regarding the official FTA website, fta.sonic-infobox.net...

Small update, the FTA website will be down for maintenance and updates. it should be back up fairly soon.

I probably know what you guys are going to say, but should I upload the final part of Part 12?
    Last edited by Ace3000; 10th October 2014 at 07:44 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Don't ask dumb questions!
    (This means yes)

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

^ what Jonny said

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 12.3

Hahahaha! I thought as much...

In the words of the original PS ad, "U R NOT E". (You will never expect something like this would happen, but it will)

The referenced album title of Part 12.2 was Attak by KMFDM.

[s2_4.3: Part 12.X] <EVERYTHING//CHANGES>

<03xtort_/>

WARNING: this part has been edited to be better in terms of story. Please view Part 12.3 >>here<<

Last edited by Ace3000; 11th October 2014 at 03:53 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 26: New Old

[part removed]
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Updated due to little plot changes

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

FWD S2 Part 4: Purity is no more

Friday, March 2nd, 2210
    Orcus, Alaska, USA

18:51:12
    Wyvern AR garage

"Ready to race team?" Shouts David
    "Lets show them all what we're capable of!"

Final preparations of the XAF-X began and routine checks were constant, Razgriz climbed into the cockpit and began checking the computer software.

"Hey Razgriz, where's Zoe?" asks David
    "Here put on this headset!" Razgriz passes a Bluetooth headset to David he then puts it on.

"Hello?"
    "Evening David Mendel"
    "Hey Zoe, why aren't you here? I asked the engineers to bring you with us".
    "I am at the Wyvern HQ, your team said it would be to much hassle to transport two craft at the same time if only the prototype would be used".
    "Yeah that's a fair point" David says in a disappointed tone of voice.
    "I am using my orbital uplinks to monitor the race as we speak, I will analyse the racing style of Razgriz so that I may evaluate my own strategies for the future races. I am also capable of analysing all the other craft and providing information to Razgriz during this race, that is with your permission David".
    "Go for it Zoe, but I would prefer if you pay close attention to Crinale this race, I feel very uneasy right now".
    "Understood David, I shall begin my analysis as soon as the contenders drive to the starting grid".
    "Thanks Zoe, I'll talk to you again in a bit".

David takes off the headset and turns his attention to Razgriz.
    "Razgriz, you be careful out there. Bring home one more win for us"
    "I will David, Lets do this!!"

19:21:44

"Preparations are complete David" exclaims an engineer
    "Excellent, get ready Razgriz for this is the moment. Lets go"

Razgriz pilots the XAF-X to the start line, he spots Angelus's new Xygen, the Crinale Apollyon and Jennter's P11122. Razgriz shrugs off the menacing look of the competition confident in his skill, then the countdown commences:

3, 2, 1... GO!

<19:30:00_>
    <prototype class_>
    <lap 01 of 70_>

Razgriz hits the throttle but caps at 792km/h, he instantly is overtaken by the other teams due to their superior top speed. Razgriz aims for all the speed pads he can hit and raises the boost charge. However he spots something odd about the Crinale Apollyon, it turned like a Feisar.

"David???"
    "I saw it Razgriz, one moment"

As Razgriz races David scrambles for the headset, after finding it on a table he whips it on instantly
    "Zoe, what is that Crinale ship?!!"
    "Analysis complete David, the Apollyon is employing an advanced Thrust Vectoring technology. The exhaust nozzles turn in the opposite direction to the ships turn for higher agility, but one engine turbine turns off but is still primed to ignite. They're independent of one another, the inlet of one jet engine cuts out when the craft turns, but the core power unit keeps the turbine spinning. This allows for super manoeuvrability while maintaining top speed."

"Got that Razgriz?!" David says is a rushed manner
    "Yeah I did, it seems that the Wyvern barriers won't be a major threat to them now. I'll continue as I am for now"

After hitting a speed pad the boost gauge was full and Razgriz hits the ignition. "Wyvern boost!" shouts the on-board computer, the XAF-X propels ahead as if a turbo was used and barrier is left which soon hits Icaras behind him. The speedometer now reads 892km/h
    Razgriz mumbles to himself "This is going to be tough".

<lap 06 of 70_>

"Wyvern boost!" Razgriz hit the speed cap of the limiter, now travelling at 1188km/h. Only 2.6 seconds behind the leading three teams Angelus, Crinale and Jennter. Despite a slow start the high handling of the XAF-X meant that with tight lines pulled off by Razgriz he could keep up. Slowly but surely he overtakes the slower Jennter craft but cautiously due to the crafts superior speed conservation through corners, they overtake Razgriz in the next corner but the XAF-X was so fast that the two teams were in battle for 3rd place.

<lap 67 of 70_>

Razgriz had finally gained a lead over Jennter, their impressive racing skills meant that no other team could keep up with the four leaders. David sits with his engineers nervous, with only three laps left he was biting his nails due to the sheer intensity. Razgriz soon performs a Wyvern boost for a turbo affect and tires to overtake Angelus. But in his approach, something happened.

REPULSOR

"WHAT?!! S**T"

A repulsor was fired from Crinale and hits all the teams, the XAF-X serves and spins taking incredible damage due to the low shields

ENERGY CRITICAL: 12%

David runs out and watches the other craft come to a halt, the Angelus Xygen crashes into a wall.

CONTENDER ELIMINATED

David rushes to his headsets and shouts "Razgriz!! report!!"
    "I'm fine David, but f**k did that just happen?"
    "Crinale used a Repulsor, they were discontinued though. I need to contact Brandon"

But then he hears a voice and figure stand on top of the Crinale Apollyon and knows who it is
    "No! CHRIS SCARBROUGH, that piece of s**t"

David only then just catches Chris's speech over the radio back in his garage and watches the events unfold.

"Exactly, that's why I raced for them. The F9000 was a grand time for the Anti-Gravity Racing League. I had the pleasure of knowing it first hand. My parents were a part of the Overtel Corporation, and it was beautiful. Too bad the damned so-called 'Anti-Gravity Purity Coalition' had to step in and ruin everything! After your band of misfits barged in and ransacked the place absolutely f**king everything up, I swore revenge! I changed my name, climbed the AGRC ranks and... well, here I am now, here to destroy the one thing that will prevent me my destiny: You, THE FINAL HEIR TO THE BELMONDO NAME!"

BOOM!

Chris had fired the CZf_12 Energy Blaster that he also had the Crinale engineers install. Natasha Belmondo never stood a chance, as the weapon was designed to instantly eliminate FX400 crafts. She was instantly vaporized, her blackened, charred ashes anticlimactically falling to the ground.

"FINALLY! I am the leader of the AGRC! I am the new leader of the FX400 and I... am the new leader of Crinale Technologies, Incorporated!" There was, however, one fatal flaw in his boast...

"Wrong, I am the leader of Crinale!" Gelorum yelled, running out onto the track.

"HAH! Not for long, Kotova!" He spat. "You see, old Tyler was right, you were too soft. Did you even see how easy it was to destroy Angelus? It's like you weren't even trying! You need to play outside the rules! However, I am much more fit for leader. So, you know what? You, Alexandra Kotova, you are fired... PERMANENTLY!" He sat in the craft, and swooped down, aiming at her. But she was quicker, and jumped sideways into the pits, where Chris could not get her.

"FINE! It matters not whether you live or die! We will take over anyway! The FX400 is dead, time to bring in a new era of Anti-Gravity racing. The F12000 will be a glorious achievement, indeed! But it is goodbye from me today. We will meet again VERY soon! HAHAHAHAHA!"

What happened next surprised everyone. The Apollyon's appearance changed. First, from underneath the craft, two wings flipped out, then at the top of the craft, two more panels flipped up, forming a V-tail. Finally, the circular AG mechanism slid shut, and the ship lurched forward at an amazing rate, firing an energy blast through the ceiling of the Orcus Centre For Catastrophe Prevention, flying out into the night.

David becomes gob-smacked, Natasha was murdered, all the ships were badly damaged and Crinale finally had control.
    David runs to Razgriz's aid and pulls him from the XAF-X, he contacts Zoe soon after
    "Zoe, did that happen?"
    "I'm sorry David, Natasha is dead, and Chris is next to be head of the AGRC. His new league cannot be out-lawed"

David looks to the wreckage of the Angelus Xygen, Razgriz walks up to him.
    "What does this mean David"
    "Purity has ended, Corruption has been reborn" answers David.

David establishes contact with Zoe one more time
    "Zoe"
    "Yes David?"
    "Prepare for Crinale in your next race. We are now at war".

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Nice copy & paste

- - - Updated - - -

Two things:
    1. What about the ECS-Cage. You can see it in Pulse (PSP version), this green stuff.
    2. Don't you think that Natasha Belmondo had (grand-)children, she is round about 80 years old.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    1. What about the ECS-Cage. You can see it in Pulse (PSP version), this green stuff.
    2. Don't you think that Natasha Belmondo had (grand-)children, she is round about 80 years old.
    1: The what? I've completed the PSP version of Pulse 100%, and I don't think I've seen something like the thing you just described.
    2: Maybe, but I'm not sure if they've gone into the AGRC. I'll need to think about that, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    "Analysis complete David, the Apollyon is employing an advanced Thrust Vectoring technology. The exhaust nozzles turn in the opposite direction to the ships turn for higher agility, but one engine turbine turns off but is still primed to ignite. They're independent of one another, the inlet of one jet engine cuts out when the craft turns, but the core power unit keeps the turbine spinning. This allows for super manoeuvrability while maintaining top speed."
    Wow, that is literally exactly what the Apollyon can do, glad you caught that!

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    "Purity has ended, Corruption has been reborn" answers David.
    I love that line!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I attached the part of the manual and two pictures I just made ingame.
    However, maybe this is only featured in the PS Vita version, but I really doubt it.
    It is usual that, using the Cannon, some projectiles fly over the track barrier (ditching the nose up helps) and collide with the ECS-Cage. Then it's highlighted green.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Ohh, that thing. I was thinking of some weapon. No, that's in the PSP version too, considering the Vita version is the PSP version.
    EDIT:Yeah, it is in the PSP version, this is from the physical PSP copy I have, from the manual
    2014-10-11-171347.jpg

Ok, how about this: Since the CZf_12 was a banned piece of weaponry due to it's sheer strength, what if it blew through the ECS Cage because it's just that powerful? Or maybe because he was an employee of the AGRC, he could have easily disabled it.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 11th October 2014 at 09:34 AM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

@ Jonny: It was 1am when I finally wrote up the part, I got a tad lazy

@Ace: Glad you liked that quote from David, it was intended to be a pun on two of the games.
    Wipeout fusion had themes of corruption where Wipeout pure had themes of.... well.... purity
    So if we're going back into to Fusion standards, corruption is back

For the Apollyon I re-worded one of Brandon's lines from your part, I did a bit of copy and paste.

*senses judgemental stares* I was tired though lol
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 11th October 2014 at 09:57 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Since Victor- äh...Chris is a member if the AGRC that part that someone disabled it seems legit.

The circumstances, how it came to the F12000 are...not so good. I like that it's like the F9000, but it's existance seems...not right.
    I mean after this stunt (vaporising Natasha Belmondo) in public, probably streamed worldwide, on Mars, the Moon and Novon, does he really thinks that any big company would spend millions to be associoated with this league?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I could find a way around that plothole, and try to cover both that and the ECS point in a later part.

It could have something to do with the fact that Chris is a part of the AGRC, like he could have been planning it for a long time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Yeah, I mean he is the new head of the sport, directing everything and so on.
    Maybe the thing should have happened in secret (poison ?).

I'm not against the new league, actually I'll play Fusion again because of this ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

By the fact that Chris is part of the AGRC, I mean that he could've stopped the telecast of that race, before racing back to kill Natasha. Or he did it after everyone but Angelus and the AGRC left.

I don't know, I will think of something.

I'll also be recieving Fusion in a few days, so I will definitely be playing that too!