Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Angels

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Sorry I've had quite the weekend, Avalon, girlfriend, unexpected things happening and now I have coursework coming up. Dreading Friday now but I'm okay with the track.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

That's fine, I understand. If you can't make your 'deadline' on Friday, there's always next week!

I'm also kinda thinking of skipping this Friday, only because I want to get a couple parts of Part 12 done. I have lots of ideas for it, but I want to write the part out and make sure everything ties in neatly and cleanly.

Hoo boy, Part 12 is a doozy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 23: The Calm and the Storm

[part removed]
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 07:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Ah, yes, the engine blowout, similar to how the 86's engine blew up when Takumi was racing the Evo III

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Ohh, I'm going into territory no-one would expect... or even cross for that matter. Part 12 signifies the end of everything you thought was normal.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

As long as National-States still exist, otherwise I can throw all my plans away.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

The what-now? *googles national states*

Ohhh, those things. Yeah, they'll still exist.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    As long as National-States still exist, otherwise I can throw all my plans away.
    It still is. https://www.nationstates.net/

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 12.0

Well, here we go, Part 12.

The referenced album title of Part 11.0 was the Basscadet EP by Autechre.

The title for Part 12 is a bit weird. Sorry.

[s2_4.1: Part 12.X] <EVERYTHING//CHANGES>

<01nihil_/>
    <22100213>

Tuesday, February 13th, 2210

Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia

17:05:38

The events that transpired after Gareth passing out had enraged Brandon, and for good reason.

"POISONED?! ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME?!" He yelled at the doctor, kicking over a chair on his way out.

When he returned several minutes later, it was clear he used that time to calm down.

"Look, I'm sorry I yelled, I'm usually a very calm person, but... It was just an extreme shock to me."

"It's fine, I understand completely." The doctor said.

"I thought he just had a heart attack or something, he was doing a Zone race not too long before he passed out. Anyway, how long will he have to be here for?"

"We're not sure at this point, it's too early to determine."

"Fair enough, I doubt we can see him at this point in time, right?"

"Correct, it's only been a few hours. However, we will be able to contact you when you are."

"That would be great, thanks. In any case, I have nothing productive left to do here, so I shall make my leave. Once again, thank you."

"Not a problem, Brandon. You're quite famous here, being the leader of a successful racing team. You take care."

------------
    <22100226>

Monday, February 26th, 2210

Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia

12:48:50

Brandon got the call to see Gareth. At once, he raced over to the hospital

"Gareth, how are you feeling, mate?" He asked Gareth once he walked to his bed, seeing that he was up.

"Not too bad, but still not completely 100%." Gareth replied.

"Apparently, you were poisoned, any idea how that could have happened?"

"Honestly, if it was a slow-acting poison, which the doctor told me it was, then I can think of countless ways. In my food, in my drink, you name it."

"OK, maybe I should re-think the question. Do you know who it could have been?"

"No." he said firmly, "Everyone likes me, that's a fact and you know it. No-one would have the motive to poison me."

"Yeah, true."

Brandon stayed a while longer, but...

"Look, I have to go, I have a lot of stuff to do."

"I understand, the prototype race." Gareth said assuringly. "Wish Tarah luck for me, I know she's been practising a lot recently, maybe a little too much."

"I will, don't worry."

On his way out, Brandon saw a familiar face walking towards him.

"Chris? Chris Scarbrough? Hey! What are you doing here?"

"Huh? Oh, Brandon, it's you, how did I not recognise you? Ah, not important. To answer your question, I am here to see Gareth." Chris replied, initially not seeing Brandon.

"Gareth? Why Gareth? I mean, I know he's in hospital, but why are you visiting him?"

"Is it not obvious? We think the incident may have to do with Crinale."

"Cr-... Right, of course. I'll see you later." He left, quickly. He had to get back to the office.

As soon as he got back, Brandon ran to his office, then locked the door. He needed to think. Why exactly was Chris visiting Gareth? He was careful to not let the information of the incident leak. In fact, to the public, an incident did not occur at all. Not even the AGRC knew about it. So why did Chris know about it, and how did he come across that information?

'Bah, never mind,' He thought, 'Someone must not have been as careful, and the information leaked, it happens.'

He didn't want to waste time thinking about trivial things, he had to prepare for the first Prototype race...

------------
    <22100302>

Friday, March 2nd, 2210

Orcus, Alaska, USA

19:20:46

"Hi-Whaa?" Brandon was astounded when he saw what had happened...

"What do you think? I decided to change it for the very first Prototype race!" Tarah responded. She had changed her hair, instead of her hair being shoulder-length and bright red-orange, it was now very long and very cyan.

Due to the massive advancements in technology over the 2 centuries between the 21st and the 23rd, people could dye their hair in any colour without it mixing in with their current colour. another advancement was that no matter the colour, subtle or bright, the hair would always look as if the colour was natural. Tarah's bright red-orange was a natural colour, but the bright cyan colour of her hair now still looked as if she was born with bright cyan hair.

"It looks awesome, but you know who you look like? That 21st century anime Vocaloid character, Hatsune Miku. See?" He brought up an image of the character on his smartphone, showing it to Tarah.

"Hahaha! Yeah, I guess I do! That's awesome." She laughed.

"Your racing suit doesn't really help the fact, either." He said, noticing her suit, which had light strips running all around it.

"That too is true! Anyway, I think I need to get to the grid."

"Ok, but listen first:" He turned serious all of a sudden, "I want you to have fun, but I also want you to be safe. Please, promise me that."

"Brandon, you know me, I will always be safe. The race restrictions being different changes nothing at all."

"Thank you." He then kissed her, "Now go, stay safe, have fun and win for us!"

"You know I will!" She then ran off to the grid, where the bright, almost laboratory white ship lay waiting.

<juke joint jezebel | kmfdm_>

The Xygen-R25 looked different to the standard Xygen4, as it used a heavily modified chassis to cope with the mechanical changes. In standard Angelus fashion, the body still looked amazing, even though most of the design choices were for aerodynamic purposes.

As soon as she jumped in and started the ship up, azure neon light strips lit up, running around the ship like Tarah's racing suit.

The start line of the Orcus race track then started up...

3, 2, 1... GO!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Gosh this is a late part
    So happy its the weekend, this week in college has been a bad one.

Wow, Gareth was poisoned?? I'm going all Sherlock Holmes now

FWD S2 Part 3: Z.O.E

February 15th 2210

Wyvern AR HQ

"Yeah I can do that... why?.... oh that's cool, yeah I'll do that, see you then. *puts down phone* Hey Razgriz, can you report to my office please"

5 minutes later

"Hey David, what's up??"

"Iceland's AGRC commission called again, they wanted us to make a second XAF-10 as they wanted to give us a new prototype technology to test it with. How I can tell the engineers? They've been working non-stop lately and they need a break."

"I'm sure they'll understand, the XAF-X has been completed so I don't see why you shouldn't give them something to do. In fact just tell them now."

"Okay then."

David reaches for the comm unit "Attention employees, I just received a call from Iceland's AGRC commission, they want a second XAF-10 to test some new technology. Perhaps is it possible to have a new unit soon? *The engineers reach for the comm unit in the garage* Sure David, we'll start now!"
    "Thank you team, you really are the best"

"Thanks for that Razgriz, I just wanted to make sure I'm not over-working my team"

"You worry to much David, the team will always be ready to work as you give them the morale to do so."

"Thanks, I'll give them all a extra holiday soon though."

February 29th 2210

Iceland AGRC commission

David sent the new XAF-10 to Iceland's AGRC HQ several days prior to his meeting with them, David and Razgriz arrive to meet the head of the Iceland's AGRC Conner Galdo. Behind him was the race track with a large cover hiding something under it.

"Ah good morning David and Razgriz, I'm really happy you could meet me today and donate to our project."

"Your welcome Conner" says David "So what is this new tech we have heard so little about??"

"Ahhh glad you asked David, let me show you"
    "Unveil the new ship"

What was revealed was a bright Cyan blue Zone coloured XAF-10 without any sort of emblems or decals, but on the tail fins of the F-14 chassis was a acronym; Z.O.E was in a pure black colour. David and Razgriz just stared at it in wonder as to what had been constructed.

"Z.O.E??" Asks Razgriz.

"Yes Razgriz" exclaims Conner "This is Zone Of Endless or ZOE for short. Watch what it can do"

"Hello David Mendel, Conner Galdo and Razgriz Rodgers" said a computerized male voice.

David and Razgriz looked around in confusion until catching their attention on Conner's cheesy smile, they then realised.

"Nooo?!! Is it??" stutters Razgriz

"Yes, ZOE is Iceland's first AI AGRC vehicle, the first sentient racing machine we've made"

"I am pleased to meet you Wyvern AR representatives, My name is Zoe and wish to race for you guys in the upcoming championships"

David just stood there in awe, slowly walked up to the XAF and just stroked it like a cat. There was a distinct expression on his face.

"Its... its... beautiful, and he is ours Conner?"

"Yes David, Zoe is now yours to race"

"HOW DID IT KNOW MY SECOND NAME?!!!" Shouts Razgriz.

Nobody knew what was Razgriz's second name, he kept it hidden for years until Zoe told everyone what it was.

"Simple Razgriz, my data banks have searched the World Wide Web looking for evidence and traces of your second name and precisely located a copy of your birth certificate. Would you prefer I not tell people your second name?"

"No its okay Zoe, just I am amazed. Welcome to Wyvern AR Zoe."

Conner then interrupts "Uhh don't worry we haven't tampered with the XAF-10's performance, it still has the same performance ratings, Zone Fibre Glass and technology limiters installed but we added a extra feature. Zoe can precisely navigate a circuit in the fastest times possible and strategically use Turbo's for barrel rolls and weapons to slow down others. He's everything a pilot wishes to be."

"Wait, so what about me as a pilot?"

"You will race Zoe in any normal ship for the championship Razgriz, Zoe will make suggestions and actions in accordance to your racing style. Zoe will calculate all the risks for you and in life threatening scenarios, he will take control to keep you safe. You work as a team together"

David shakes Conner's hand in a eager manner "Thank you so much, Zoe will have a great time with us!"

"Your welcome David, he is all yours. Anyway I am out of time and must be going now. Good Luck Wyvern AR"

There you go, Zoe is now a member of Wyvern AR. He will race in the next non-prototype race since he isn't a XAF-X but a modified XAF-10. Hope you like him
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 4th October 2014 at 12:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

He? Zoe sounds more female
    However, to be honest, you are a bit late, Jennter already employed androids during the F9000
    Last edited by Jonny; 4th October 2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: I added ze link

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I'll edit my part in a bit since you beat me to the android part

As for the name that's what I thought, but since I didn't want to change the name from Zone Of Endless I stuck with Zoe. Bit of a name twist
    But that's like saying Alex is more of a male name, I have a female friend called Alex. So I don't care.
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 4th October 2014 at 12:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Yeah, but Alex can be short for Alexandra/Alexandria as well as Alexander, Zoe is just... Zoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    There you go, Zoe is now a member of Wyvern AR. He will race in the next non-prototype race since he isn't a XAF-X but a modified XAF-10. Hope you like him
    Hoo boy, that might be a problem. Just saying.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 4th October 2014 at 01:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Seems like Brandon wants to mess things up. Damn, just when Jennter starts building exellent ships :-/

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

>:D

No, in all seriousness, Jennter (and everyone else) will still have the need to build AG racing ships, but I don't think the Wyvern XAF-10 will be of any use after Part 12.

All will be explained very soon.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 4th October 2014 at 04:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 24: Zoning

[part removed]
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Adding title I missed 1/2 year ago

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    Hoo boy, that might be a problem. Just saying.
    How so??
    Zoe is just an AI who talks to Razgriz in the race, Zoe won't have any input on what Razgriz actually does. Just an extra character I added that I thought spice things up for me

-EDIT- Wanting to have Part 4 up tomorrow, that way I'm completely up-to-date with parts I've missed.
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 4th October 2014 at 08:41 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    I personally donĀ“t like that limiter rule for the prototypes.
    Which limiter rule, the speed limit of 1188km/h?

How so??
    Zoe is just an AI who talks to Razgriz in the race, Zoe won't have any input on what Razgriz actually does. Just an extra character I added that I thought spice things up for me
    It has nothing to do with Zoe, just the fact that it is an XAF-10.

EDIT: It's actually awesome how well Eurobeat works in Zone mode!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    It has nothing to do with Zoe, just the fact that it is an XAF-10.
    Ahh, okay so two XAF-10's is the problem? or since its an XAF-10 its affecting the FTA plot?
    Or is this a thing I'll have to wait to find out

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Ahh, okay so two XAF-10's is the problem? or since its an XAF-10 its affecting the FTA plot?
    Or is this a thing I'll have to wait to find out
    The XAF-10 does not affect the plot in any way, but due to the plot itself, the fact that it is an XAF-10 might be a problem.

In other words: "Sorry about the confusion, but you'll just have to wait to understand."

I've written this out, and even I am excited and cannot wait to upload the rest of Part 12! Maybe I'll do something about that... Maybe.