Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

[FTA|s0_00.0: Part 00.0] Coping™

<20191026>

Saturday, October 26th, 2019

A Certain Home in Perth, Australia.

As he booted up his computer, he heard an odd noise, but ultimately thought nothing of it. After all, the computer seemed to have booted up just fine.

He should have.

As soon as he logged in, he could see one sign that maybe he had not plugged everything in correctly... but it was. He tried unplugging, and plugging it back in... nothing. Opening the file explorer to look for it... again, nothing.

It had died on him, and took away something he had been working on for 4 years...

<do you | freeland_>

...I hate to do this to you all... but I have no choice. It's been a while, so I thought I should let you all know what has happened while I get my ass into gear and fix this problem I have on my hands. Unfortunately, I'm forced to put FTA on yet another hiatus, hopefully one that won't last too long. It's not that I've run out of parts to post, or that I've gotten another writer's block, no. Something far worse has happened.

...the hard drive containing everything related to FTA has failed.

I have more reasons than this fanfic that has been a part of my life these past 5 years. Half my music library, all of my videos, my pictures, some games, and even some other documents that have nothing to do with FTA was stored on there. Some few hundred gigs short of it's 2TB capacity. Now, this could be some blessing that, oh, I was slowly running out of space, maybe I should upgrade. And yeah, maybe. But this is not a good thing. Having a new 4TB drive is meaningless to me, if I don't have everything that was on that old drive.

So, how to fix it? Well, through process of elimination, I've found the answer: It's a mechanical failure. I have but one option left: I physically transport my physically broken drive to some people who will perform a data recovery service. Now, guaranteed, this isn't completely 100% guaranteed I'll be able to get everything back. But with how much stuff I've accumulated over the years on that drive, especially my music, and FTA, I will go down that path and try and get my stuff back. All that needs to happen is for me to get my ass in gear and contact them to get things rolling.

Now, I could just keep writing and posting from where I left off, except I'd rather not. See, it wasn't just the fic itself that was on that drive. Supplementary material and even two large planning sheets for each arc of Season 3 was there too. Without that, I couldn't possibly hope to continue and make it as amazing as I could with that sheet. Sure, I can memorise key plot elements, but not everything I had planned out.

Hopefully, after this, I will be posting FTA stuff again soon. If not, then the next thing I post here will be an apology, and a summation of the plot points of the rest of Season 3. But damn it, that's the last thing I want to do, it will only be out of necessity of an irrecoverable hard drive that I will be forced to succumb to that.

Once again, apologies, and thank you. Each and every one of you that has read, or even skimmed through the thread, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Here's hoping I can continue to write and post full Season 3 parts, until the very end.

Oh, and the title of that? Another album title. Cope™, by Adam Freeland.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 5th November 2019 at 02:58 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default New Jennter Racing Stories - Part 7

Arc: NJRS - #007
    Title: Mondays

Jennter Enterprises HQ, Düsseldorf, Germany
    Monday, 26th February 2215
    9:31.23

Nico entered the main production hall in a hasty manner, searching for the Lead Production Engineer of the Anti-Gravity Racing Division.
    "Hey! Why is everything quiet here?" Nico called over to the man he searched while approaching him.
    Gustav Darrendorf, a senior employee of the company who gave an almost stereotypical impression of an engineer, wearing a lab coat and safety helmet, took this rather dry "Chain of orders was to begin production of the revised parts for the new craft. But we got no data."
    "No data?" as Nico asked that several worries piled up in him "How do you mean?"
    Gustav shrugged "The Technical Director, who has been in charge of sending over the final revision, seems to have missed this deadline."
    Nico nodded nervously "I'll check this."

Bovier ran through the floors. The production halls were mostly at ground level in the north section of the headquarters, close to the hangar. His destination however, Linda's officie, has been in the thrid floor of the main section. 10 minutes to walk, three to run.
    Maybe four, if he didn't have various close calls on his way.

9:38.18

Nico rushed into Linda's office without any further warning. All he got to see was her wearing a VR headset, sitting on her chair in the middle of the room.
    She whispered various notes to herself "Reduce diametre to 27 millimetres, H7, no H6. Reduce extrusion by 5 milimetres, part used to collide with alternating load."
    Her faint voice and noteably greasy hair indicated that she has been working on this project through the whole weekend.
    "Linda?" Nico tried to make contact with her to no response.

He tapped on her shoulder, to which she twitched and spoke slightly more audible "Intruder, get out. Calibration is compromised."
    Following that she moaned for over ten second and briefly after that seemingly tipped over, off her chair. She however caught her momentum.
    For Nico it was enough, he stipped the headset off her "What do you think are you doing?"

Linda glared at him, but zoned out. A focus uninterrupted for three days and the same amount of fatigue made her collapse. Nico caught her before she would fall head-first out of the chair "Hey! Linda, are you okay?"
    She passed out.

Linda was transferred to the medical office of the company. Nico stayed for a while to make sure she was secure. After that he left and made a call to his personnel office "I checked her project documentation, Linda is trying to do everything on her own. What were you thinking by giving her this position?"
    He spent the next five minutes fending off arguments, but noticed that it was pointless at the moment anyway. Nico simply hung up and marched to the main development office next.

10:15.46

"Lerod! Where are you?" Nico yelled through the office, impatient from a way too busy Monday morning.
    He noticed a noise from a separate office "Moment!"
    Nico walked towards the origin of the noise, as Kevin Lerod appeared in front of him "Oh, Mister Bovier!"
    "How's it going?" Nico casually asked and looked around the rather silent office "Nothing, I see?"
    "We hardly had any work, as that girl took everything on her shoulders." Lerod explained.

Nico turned away to surpress an expression of his frustration, then faced his employee again "And you thought this was fine to keep up?"
    Before he could hear an answer, Nico turned away to look into an opposing office. A single person was sitting on their workstation and hammered into a keyboard.
    "May I help you?" they asked, soft and quiet, while not averting their gaze from the monitor.
    "What are you working on?" Nico simply asked. His voice shifted to curiousity, but his distress was still existent in it.
    "Editting the data of Miss Greyson." they explained "I talked with her last Friday and am not surprised to sit here now."
    Nico approached this person closer "A bet? With Linda?"

They simply nodded.

"Would you be ready to talk about a new position?"

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Final Overture

Faster Than Angels
    Jennterista Racing Chronicles
    Operation: Final Overture

The FTA project really grew in the amount of narration and ideas it amassed over time. Frankly I wasn't able to maintain my older works to keep a level of writing that was appropriate by now, furthermore a lot of holes showed up.
    I decided to cancel all my other writing projects, to solely focus on my first one, to honour the past and present. To move into the future with a feeling of accomplishment (not saying I would stop writing FTA soon).
    All older parts will be revised in order to connect all ideas I developed over this time in one refined, flowing continuity.
    Here is a list of parts that passed revision. I will mention the state of things after every new entry to NJRS.