Arc: NJRS - #009
Title: Change of Tones

Monte Carlo Nouveau, Monte Carlo, Monaco
Friday, 17th March 2215
10:34.22

"We are ready to join the track!" a technician signalled the team leadership.
"Patrick will leave first, for overall track acclimatisation. With the standard craft, this will be a tough one." Nico gave order with a wave to which the number one Jennter craft was moved out of the pit box.
"The facilities are worse than anywhere else, unbelieveable that they hold an AG race on this track in this day and age." Linda lamented, scratching her head over a piece of simulation results and setup proposals.

Said track has been a modern twist on an old Grand Prix circuit flowing through the streets of the small country at the Cote d'Azure. Once packed with pomp and glamour, it now felt like time stopped. But this began to attact an entirely different group of clientele into the city. Unlike the old track, the modern Monte Carlo Circuit floated at low altitude over the city, mimicking the grid of old European roads, just as a size practicable enough for anti-gravity racers.

"Alright, Aurora." Nico directed his attention to the second pilot of the team "Against all odds a certain pair in our team managed to complete the next evolution step of your craft."
Arkana was found with a brimming smile, which turned out to be a bit more awkward for Linda.
"Are we going to complete a race distance today?" the android asked.
"In the second session today, yes. We'll conduct the usual tests at first."

Aurora nodded and walked off towards her new JAG-F12.212/5C. Barely different from the B-type model it's internals sported several new components.
"Send craft two onto the track as soon as the pilot is ready." the team leader spoke into his headset.

Briefly later it joined the floating circuit as the same scene from the previous race repeated. A simple auxiliary AG unit carried the craft at low speeds, until it dropped the gear of the external 'AG generator ring'.
The first corner of the track has been a narrow uphill right-hand corner, which demonstrated one of the perks of this system, as the craft sharply tilted to the side and in return angled perfectly for the corner.
"It feels very drifty now, but let me get used to it, please." Aurora reported through the radio.

Jennter Enterprises HQ, Düssedorf, Germany
Saturday, 11th March 2215
20:05.52

Linda wildly drove her right hand through her hair as she navigated through ComKonWerk.
"Dammit, where is it?" she cussed at the screen while glarring at the time of day.
"Search function...plane system extrusion. No results." she uttered, followed by her first crashing onto the desk she sat on.
Arkana entered her office with no warning, knowing what situation to expect.
"This damned, outdated, unintuitive, ******, f****** piece of ****** garbage program developed by some high on sh** c***." the lead engineer kept uttering.
For a moment Arkana stood behind Linda, observing her screen. She bowed over her from behind and calmly began to take control of the program.
"Don't." Linda yelled at her "Stop."
It didn't distract her assistant "The ply strenght there is 1.394 millimetres, right?"
"No...yes." was the snappy response.
"I hope you could follow what I did." Arkana said after letting go off the control.
"Of course." Linda tossed at her "Was about to find it out myself."
"Oh really?" she questioned her superior "So I guess the ruckus was because you spilled your coffee or something, right?"
"I don't drink that garbage." Linda tried to avert.
Arkana chuckled "Hard to believe, hearing this from someone who graduated one semester earlier from the regular schedule."
"Different times." she tried to shrug it off and faced her computer again.

"Swallow your pride and just ask someone if you don't know further." as Arkana said that, she left the office.
Linda sat there for a moment until she whispered "Thank you."