FTA s2.9_2: A Prelude to Season 3

<22130227>

Saturday, February 27th, 2213

Location Unknown.

Time Unknown.

"Once again, I am really sorry I had to do this to you. I just... really do want to keep the location of our new headquarters a secret."

Alexandra Kotova, now using her old pseudonymous surname of Gelorum, had apologised for the second time to Jacob White and Yvonne Giorgio, this time over the skies of an unknown country. The reason why she was apologising was very simple. She had covered the two guests' eyes, to prevent them from figuring out the exact location of the new headquarters of the old Gelorum-led Crinale.

The method of doing so was with a rather intricate piece of eyewear. It wrapped around the wearer's head, and latched at the back in a way that the wearer couldn't unlock it easily, if at all. The front part was designed so that it covered their entire view, not just a major portion of it like traditional blindfolds.

"At least it's somewhat comfortable," Jacob commented.

"We had time to develop it. It is better than just some other blindfold, or even a bag over your head."

After another 20 minutes in the hypersonic grav-plane Alex had rented out, the three of them had finally landed. Stepping off, they were led into a building. At that point, the woman in the black longcoat reached up behind the two guests' heads and unclasped the glasses before pulling it off them.

"Welcome to Crinale Technologies' new headquarters."

It wasn't the laboratory-like appearance of Angelus', yet Crinale's new headquarters was not like the basement of their old AG racing tenure. It showed that, despite the major changes, they were still serious about their competitive attempts in the F-Class championships.

Alex walked past them, nodding her head in a certain direction.

"Come on. It would be inefficient to waste time."

The two followed her, unable to truly take in the sights of the fairly large building, most of it taken up by the hangar and maintenance area for the two F0-RA8 craft used in the F12000. Alex led the two into a smaller partition, where several office rooms had been set up. One of which was the conference room, the room that Alex had stopped in.

"Alright, take a seat, I will start informing you of the project." She began, pointing to the large desk in the centre of the room.

As they took their seats, she started the briefing, loading up some screens on the projector at the head of the room. The moment they saw the data on it, they both said the exact same thing.

"WHAT?!"

Alex started her explanation. "This car I'm wanting, it has one purpose. To defeat Brandon's Razer.X."

The details of the car's concept was, while not impossible, rather unique. It would have its basis design-wise in her custom Gen 2 Katana Havok, but obviously more modernised. The uniqueness was what the car had to be designed to fit. The planned powerplant was 2 small jet turbines, to be mounted in the mid-rear where Katana and Angelus' supercars usually had their engines.

"In addition," She continued, after explaining the details of the car's proposed powerplant, "I would like the car to contain a sort of canopy opening, a centred driving position, and some fins that extend behind the rear body, which would act as a both a stability and an airbrake system, along with other flaps placed around the car, like Brandon's Razer.X."

"Alright," Jacob commented, "I'll see what I can come up with."

Over the following couple of days, Jacob had mocked-up several primary designs for the new project, showing them to Alex. She flipped through all the designs, and let out a single comment.

"...sh*t. Did I mention how much I love your designs? I honestly cannot pick between these."

"Well, thanks." Jacob replied. "Jus' happy I did my job well enough."

"Yes, well you did it too well. I will need some time to deliberate over these designs. I will get back to you two when I have made my decision."

"No problem." Yvonne said. "Take as much time as you need."

A few hours later, Alex had returned. Still unable to select one design, she had opted to select the best parts out of all the designs to compile into one final cohesive design. Jacob had then set to work on drawing that final design, completing it within half an hour. Alex had taken one good look at it, and...

"...p-perfect..." She muttered. "That's absolutely how I envisioned the evolution of my Havok would look like."

"Really?" Jacob replied. "That's mad!"

"Looks like I'm up now," Yvonne added. "I'll start on making the 3D model."

"Please, go for it!"

Pulling out a portable device that was the evolution of the 21st century tablet, Yvonne set to work, beginning work on the 3D version of Jacob's 2D drawings. It had taken only a mere few hours, since she knew what she was doing, but she had completed the first concept of the car.

Upon seeing the design in full 3D, Alex took a step back, placing a hand to her mouth.

"This... I thought it looked beautiful just through Jacob's drawings, but... wow! It looks exactly like it, and I can see just how great it does look. Thank you, so much!"

"It was nothing, really." Yvonne replied. "Thank you for letting us design this for you."

"No problem. Now, while your job may be done here, I should clarify that the design would probably be modified a bit, just to ensure everything works as it should. But there would not really be any major changes."

"'S fine," Jacob said. "Make as much changes as you'd like. I'm just happy to do my job, and I'm happy 'nuff that you like it."

Just as Alex had said, their jobs were done, thus the two Angelus employees were set to return to Australia, back to Angelus' headquarters, to resume their work on the project Brandon had called, 'RXR'. After saying their goodbyes, and Alex paying them for their work, the black haired leader of the rival team flew off back to her hidden headquarters after dropping the couple back off in their home city.