Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Angels

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Oh a new reader, just a question: Who do you think about when you read the name "Jonny Bovier" Hopefully not me
    Thanks BTW ^^
    Last edited by Jonny; 23rd June 2014 at 04:12 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Insight: Jana Bovier

Faster Than Angels

Jennterista Racing Chronicles

Insights/2209

Jana Bovier

Born: 16th May 2187
    Nationality: German
    Height: 170.1 cm
    Weight: 62.4 kg

Jana Bovier is the younger sibling in the oldest line in the Bovier family. With her brother Nico she attended school in their home town of Münster and later Copenhagen.
    While attending college after graduating school, Jana already took over various leading position through extensive guidance by Jonathan ever since she turned 16 years old.

Destined since a young age to become the successor of Jonathan Bovier, she has frequently been considered a gifted progeny, rumours she usually would leave uncommented.

In fact it has been considered an unusual act of nepotism by the old Bovier to strictly raise one of his own descendants into the leadership position of a company he so strictly ruled by principle. Others however argued that the close ties he could have to Jana would ensure that the company would step into the future on principles he still could rely on.

Jana thoroughly impresses everyone she meets with a bright personality, though in unknown situations she may show some reserve. Most notably seen in the coup orchestrated by Henry Marsson - whom she until then considered a good friend - where Jana remained quiet until Jonathan was put out of action.
    Last edited by Jonny; 3rd May 2020 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Changing character

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Nice! Can't wait for your take on the Omega Harbour race!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Insight: Jonathan Bovier

Faster Than Angels

Insights/2209

Jonathan Bovier

Born: 8th May 2064
    Nationality: German
    Height: 173.6 cm
    Weight: 69.4 kg

Jonathan Bovier has been leading the Jennter group since 2085, when he was just 20 years ago. Originally an amateur AG and motor racing team, the company saw major expansion under his leadership, extending into full profession Anti-Grav racing by debuting in the F5000 in the same year. He also drove forward the expansion of research into other fields, like aviation and information technology.

Jonathan reached a considerable age that may not be noticeable at first, thanks to continuous “maintenance” of his body.

Together with his late wife Rebekka Bovier (née Tramer) Jonathan shared the wish to reach immortality. Part of these efforts peaked in Electrosphere and Sublimation research. Eventually Rebekka would be sublimated into the Electrosphere during a test run of the process and since then has been gone missing. With her physical body being found lifeless she officially is recorded as deceased, with Jonathan being convinced that “she is still out there, somewhere.”
    Last edited by Jonny; 7th May 2020 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Final Overture

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 4.4

Sure, why not, let's do it now.

The referenced album title of part 4.3 was "Welcome Reality" by Nero. It may seem like the end, but there is one more final instalment of Part 4. For now, however...

[Part 4.4] My Name Is Gelorum

<22091128>
    Tuesday, November 28th, 2209

Omega Harbour, Perth, Australia

<21:03:34_>
    <omega harbour: white run_>
    <phantom class_>
    <lap 77_>
    <skeletal | cubanate_>

"ERROR: Unknown Weapon detected."

"This is the last time you will mess with the affairs of Crinale Technologies, as now, you will be more than just eliminated, you will be destroyed, KILLED, by my hand! It seems funny how things come around full circle, Brandon!"

As she spoke, the barrel of a large weapon at the front of her ship began to spin with increasing speed, as light blue lights inside it started to light up in a clockwise manner, forming a circle around the inside edge of the barrel.

"No, what?! How were you able to get that of all things to work?" Brandon asked, who was racing under the guise of Angel. He had realised that the barrel and lights were from Crinale's superweapon, the CZf_12 Energy Blaster. This weapon was banned by the AGRC for its extremely high destructive power, combined with its ability to lock-on.

"I would prefer it if you died without asking pointless questions." Alexandra Gelorum replied. "So how about you start f[static]ng dying now!"

There was interference, two people were talking to Brandon through his communication system at the same time. One, of course, was Gelorum, the other...

"-ngel, [static]-ou there? Angel!" the voice that came through his communications system was that of David Mendel, Team Leader of Wyvern Aeronautic Research.

"Mendel, why are you of all people hacking my comms?"

"Not hacking, using Angelus' comms." He seemed to be in a hurry. Though, that might've been due to Brandon's impending doom.

"OK, what do you wan-"

BANG

"That was a warning shot, I hope you are ready for your death." Gelorum taunted, firing a quick blast of the Energy Blaster.

"Make it quick, Mendel." Brandon told David, quickly.

"OK, well, the thing is, I tampered with your craft, I'v-"

"YOU WHAT?!" Brandon yelled.

"Relax, I got my team to install our warp drive, we thought it might help."

"Oh, well... how would it help me now-SH[static]!"

Brandon sideshifted out of the way of the second energy blast, missing it by mere centimetres, causing mild interference with his electrics.

"Explain. Now. QUICKLY!"

"Ok, ok. The warp drive allows your craft to become invisible for short periods of time. Use it to get out of Crinale's sights. Oh, but you need to enter a password to enable the drive first, for security purposes."

"Awesome, what's the password, quickly, please!"

"trinity72"
    >>VOICE RECOGNITION PASSWORD ACCEPTED: DAVID MENDEL_

"Oh, well now what?"

"See that blue lever to your right? Pull it."

As soon as he did, light seemed to warp and bend for a bit, then stopped.

"Congrats, you are now invis-[static]"

BANG

"Where the f[static]-id you go, Angelus?!" Gelorum interrupted, firing yet another blast of energy.

"Nowhere, I'm right here." Brandon calmly replied.

After a moment, she realized what had happened. "Oh, I see now. Turn the warp drive off, now."

"Well... if you say so."

Brandon had actually slowed down while invisible, letting Crinale pass. He kept up with Gelorum, and as soon as he turned the warp drive off, he fired the Angelus Laser Cannon he picked up.

"Oh, crap." Was the only thing that she could say. She tried to sideshift out of the way, but it was too late...

"Contender Eliminated."

<21:04:06_>
    <race complete_>
    <first place_>

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default JRC9/TJSC9: Assembly

Faster Than Angels

The Jennter Succession Conflict

Chapter 9/9: Assembly

5th November 2209
    New/Old Jennter Enterprises HQ, Düsseldorf, Germany
    11:44.21

Madison Larough pulled up with her AG car at the entrance gates to the makeshift headquarters, since a practicable security system has not yet been in place, traffic would be directly controlled.
    “Greetings, Ma’am.” one of the employees acting as a guard would approach her as Madison lowered the window on the drivers side “Your personnel ID please.”
    She hastily fished her ID card out a chest pocket and handed it over to the guard.
    He inspected it for a few seconds and silently handed it back to the woman in the car, waving her through to pass.

With nervous anticipation she walked through the main entrance. After skimming through the large hall, Madison moved to the front desk.
    “Just arrived?” a secretary asked the woman.
    Madison nodded “I...got hold up a little.” she tried to excuse, as if she has been late to an appointment.
    “Your card.” the secretary just continued with little regard for Madisons worries.
    Once more, she handed over her ID card. The secretary scanned it into the system.
    She handed it back to Madison. “Long on terminal is across the hall, over there.” she said and pointed past Madison “Financial department is further back to the right.”

Madison nodded once more and whispered “Thank you.”
    She swiftly turned around walked towards the halls she was supposed to work in.

Financial
    “Single mission.”

She stopped on her way, standing lost in the middle of the entrance hall.
    “Nevermind.” she said to herself and continued to walk.

Jonathan received a short message on his phone, reading something about Madison landing in the new headquarters. He sighed in relief.

“Found the screens!” Nico shouted over to him. They explored the storages to replace the screen Jonathan destroyed the previous day.
    Jonathan moved over to him “Good, let me help you.”

Upon lifting the screen, Nico jumped back, leaving Jonathan to struggle against the weight of the expensive and rare piece of electronic history.
    “What the hell are you doing?” he yelled at him in short breath.
    Nico pointed at the place where previously the screen stood “WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?”
    Jonathan put down the televisor and looked behind him.

A human hand has been idling on the messy shelf.

“Oh” came from a calm Jonathan, picking up the limb “Sloppy to have left that here…”
    “What!?” Nico asked, still in shock.
    “Going through all that trouble to seal the factory and in the end…” Jonathan went on with his loose remarks.

Noticing Nicos disturbed expression, Jonathans topped his act “It’s robotic, jeez.”
    Nicos face froze in embarrassment “But what about the red stains?”
    “It’s a carrier fluid, similar to blood but synthetic. Was quite an organic android.” Jonathan began to explain without noticing the words that just slipped over his tongue.
    “Wait, so Jennter built an android?” Nico immediately leaped back at this.

Jonathan gave up already and nodded agreeingly “Yes, an android mainly used for the purpose of racing.”

“Her name was Aurora.”
    Last edited by Jonny; 7th May 2020 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Final Overture

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default JRC10/HNwA1: Awakening

Faster Than Angels

Her Name was Aurora

Chapter 1/10: Awakening

9th December 2159
    Jennter Enterprises Headquarters, Düsseldorf, Germany
    6:00.32

“Rise and shine!” a man greeted. Her head hurt, what was his name again?
    “How are you feeling today, Aurora?” he asked.
    Right, his name was...Jonathan. Jonathan Bovier.
    Aurora? That has been herself.

“My head hurts.” she uttered, rubbing her forehead while sitting in her bed.
    “I see.” Jonathan sighed “Guess we should resort to natural sleep from now on.”
    She looked over to him “...right, hopefully my insomnia will let me.”
    “At least” he tried to cheer her up “We can try to reduce the effects of that though.”
    “What? How?” Aurora was surprised by that announcement.
    Jonathan had a wide grin on his face “We could make coffee free for all employees.”
    The woman threw a pillow after the man, who managed to grab it midair using his quick-responding cybernetic arm.

They both laughed about it, enough that Aurora wasn’t even questioning the early hours in that Jonathan showed such a mood already.
    “Dress up.” he ordered her while leaving the room already “Pilot training is up today!”

Lennemünde Park, Lennemünde, Germany
    9:34.21

Lennemünde Park was a old F9000 standard track mainly used for international and national AG racing. It utilised a variety of typical elements, such as open terrain sections, loopings, switchbacks and the like. It served Jennter as their main testing facility during these days.

In preparation for the upcoming 2160 season, the two Jennter pilots trained every day on the track and its six variations. Jennters lead pilot since the 2158 season has been Heiki Jorven, a calm and focussed pilot from Finland. His strengths thus laid a lot on fast laps, but his manual aim quickly gained a certain reputation in the weapon-heavy league.
    Aurora has been new to the team, new to the league to begin with. She found a lot of pleasure in AG racing though, occasionally expressing that despite her later start, it felt like it would have been her call all along.

Heiki returned to the grid with yet another new record, a 2:16.576 with the Jennter JAG-F9.56/9b on the longest course.
    For Aurora it has been a big day, as this was the first time she was piloting the craft of the recent season and thus the first occasion her time would stand against the performance of Heiki.
    ‘Don’t irritate yourself. Take it easy.’ the girl thought while being strapped into the craft.

“Okay Aurora, everything is ready. Launch when you feel like it.” Jonathan spoke to her through the radio.

Carefully the craft leaped forward, the pilot took a lot of safety into every corner, letting go off the thrusters more than once.
    “Feels good.” she nervously laughed into the radio while exploring the track.
    She knew it already while using F7200 craft on it, but the feeling of a F9000 machine has been extremely different.

Different.
    “I see...”
    The track.
    “I know…”
    The craft.
    “I...feel...”

“Is she alright?” someone asked in the race command room.
    Jonathan tried to carefully observe her actions “I think it works.”

Suddenly, just briefly before entering the final turn, Aurora lifted the thruster.
    “Ninety-nine...ninety-nine...ninety-nine.”

“Amazing, after not even a full lap.” the leader of Jennter Enterprises noted excited.

She opened the thruster again and started to tackle the first corner much sharper as she did three minutes ago. And the next even sharper, riding only millimetres away from the walls.
    For Jonathan it felt like an eternity while watching her fly, but in reality only 2 minutes 16 seconds and almost another one passed.

A roar went through the box. From everyone, excepting Jonathan, who sincerely enjoyed the sight of Aurora making use of her potential. And Heiki, who neither was angry, nor overly happy about his status being disputed like this. It just fell out of comprehension for him.

Aurora didn’t hesitate to try another lap after her first 42.8 F9000 kilometres.
    “Ninetyninenninetynine” she kept uttering to herself, until it happened in the middle of the first corner again “One hundred!”

A wide grin formed on Jonathans face once he heard this number.
    “Perfect.”

A brief eternity later, she crossed the line, with a solid 2:12.43 appearing on the screens in the command box.

Another roar went through it, this time from Jonathan as well.
    Everyone, excepting Heiki Jorven.

“Aurora! Amazing, please return the craft after a cooldown lap.” Bovier ordered his pilot after that stunner. He however got no response.

The craft halted on the grid again. The canopy opened after it got jacked up and the engines turned off.
    Aurora sat in there, breathing heavily in full sweat.
    As Jonathan saw her, he immediately reached her some water “There, let me try to help you out.”

The pilot has been extracted, someone kept the legs of Aurora elevated, while Jonathan hold her head stabilised.
    “Don’t go all out so soon.” he said to her, calm but worried about his pilot.

“I feel like my senses are distorted…” she barely was able to say, her body was trembling.
    Jonathan closed his eyes while smiling at her “We will fix this.”

He quickly pressed onto two spots on her forehead.
    Auroras body went numb. She smiled back at him “Yes...”
    Last edited by Jonny; 7th May 2020 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Final Overture

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 4.5

The final instalment of Part 4, the epic conclusion and aftermath of the Omega Harbour race!

The referenced album title of part 4.4 was "My Name is Skrillex" by, of course, Skrillex

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's gonna be an epic ride, so fasten your seatbelts. Here... we... GO!

[Part 4.5] Ascending for the Truth

[[The Epic Conclusion]]

<22091128>
    Tuesday, November 28th, 2209

Omega Harbour, Perth, Australia

Turn the warp drive off, now."

"Well... if you say so."

Brandon had actually slowed down while invisible, letting Crinale pass. He kept up with Gelorum, and as soon as he turned the warp drive off, he fired the Angelus Laser Cannon he picked up.

"Oh, crap." Was the only thing that she could say. She tried to sideshift out of the way, but it was too late...

"Contender Eliminated."

<21:04:06_>
    <race complete_>
    <first place_>
    <first person shooter | celldweller_>

As the Angelus KA-AGR1 screamed past the finish line at top speed, the Crinale F0-RG7.1p slid to a halt at the final stretch, stopping a couple of metres before the finish line.

"...Brandon. You will feel my WRAAATH!"

Just as she yelled 'WRAAATH', she pulled her helmet down, and kicked the windshield open. She jumped out and grabbed the barrel of the Energy Blaster. She twisted it, and it slid out.

The Blaster was then plugged into a hand attachment and locked into place. This 'handheld version' had 2 handles: One at the centre of the weapon for support, and the main handle at one end, which also housed 2 triggers: One for charging, one for firing. The firing trigger was designed so that you could not press it without pressing the charge trigger at the same time.

Gelorum held the blaster and pressed the charge trigger, aiming it at Tarah. She then spoke, the helmet distorting her voice to sound computerized.

"DO YOU REALLY WANT TO MESS WITH ME, ANGELUS? HOW DO YOU LIKE MY GUN?_"

Tarah looked positively frightened, she just stood in place, with a look of horror on her face. She kinda looked like a frightened wild animal.

"HAHAHAHA! YOU WILL DIE BY MY HAND_"

CRACK
    BOOM!

Brandon had spun his craft around, then sped down the straight, aiming for the gun, which he hit, breaking it in two, causing the weapon to backfire in a flash of light blue light and fly out of Gelorum's hands, Gelorum herself flying backwards into the side of the wreckage of her ship. This did, however, cause Brandon's craft to get caught in the blast radius of the backfiring blaster. The neons shut off and it fell to the ground, flipping a few times, then grinding to a halt. There was no movement for about a minute.

"Hahahaha! You never give up, do ya?!"

Suddenly, in a case of déj* vu, the windshield of the Angelus ship broke, flying off. Then a man stood up, his face obscured by a neon-lined helmet. Even though his face was hidden, you could tell he was pissed. He walked over to Gelorum, who was still holding onto the broken remains of the Energy Blaster.

"How. How exactly did you do it?! Qualifying first, making the energy weapon work. Even someone of your skill could not possibly do it! Also, while I'm at it, why did you leave Katana? What exactly are your goals?!" He asked.

Gelorum's computerised voice sounded even more angry than usual.

"ANGELUS, YOU FOOL. EVER SINCE YOU CHANGED YOUR NAME FROM KATANA, YOU WERE NO LONGER IN IT FOR THE MONEY, FOR THE ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION! WE COULD HAVE CAUSED CHAOS, BUT YOU TURNED AWAY FROM THAT. THAT IS BUT ONE REASON WHY WE LEFT_"

"We were never for that, as Angelus, or as Katana. That was all... you. Wait, you were like this since the Katana days?!"

"OF COURSE! WE SAW THE ULTIMATE PROFIT, THE ULTIMATE CHAOS FOR THIS CURSED INDUSTRY! BUT WE ARE SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO ESCAPED YOUR GRASP! ABOUT HOW WE WERE ABLE TO DO EVERYTHING WE DID, HOWEVER? YOU KNOW THE TRUTH, ALL THE EVIDENCE IS THERE, YOU JUST NEED TO THINK ABOUT IT. IT ALL MAKES SENSE, YOU KNOW IT DOES. MAYBE YOU CAN... TRANSLATE THE TRUTH, SHALL WE SAY? IT WON'T HELP YOU STOP US, NOT BY A LONG SHOT, BUT JUST THINK OF IT AS... MY GIFT FOR YOU_"

She then left, but not without saying one last thing:

"REVISUALIZE THE EVENTS OF 2209, GO!_"

Upon hearing Gelorum say 'GO!' he automatically did as she said...

<<--INNER MONOLOGUE: REVISUALIZATION-->>
    -> 2209-01-30 - Angelus KA-AGR1 unveiled
    -> 2209-02-06 - Angelus "Devil" Alt skin unveiled
    -> 2209-02-20 - Original Crinale group escaped
    -> 2209-02-26 - Crinale spotted at Tigron factory
    -> 2209-03-20 - Crinale Tech. Inc. revealed, F0-RG7 unveiled
    -> 2209-04-13 - RidgeTech Corporation reveals Project OMEGA... wait.
    -> Number of days between Crinale reveal and Project OMEGA: 24 days....
    -> Omega = Ω: 24th letter in Greek alphabet....
    ""translate the truth...""
    ...no, really?

YES!
    -->_ GELORUM TOLD ME HOW TO SOLVE THE MYSTERY!
    <translate|English: Crinale_>
    >>translating...
    >>results: Italian - "Ridge"
    EUREKA!

-->_RidgeTech Corporation IS Crinale! They built Omega Harbour! That explains how good they were at this track! That explains how they were able to use their super weapon!

I don't mean to spoil anything, but a future part, I'm sure, is gonna make you feel kinda sorry for Gelorum.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 4th July 2014 at 01:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default JRC11/HNwA2: War of Words

Faster Than Angels

Her Name was Aurora

Chapter 2/11: War of Words

to: Jonathan Bovier <jonathan.bovier@jennter.de>
    date: 11 December 2159, 12:27 PM
    subject: Pilot Registration Procedure

Hello Mister Bovier,

would you kindly send us information regarding the race qualifications and personal background to the new pilot you want to enter?
    The name “Aurora Borealis” does not appear in our records so far. In fact her name is striking me as odd, but I am not going to judge about that.

Please respect that we are doing our best to keep this league functioning.
    Best regards,

Vincent Boladrou

to: Vincent Boladrou <v.boladrou@f9000.com>
    date: 11 December 2159, 2:36 PM
    subject: RE: Pilot Registration Procedure

Dear Mister Boladrou,

there is not much we can publish about Aurora Borealis, as there simply is not that much to know about her.
    Furthermore, there is no obligation for a team to publish records on their pilots.
    I will attach all necessary documents about her. But with all due respect, this is everything we can present to you.

Greetings,
    Jonathan Bovier

date: 12 December 2159, 11:45 AM
    subject: RE: RE: Pilot Registration Procedure

Greetings again Mister Bovier,

unfortunately your attached documents do not satisfy our demands. To give you a little insight, there are speculations that your new pilot is in fact not human.
    In order to satisfy the needs of the league, please proof us otherwise.
    Kind regards,

Vincent Boladrou

date: 12 December 2159, 12:46 PM
    subject: RE2: RE: Pilot Registration Procedure

Dear Mister Boladrou,
    may I just ask you how it then could be possible that EG-R Technologies can compete with neither submitting information on their pilots, nor said pilots being really human to begin with.
    In fact I can’t find any such regulations.

Please clarify

Jonathan Bovier

date: 12 December 2159, 1:42 PM
    subject: RE: RE2: RE: Pilot Registration Procedure

Mister Bovier,
    if you won’t submit the required information until 13th December 2159, 23:59 your pilot registration application will be cancelled.
    Find a new pilot yourself.

Greetings

date: 13 December 2159, 11:34 PM
    subject: RE2: RE2: RE: Pilot Registration Procedure
    Hereby the adamant documents.
    What do you say about this?

View Attachment:
    EG-R Technologies uses highly modified human bodies for their pilots. Documents Jennter retrieved from EG-R are evidence that the pilot in person of Alex Reece never formally joined EG-R and was abducted, then brainwashed by this company.
    Further attachments also clarify which sort of modifications they performed on the pilots.

Jennter merely uses an android. Fully self-aware and living a free life on the premisses of Jennter Enterprises.

date: 14 December 2159, 12:56 AM
    subject: League Exclusion

Dear Mister Jonathan Bovier,

unfortunately your noncompliance in recent matters, including direct attacks, up to espionage upon other contenders will be directly dealt with by excluding Jennter Enterprises from the 2160 F9000 League season. Jennter Enterprises will be allowed to compete in the 2161 season again, if the league commission deems actions taken by Jennter to show adequate pardon.

Greetings,
    Anthony Stewart
    Last edited by Jonny; 13th May 2020 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Final Overture

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Great part, as always! I did have to edit a future part, but it's irrelevant to my main plot, it was just a small detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Looks like Crinale is struggeling, eh?
    It does seem like their master plan is falling apart, doesn't it?

Oh, and of course, Faster Than Angels will continue into 2210 and the 2210 FX400 season. Crinale aren't completely done for.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I'm intrested in how far this will go, you know my plans for 2211 ^^

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I'M FREEE!! at last summer holidays for me now to do all sorts of cool stuff, does that mean new Flying with Dragons?!!
    Umm not yet sadly, but hear me out before you organise a riot I'm going to Iceland (Wyvern AR country of origin if you payed close attention) next Monday till Friday so I can't install a new part to the series yet. Just can you all wait just one more week pwease? I'll have a new part ready for when I return

-UPDATE-

Also when I say Iceland, I mean the country. NOT THE FLIPPING FROZEN FOOD SHOP!! Geez I don't know how many times I've been given that joke
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 5th July 2014 at 06:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

No problem with that. Looks like I need to go more into the PAST when I want to write something :-/

Clothe yourself warmely

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I might write some past stuff, now that I'm finished with the Omega Harbour part, but I don't know. If I do end up writing past stuff, it won't be about Angelus, as they're fairly new.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Double post, but I just wanted to say that I am working on something not related to the main plot of Faster Than Angels, but it still has something to do with Angelus. If all goes well, I shall post it, as usual, on Friday.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default JRC12/TJSC: Declaration of War

Faster Than Angels

The Jennter Succession Conflict

Chapter 10/12: Declaration of War

7th November 2209
    New/Old Jennter Enterprises HQ, Düsseldorf, Germany
    10:12.24

It became common these days to fill a meeting room to the brim. Undeniably a risk for the loyalist Jennter team, as the possibility of Henry spying on them was known to Jonathan.
    “Legally, he somehow is in the right.” he summarised the situation “However, there is a loophole we can use. An impeachment.”
    “An impeachment?” someone from the people sitting right next to him asked “I thought the position as President is indisputable.”
    “That’s the loophole.” Jonathan explained “From the second person to take the position of President on, the option of an impeachment is possible.”
    “And what do we need for this?” Jana was asking.

Suddenly the sound of an explosion halled through the building, followed by a second one from the opposite direction and yet another one.
    “Schelter yourselves!” Jonathan shouted as everyone tried to crouch under the tables already. Against his order, he left the room onto the floor and ran to the main hall.
    The power went out and a bit of rubble was lying around, those who have been around either tried to duck under a surface or ran outside. He also spotted a couple of employees already helping someone who got hit by debris.
    “I swear Henry, I will kill you twice for everyone you injury here…”

16:01.33

Madison was found hours later ducking under the table she previously worked at.
    In a state of anxiety she kept uttering to herself “Not this. Not this. Single mission. Why now. Henry why. Not this. Why now.”
    Walking through the makeshift nursery office of the company, Jonathan was shocked to spot her there.
    “Madison!” he ran to the bed she was placed in “I am sorry for all this.”
    As she looked at him there was relieve on her face. Then she showed slight anger “Stop, none of this is your fault!”
    He sighed, frowning “No, your therapy, I am sorry that I haven’t been there recently.”
    “It’s not like any of that would be your fault either.” she returned at him.
    “As usual, we seem to have quite differing opinions about all this.”
    She smiled “It’s just so understandable that you miss her.”
    Last edited by Jonny; 18th July 2020 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Final Overture

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Well, this is awkward. I was gonna do something about Temtesh Bay.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Oh...ähm...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

It's ok, I'm kinda doing my own take on it. Besides, it didn't focus on the Temtesh Bay disaster, just the F9000 as a whole.

either that, or I'll post Part 5 of Faster Than Angels.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, here it is, I've decided to hold off on Faster Than Angels for now, so Snake can catch up to where we are.

The referenced album title of Faster Than Angels, Part 4.5 was "017 Ascension" by Monstercat.

Here it is, everyone loves writing about the F9000, and I am no exception...

>>F9000: <FATAL ERROR//the_corrupt_will_fall_>

<//22101027_>
    <//from_the_diary_of_brandon_smith_>

Saturday, October 27th, 2210

"My name is Brandon Smith. I was born on June 21st, 2160, 4 years since AG racing temporarily lost its soul. This year, 2210, marks the 50th anniversary of when the dreaded F9000 began. However, this exact day, October 27th, marks the 40th anniversary of when that damned thing died.

"Since I was just a child, I had no idea how corrupt the sport was, but ever since my birth, I watched it excessively. I loved watching the funny floaty things racing around the track. To me, it was good fun. However, that changed in 2164, when I first got a glimpse of how corrupt the sport was. At the tender age of 4, I witnessed, first hand, one of, if not, the most destructive disasters since the beginning of AG racing itself: The 2164 Temtesh Bay Disaster.

"The Temtesh Bay Disaster was just that, a disaster. 6 lives were lost when the mine collapsed, but there were countless injuries. Of course, I didn't see it happen, but I was at the track itself. Mum and Dad thought it would be nice to take me there, since I loved it. Then suddenly, as soon as it started, there was a massive explosion, followed by a commotion. I wasn't sure what happened, then I saw it. The screen showed the moment everything went wrong, but it didn't show everything. The mine just collapsed, no-one knew why at the moment. It was then that I knew that something like this was definitely not supposed to happen.

"However, as the years rolled by, I saw subtle hints that there was corruption going on behind the scenes. Unfortunately, I was right. The entire F9000 league was corrupt. On October 27th, 2170, I had enough. I was just about to switch off the telecast, when, there it was. I saw it, that one terrifying, yet relieving image that signified there was corruption in the League, we screwed up, but it had ended. That one image, shown across the globe, wherever you looked, there it was. On telecast screens across the world, I will NEVER forget that image, as it had been burned into my mind:

<incoming_attachment://f9000_fallen_>
    <attachment_loading..._>
    <load:complete_>

F9000_Fallen.png

"Nothing happened. Literally, nothing happened, at all. Everyone just stopped, and stared at the screen. Then suddenly, after a few minutes, it disappeared. What replaced it shocked everyone.

"There was a live feed of a group of people entering a building. A resistance, the Anti-Gravity Purity Coalition, purely created to oppose the masterminds of all the corruption: The Overtel Corporation. There they confronted the corporation, while revealing to the public, the entire population of Earth, and every other planet receiving the telecast, documents and documents of confidential information, proving that there was not only corruption, but deception, illegal practices, and even murder. Some of these documents were even dated to before Overtel controlled the F7200 AG Race Commission. It was over. Overtel were finished. However, so was the F9000.

"The F9000 was suspended to allow for the inevitable investigation. Many of Overtel's members commited suicide, those who didn't were promptly arrested. The fallout didn't just affect the Overtel Corporation and the F9000 itself, oh, no. It affected everyone. So much so that it created a depression so large, it rivalled the Great Depression of the 1930s!

"Now, do you see? This is what will happen if Crinale have their way. It will not be good for anyone but themselves. For the greater good of the people on Earth, we must stop Crinale Technologies!"
    Last edited by Ace3000; 11th July 2014 at 07:04 AM. Reason: You fool, the F9000 began in 2156, not 2160.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I'm Back guys, I am really sorry for keeping you all waiting and I know I'm really behind you two. But I am free now to carry on Flying with Dragons
    At this present moment I am working on the new part but its not ready yet but you have all waited patiently for it, so here is a little insight to the new XAF-54 Wyvern that will be racing in my take of omega harbour (completely different race to Ace's) with a little taste of the story coming up. Also since I've now been to my teams country of origin I can better describe Iceland in my story

Flying with Dragons: InDepth

Twas a bright Icelandic morning with the brisk air complimenting the warm sun to create the most perfect weather that anyone will love. The rough lava fields surrounding Wyvern HQ our teaming with life for once in what was a long time. But today is another productive day for Wyvern for it is this weather that keeps the team lively. David is over-seeing the production of the new Wyvern racing machine with new lead pilot Razgriz close by his side. Moments later David departs to his office with Razgriz to brief him on the new craft being constructed.

David: I believe if you are to give your best performance for the omega harbour race, I need to teach you the ins and outs of the XAF-54 now.
    Razgriz: *jokingly said* That would be useful
    David: Haha yeah, yeah. Come to my computer while I show you.

---/open document/---
    ----/serial code XAF project 2451-- codename oblivion/----
    ---/running security check............. please enter security password/---
    ---/*********/---
    ------/password accepted... welcome David..... opening document/-----

XAF-54 FX350 Wyvern AGRC craft

Beginning of project development: 2054
    Aircraft: F-14D Super Tomcat conversion

Statistical performance (out of 100):
    Speed: 90
    Handling: 90
    Thrust: 85
    Shield: 70
    Firepower: 40

Features:
    Airbrake: Wyvern AR KXF airbrakes system
    Power plant: New technology -/CLASSIFIED/-
    Engine: New Wyvern AR turbo fan AG engine with Piranha sports mode computer chip
    Weapons system: Modified Wyvern AR standard TX weapons computer, now compatible with new Wyvern AR super weapon (Disable)
    Lateral stability: 9.1%
    Acceleration: 0-700km/h in 1.9 seconds
    Life support: Wyvern AR super G-Force compensator and emergency ejector seat
    Shields: Standard Wyvern AR OTX shields plus -/CLASSIFIED/-

Description:
    The fastest Wyvern ever made, improving the thrust and weapon technology past expectations. This wyvern is now the teams ultimate racing machine, ready to teach its opponents a lesson or two to never mess with Icelandic people. Especially Wyvern AR. This Wyvern is also the only other ship capable of --/ INFORMATION REDACTED... CLASSIFIED/--

---/Classified Information requires higher level security password/---
    --/End of document/--

Razgriz: Wait don't you have the highest level of security? why don't you access it now?
    David: because Razgriz I want to show you some of the XAF's capabilities on the day of the omega harbour race.

Can you guys chew on that for a bit? I'll get the new story part up ASAP.