Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Angels

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels/Flying with Dragons

OK, so I don't know if I'm doing it right by making a new thread here, but it is fanfic, so I guess so? Although it does involve (Well, more it mentions it than anything) Snakenator's fan-made team, Wyvern, though we've been making fanfics that mention or involve each other's team, so... I don't know. I just hope I'm not doing it wrong.

This is about the two teams I created, Angelus and Crinale, and the title comes from Angelus' motto.

EDIT <20170211>: A list of all of my parts is now available.
    List of FTA Parts

[Part 1.0] The Threat

<22091013>
    Friday, October 13th, 2209

AG Race Commission HQ (AGRC)

12:30:00

<<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>>
    Ident: Crinale Tech. Inc.

User input>|locate transmission_

[12:30:06]>>LOCATING...
    [12:30:36]>>ERROR: IP ADDRESS MASKED. LOCATION UNKNOWN.

User input>|record transmission_

[12:30:42]>>TRANSMISSION ACCEPTED.
    [12:30:42]>>RECORDING...
    [12:38:55]>>INCOMING ATTACHMENT ["CZf_12.pdf"]...

User input>|accept attachment_

[12:39:02]>>ATTACHMENT ACCEPTED.
    [12:42:28]>>TRANSMISSION END: CONNECTION LOST.
    [12:42:29]>>TRANSMISSION RECORDED.

User input>|playback recording ["22091013123042"]_

[13:02:37]>>SEARCHING...
    [13:02:40]>>RECORDING FOUND.
    [13:02:40]>>LOADING...
    [13:02:41]>>LOAD COMPLETE.
    [13:02:41]>>PLAYBACK ENABLED.

<<TRANSCRIPT>>

AGRC>> Crinale, to what do we owe this transmission?

Crinale>> First of all, gotta love that locating attempt. Very nice, but you will never find us. Fool. Anyway, to the business at hand. We do not like beating around the bush, we prefer to just give our news straight up. There is a spy in the AGRC, right now. They are listening to everything. They are watching everything. We know you are one of the top groups that are looking for us, but that will never happen. See, our spy knows something about your beloved building that you do not. They know about the location of a bomb. Lying. Dormant. However, it will not be dormant for long. One of two things will happen. It could be deactivated. Alternatively, it could activate, exploding and killing every single one of you in this building right now. Do not think of evacuating ANYONE, or our spy will see it, and then...[chuckle] BUILDING GO BOOM! HAHAHAHA! Do not let anyone escape. Not one individual, okay? I do not want to use unnecessary force, but I will if I have to.

AGRC>> [EXPLETIVE REDACTED], what are your demands?

Crinale>> Ooh, watch your language there! We wish to continue racing in the FX400. That is all. Oh, but you have to stop looking for us. And we require a special weapon of ours be accepted, just as you have done for Angelus. Check the incoming blueprints.

>>SUMMARY:
    |>>FILE: "CZf_12.pdf"
    |>>NAME: CZf_12 Prototype
    |>>TYPE: ENERGY BLASTER
    |>>LOCK-ON: YES
    |>>POWER: 100 [INSTANT ELIMINATION]
    |>>ABSORB: 100 [FULL SHIELD RESTORATION]

AGRC>> You're going too far... Also, I have been informed that have an ace up our sleeves. You can't destroy us.

Crinale>> Are we going too far though? Are we really? Remember we have taken the necessary steps to ensure your destruction if you do not accept our terms. We can and we WILL destroy you.

AGRC>> The bomb? Threatening to destroy us if we don't accept?! YEAH, THAT'S GOING TOO [EXPLETIVE REDACTED] FAR!

Crinale>> I told you. I told you to watch your language. I told you that the AGRC would die. I told you to not go against us. You did not listen to me. You have just made the single biggest mistake of your life. And now, it has ended. So much for your "ace up the sleeve" [chuckle]. CX1, destroy. [explosions] WAIT, WHAT TH-?!
    [13:14:28]>>PLAYBACK END.

13:14:30

Chris Scarbrough (Employee, AGRC): So just what the hell was that all about? One minute we were all about to be blown up, the next minute Crinale blew up?!

Natasha Belmondo (Executive Chairwoman, AGRC): See, that's what I meant, we had an ace up our sleeves. That spy was not working for Crinale. They are a double spy, gathering information for us. They work for Angelus, but followed Crinale after the original employees split, pretending to agree with their ideals.

CS: Woah. Well, I think they're no longer with Crinale after that stunt, though.

NB: Yes, I think so too, Crinale would be stupid to let that spy back in. However, I don't think they're completely gone. Notice how the explosions were only heard, and not seen, but the connection was still lost. I think that bomb was placed out of sight, somewhere near their communications system.

CS: True, that is a logical explanation. Let's hope they learned from that experience. We really need to find them and shut them down. They're not operating on legitimate terms, we have hard evidence proving that!

NB: I know that, we're doing the best we can. We have Wyvern Aeronautical Research and Angelus R&D helping us and Interpol search for them. I know what would happen if we do let them get away, and it's the last thing we need.

So that was the very first part of this thread, hope you enjoyed that (and I hope that I'm doing it right by posting a new thread here)!
    I'm also thinking of having theme songs for the two teams. My choices are not final and, in fact, I have 2 choices for each team.

For Crinale, I'm thinking either Doomsday by Nero or Ransom by Pendulum
    For Angelus, I'm thinking either Departure by Nero or 9000 Miles by Pendulum.

You guys are free to disagree and/or pick a song that you prefer, these ones are just songs that I think would fit.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 17th May 2017 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Linked list of all parts

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

This is full to the brim with awesome ideas that pulls everything together, everything works and its all just an amazing read
    I'm still working on my fan fic, but I've finished college for study leave now so hopefully I have the time to get mine up and running
    I'll have to tie in my story with this one, its to awesome not to

I also found a awesome piece of music when I was playing Ace Combat before that I would like to use as my teams theme song But I would change it if I was to publish my fan fic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JJH0ilahuA
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 9th May 2014 at 09:44 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I'm glad you like it! Feel free to tie in your fanfic to mine, seeing as we've already done so in the other thread.

I'm nearly done with Part 2, but I feel I should wait a while before posting it... a week, maybe half a week?

EDIT: That's an awesome song, are you wanting to use it as the theme to Wyvern in my fanfic?

EDIT2: I will decide the final songs next week, when I post Part 2.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 10th May 2014 at 05:25 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Sounds cool

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Default Flying with Dragons

Here it is, the start of my fan fic. I'll put it in this thread to avoid redundant threads I also recommend reading my posts about the XAF-72 Wyvern hear: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...490#post235490

Flying With Dragons

Part 1: Dragons achieving a new era

-Secret Wyvern AR testing facility hangar-
    The Hangar doors open to a bright summers day, walks in Director of operations David Mendel and his lead pilot Falon Dare. They walk in to see the fruit of the teams labour, a project to bring humanity a step further from Anti Gravity technology. Inside is the product of Project Trinity, a aircraft never seen to anyone else but those who are members of the Wyvern team, a top secret machine no one can yet know.

David: There it is, such a beauty isn't it?
    Falon: You can say that again, and soon it'll fly.
    David: Its such a incredible thought to think we may be the ones to achieve a new step into the destiny of humanity.
    Falon: You've done well David, you brought the team so far. And to think your Dad had the aircraft that could be used to create this beauty.
    David: Well the Wyvern team would like to thank you to, the amount of wins you have secured us has brought the financial backing to make this Wyvern possible.

The doors to the hangar open again, walks in a team of engineers. The expressions on their faces shows a great deal of promise. Head engineer Sarah Fillick walks up to David with a excited face.

Sarah: DAVID! GREAT NEWS!
    David: Woah calm down eager beaver, what news?
    Sarah: We did it! its complete!
    Falon: Are you serious? you actually achieved the impossible?
    David: Don't you be lying to us.
    Sarah: I'm serious, the generator is complete and can be fitted to the Wyvern right now
    David: Excellent! this is such a great achievement, you've worked so hard for us. You and your team will receive a special reward.
    Sarah: Thank you! Guys bring it in, its going on the Wyvern now!

A new team of engineers walk in followed by a pickup truck. The truck is carrying what looks like a car standard engine, but upon closer view, its so much more than that.

Sarah: Here it is, the X-2978 Wyvern warp engine. The Wyvern is now capable of Light speed!
    Falon: With this the XAF-72 Wyvern will be the fastest thing ever created!
    David: I know, and soon we need to test it. I am dreaming that day every night now *sheds a tear*
    Falon: Your Dad would be proud of you. But we need to fly the Wyvern before we attach the warp engine.
    David: Lets do it now, engineers! prep the XAF for take off. Falon, I be honoured if you fly the Wyvern.
    Falon: It would be my pleasure.

????: It would be wouldn't it.

Everyone in the hangar turns around to see a shadowy figure step into the hangar.

Falon: Who are you?
    ????: Your nightmare

The figure drops a can, then a blinding light and loud bang brings everyone to their knees. Once it subsides, the figure has disappeared.

David: Is everyone alright?

Everyone in the hangar gives a nod, although they are still clearly disorientated.

Sarah: NOOOOO!
    Falon: What happened?
    Sarah: The warp! its gone!
    David: F**k no, how?

A mobile phone is heard ringing, David reaches into his pocket and answers.

David: Hello?
    Natasha: Hey its Natasha Belmondo, I have urgent news.
    David: Whats going on?
    Natasha: We just received a threat from Crinale of them planting a bomb in the AGRC HQ. But their plan back fired, you need to be careful though.
    David: Odd, a shadowy figure has just stolen a important technology from us needed to complete project Trinity. I think its a spy for Crinale!
    Natasha: No, this is getting out of hand. We need to stop them soon.
    David: Agreed, look I gotta go now. Talk again later.

The call ends

David: Seal the hangar, we cannot risk losing the XAF-72 Wyvern. Everyone out now.

Everyone rushes out of the hangar, the doors are then closed. Slowly the last sliver of light on the Wyvern shrinks, till the doors close. The dragon now slumbers again.

That's part one. Hope you liked it Feedback is welcomed.
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 17th May 2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling mistake and addition of link to the XAF-72 Wyvern profile

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Woah, that's pretty awesome!

I might have to edit my future parts, though I don't think Part 2 will be affected. Still, Part 2 will be uploaded tomorrow.

EDIT: Would you guys prefer if I posted the parts more regularly, or are you fine with them being posted once a week?
    Last edited by Ace3000; 15th May 2014 at 08:48 AM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Once a week is good, gives you more time to make a better quality story

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

You make a persuasive argument, Snake!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Yet my English GCSE grade was only a C

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I know that. I´m this guy in the internet who corrects his posts, uses capital letters and knows the word "grammar". But my german mark is a 4 (D) ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 2.0

English kinda sucks like that, haha!

Anyhoo, Before we begin, I'd like to post the final theme songs I have chosen for the teams

Theme of Angelus - Transparency | Hiroshi Okubo
    Theme of Crinale - Ransom | Pendulum

Anyway, let's now move on to...
    [Part 2.0] Scary Weapons and Neat Logic

<22091016>
    Monday, October 16th, 2209

Angelus R&D Headquarters, Perth, Australia

19:56:43

One very tired Brandon Smith was looking at reports and data files, comparing them, trying to connect the evidence and figure out what exactly Crinale's true motives were. At that point, two things happened, almost at the exact same time. The first was an email that Brandon was expecting had finally arrived in his inbox. Before he could open it, though, the second thing happened. A knock on his office door.

"Urgh, come in." He moaned, as he quickly and swiftly minimized everything from his computer's screen. In through the door walked Tarah Andrews, the lead pilot for Angelus' AG Racing Division.

"Sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you, boss, but we need to talk. I think you might know why." she spoke, with fear in her voice. Brandon gestured wordlessly to a chair on the other side of his desk. He waited, silently, until she sat down, then after a few moments, he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, then spoke.

"What seems to be the problem, is everything alright?" he inquired.

"I don't think I can race tomorrow. OK, no. I can race, but I don't want to."

"Why not? You are the best pilot we have, I've seen your skills first han-"

"No." she quickly interrupted. "This is not about my skills, at least, not anymore."

Brandon thought for a second. "I think this conversation would move faster and more efficiently if you gave your reasons why you cannot race."

"Do you know what happened on Friday?"

"Yes. Crinale happened. They 'attacked' the Race Commission's headquarters, however, that plan backfired. I'm still waiting for the fine details, though. I'm supposed to be getting a report."

"OK. So do you know what their demands were?"

"A prototype weapon, something that can cause instant eliminations... wait," His eyes widened with realisation, "Is that why you don't want to race?"

"Yes. If they have that weapon against us, then no amount of skill will be able to avoid their attacks. We'd be eliminated on the spot... maybe even killed!"

Brandon opened one of his minimized files, studied it for a good minute, then turned his attention back to Tarah. "They can't use it. That would require extensive knowledge of the Race Commission's weapon systems, knowledge that no one except for the designers of the system has. They can even have the weapon itself onboard their ship, armed and ready to destroy anyone who stands in their way, but... without the system's acknowledgement of the weapon as... well, as a weapon, it will not work."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," Brandon said, scanning the open file once more. "The system will not allow the weapon to work. I think they knew that, which is why they went to the Race Commission in the first place, to gain permission to use it. The result of that plan, however, is the result of what transpired on the 13th."

Tarah gave a long sigh of relief. "Thanks Boss! I'm gonna go train! I have to beat Crinale." She jumped up and nearly ran out the door.

"I'm glad you're back to your eager, happy self, but remember, don't train too hard, you don't want to strain yourself"

"I know!" She said, closing the door behind her. After Tarah left Brandon pulled up all the minimized files, then opened the email:

|Monday, October 16th, 2209
    |
    |Sender: <alpha.0@xŵñƮŞƽЃь.∂∞ⅎΓ>
    |To: <brandon.smith@angelus-rd.com.au>
    |Subject: 22091013: _||-
    |Attachments: ];{+_)O^!(@&%$~`.zip
    |
    ||?}{:@?}))#!)&R&)@^*9`098/'\.;.//
    |
    |//
    |<<
    |>>
    |<!--
    |Sorry about all that garbage there, I just did not want to get caught. I am trying to hide from Crinale, no doubt
    |they would be looking for me after that stunt I pulled, haha! So, I've encrypted this email.
    |
    |Anyway, onto business. Attached is a zipped folder containing the finer details of everything that occurred on
    |the 13th. You should know what the password is.
    |
    |That's it for now, I need to lay low for a while, so try to not contact me.
    |
    |
    |1:10-26
    |-->
    |
    |alpha.0

Brandon figured out the code instantly. the text at the end signified that the password was contained in the first line, consisting of the 10th to 26th characters on that line. He opened the zip file then input the password: "#!)&R&)@^*9`098/". Upon entering the password, the file proceeded to decompress itself onto his computer. He found the one thing that would be most helpful, a file with a familiar name: "CZf_12"

'This must be Crinale's super weapon.' He thought. Opening it revealed that he was correct. He had just opened Crinale's blueprints to their super weapon, the CZf_12 Prototype Energy Blaster, but something about it was off, like he had seen something very similar before. He brought up file after file, but he could not find any similarities between them and the weapon. Then he found it, staring him in the face...

An image. Of an F9000 Super Weapon. Auricom's Orbital Laser.

He immediately started searching for the blueprints for the Orbital Laser, but considering that it was secret technology, it would be a challenge to find anything to do with it. Finally, however, Brandon found himself staring at the one thing he so desperately needed to find the truth. He scanned the both the blueprints for the Orbital Laser and the Energy Blaster for a match, he was only hoping that his hunch was wrong. However, the scan returned a complete match for the inner workings of the two technologies.

Finally, he realised what he had discovered, and his mind started to piece everything together... bit by bit...

<<--INNER MONOLOGUE: REVISUALIZATION-->>

"-> Crinale was discovered in Russia, stealing Tigron parts...
    -> They are entirely based on combat...
    -> They have an unhealthy obsession with destruction...
    -> Their special weapon's technology matches that of Auricom's Orbital Laser...
    THEREFORE!

-->_Crinale stole the remnants of an Orbital Laser, and reverse engineered it for their own benefit! So why do they have such an unhealthy obsession with the F9000? First Tigron parts, now the Orbital Laser?
    THAT'S IT!

-->_Crinale are trying to recreate the F9000!... but... why? They have money... No... really? It's the only logical explanation... WOAH!

-->_CRINALE TECHNOLOGIES INCORPORATED HAS AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE..."
    Last edited by Ace3000; 16th May 2014 at 09:56 AM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I'm on the edge of my seat after reading that, just my face was 0.0 WOW

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Glad you liked it! ^_^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

This is aweasome

And since Snake already wrote a part about his team...can I do the same?
    This could turn into something like a RPG ^^
    Last edited by Jonny; 16th May 2014 at 11:57 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

If you want, go for it!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

This whole thing will be awesome

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Post Jennterista Racing Chronicles Main Post

Faster Than Angels
    Jennterista Racing Chronicles

Final Overture
    Hello everyone, I am happy for anybody who still reads this! By now these words are almost six years younger than the date of this post.
    So over the course of these six years a lot happened, changed and accumulated. I grew a lot as a writer (and as a person, I pretty much grew up with this project) and thus want to give my stories one final big revision. After the "Grand Revision" project, this state will be given the name "Final Overture".
    The revised parts will be published in place of their original posts, as long as it still fits.
    An overview of all parts can be found here (Google Drive). Have fun!
    Last edited by Jonny; 8th April 2020 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Final Overture

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Default Flying with Dragons

Part 2: Investigating a mystery

The sunsets over the Wyvern AR HQ, the airfield of all Wyvern projects is under heavy surveillance to protect the XAF-72 Wyvern from falling into the hands of the unknown assailant who attacked two days ago. A light on the side of the building slowly rises to the top floor. David is in the elevator heading to his office, with a cup of coffee in his hands. He steps in and logs onto his computer, watching CCTV footage captured during the loss of the precious Wyvern warp, trying to identify the attacker.

"Argh his face is black, I need a miracle to identify this guy"

David flicks through documents of the Wyvern warp which was stolen, trying to piece how anyone could of known about the top secret project. Somebody knocks and enters the office. Its Sarah of the engineer team.

Sarah: How you holding up?
    David: Its no use, I just cannot find this guy's identity. I'm troubled by nightmares as to who he is.
    Sarah: Well I hate to bring bad news but *a long deep breath* but he took the activation chip as well.
    David: So this guy can activate the warp drive. Dammit, we need to act fast.
    ????: You never did tell us what the warp did though?
    David+Sarah: HUH?

Walks in Falon tired from the days practice on the training circuits.

Falon: Sorry to surprise you guys, but what does the warp do?
    Sarah: I don't know, I just followed the blueprints given to us by David.
    David: I guess now is best telling you. The warp is the ultimate means of travel, despite its name it is also actually a new form of AG technology. Complete External Force Nullification Device or CEFND for short. It completely negates the affects of external forces such as air resistance, gravity and even energy such as heat and light. This warp offers optical camouflage and ultimate engine efficiency. Its also capable of light speed as the name suggested as well.
    Falon: That's what it is, wow that's amazing!
    David: Yes but now its in the wrong hands and I'm scared for it.
    Sarah: David its okay I have good news as well.
    David: Really? please speak up.
    Sarah: Although it isn't the blueprints, I added special software into the warp that only it and the XAF-72 have. A security program, meaning if the warp is not to be in the Wyvern it won't activate. Think of it as a safety feature.
    David: SARAH YOU ARE BRILLIANT! this means if our attacker wants to use it he'll have to get through us to the XAF first!
    Falon: That could be dangerous though, what if he has a team and completely levels us. We'll lose the whole team.
    David: I know, I need to think.
    Sarah: We'll leave then, goodnight David

Falon and Sarah leave the office. David continues his search through the footage at the time of the attack. However as he loses hope, he clicks onto the CCTV in the engineer locker room. The assailant is in there! David widens his eyes to find how the unknown man infiltrated the facility. Through the air vents into the locker room, best of all is the blurred face of the man. Not wanting to wait David runs a resolution scan to identify the assailant. What he discovers shocks him...
    Davids brother Shaun is the attacker. A man David who he thought was in jail for his past crimes. It seems he escaped, and is wearing Crinale uniforms. The ultimate betrayal, Shaun stole the warp for Crinale. David rushes through his keyboard to send emails to the AGRC racing commission and Angelus. To warn them of the new danger of Davids brother and the Wyvern CEFND he stole. Now the fear of having the XAF-72 stolen encapsulates David's body.

"If they get their hands on the Wyvern, they can turn it into a weapon. Near enough teleporting from location to location, attack cities and homes and disappear instantly without a trace. With the optical camouflage technology and the speed enhancements to the engine. A weaponised XAF-72 Wyvern would be unstoppable. Crinale could rule the world!"

David completes the message to the AGRC commission and Angelus, detailing what he now believes to be the intentions of Crinale. To steal the XAF-72 Wyvern and turn it into a weapon to crush their opposition who stand in the way. Its only a matter of time before this plot could be a reality. David sends the email, terrified of the future.

Hope you guys liked that instalment, also Jonny I really liked yours. Very original
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 16th May 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Woah, those were awesome, I loved it!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Glad you liked, it was tricky to make a part that was as suspenseful as yours. I think I did alright there
    Things are taking a dark turn in these fictions, I hope your next part Ace can work with my part 2
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 17th May 2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: typo