Thread: Faster Than Angels

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 37.5

The referenced album title of Part 37.4 was St. Anger by Metallica... you know, Saint, Holiness, Angel... oh, whatever. Sorry.

[s2_29.5: Part 37.5] An Identity Revealed

<22121108>

Sunday, November 8th, 2212

Omega Harbour, Perth, Australia.

"Hah, looks like it was me that gave you a taste of your own medicine. You need to relax, you're being too violent."

"No! I will never relax! You have not once considered my feelings, and now I've had enough of everything! Do you hear me, Gareth Ardos? I. WILL. DESTROY. YOU."

<blknanct | calla soiled_>

"Missiles"

"How is that giving me a taste of my own medicine?! Never have I ever used weapons on you, so why?"

"...[sigh], I'm hurting psychologically, so I'm going to physically hurt you back."

"Kyoko... Why? Why don't we just talk about it, instead of having this stupid, ugly display of violence, this fight to the death... it won't solve any problems."

"It's the only way I can be calm, I just need to do this... I have so much... rage... built up inside me. I just... have to do this... to be free."

"Free? You already are, right?"

"Of course I'm not!"

"Yes you are! You can just take off the mask, the helmet... just be yourself!"

"I can't!"

"Then why... why do you need to be freed?"

"Because... because... I... I just can't free myself."

"How come? Tell me, please! I'm trying to help you."

"You can't help me."

"Again, why not?"

"I-I..."

"Just tell me why you can't free yourself."

"Because... I... I... I PROMISED BRANDON! I PROMISED HIM I'D HIDE MYSELF TO PROTECT US!... F*CK!"

"Brandon?"

"Plasma"

BOOM.

A large purple sphere of energy shot from the tailing craft, which missed Gareth's by mere centimetres.

"WHAT?! How did you avoid that?!"

"I'm in an Angelus Xygen V, it's only natural I can avoid that. If you can maneuver that craft like some kind of angel, then so can I."

"You... YOU! D-Die... DIE! JUST F*CKING DIE!" Kyoko screamed.

"Brandon, I know you're listening. A question: What the hell?!" Gareth asked, he had to know, for his sake, and the broken Kyoko. Brandon hesitated for a moment, before answering him.

"I'll explain when the race is over."

"It nearly is over, this is the last lap!"

<final lap_>

The final lap was as violent as ever, Kyoko trying everything in her power to eliminate Gareth. However, it had proved futile.

"Not even an Angelus can hit an Angelus... fine then."

At that point, she ran over a weapon pickup.

"HAH! I didn't want the race to boil down to pure luck, but I'll take what I can. Goodbye, Gareth! This is it, the final win by Kyoko Fujisaki! Ugh, I feel like sh*t just saying that name, I just want this to end."

"Turbo."

<race complete_>

<first place_>

Kyoko and Gareth passed the finish line. The difference was so close, however that the two pilots had no idea who came first, just that it was a 1-2 win for Angelus. As the other pilots passed the line, Gareth got out, and rushed over to Kyoko, who was out of her craft. She turned to leave without a word, but Brandon appeared in her line of escape.

"Goddamnit! Why can't you LEAVE ME ALONE?!" She yelled, turning around and facing Gareth.

"I'm concerned about you, we all are. That performance was... well, it wasn't like you."

"No sh*t, I just had to end it all, by any means necessary. Your feelings, my despair, EVERYTHING!"

"Kyoko-"

At the mere mention of that name, she screamed, a scream that was louder and more despair filled than any sound she had made in her life.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! SHUT UP! SHUT! THE F*CK! UP! I've had to live with that f*cking name for almost 3 whole years! I told you... I told you I have had enough! Just... just call me by my REAL F*CKING NAME!"

Ky... The girl standing before them opened up her helmet and tore it off her head in one fell swoop, hurling it to the ground so hard that it bounced. Her face was just as emotional as one would expect. Anger, sadness, frustration and many more were mixed into one ugly shade of despair.

"My name... is Tarah Andrews. Got that? TARAH HAYLEY ANDREWS!"
    Last edited by Ace3000; 31st March 2017 at 03:37 AM.