Thread: Autographed copy of Wipeout: The Music (1995 3x Vinyl)?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    HaltAndCatchFire

Default Autographed copy of Wipeout: The Music (1995 3x Vinyl)?

Greetings to all!

I recently received an autographed copy of Wipeout: The Music. This was the 1995 3x Vinyl release. The autograph appears to be in a white felt tipped marker, like something you'd use to autograph an album (rather then a black marker).

Problem is, I have no idea who the signature belongs to- so I was hoping you guys could help me out. The seller who sold me the vinyl didn't know anything about it so it could very well be nobody (which is OK, I was just after the album for the artwork since I've already got the CD version for listening). I was just wondering who it was if it was somebody associated with the Wipeout series, perhaps an artist or audio engineer or something.

Again, I'm not doing to be disappointed if it isn't anyone in particular. It's just a puzzle that I'd love to solve, if possible.

IMG_0004.jpg

Cheers.
    -CMPX

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Well firstly welcome to the forum, you'll enjoy it here

Secondly, I don't think the signature is from the Dev team as the WipEout series features soundtracks from various artists. My guess is that the signature is from one of the artists.

Don't take my word for it, because I'm bad with signatures so its just a guess. That's a good find as well, nice one picking it up

PSN ID
    HaltAndCatchFire

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've been through all the bands listed on the Wikipedia page for the album, and nobody seems to have a name similar to the signature (looks like "Jim" or "Kim", the last three letters look like "ogh"). There appeared to be a hand engraved serial number on the first vinyl near the centre label (I don't think these records have ever been played) along with the initials "JD", and each of the vinyl sleeves is marked "A-B", "C-D", and "E-F" on both sides in pen.

It could be nothing (maybe an early copy for someone in particular?). I'm just not sure why it was written with a white/silver marker and handwritten. I've got a few other autographed albums from other artists that use very similar ink (usually gold or silver) and never black or brown, which makes me think that someone used a "fancy" marker for a reason, as if the name meant something.

Does anyone know who mastered/assembled the compilation? I can't find any information about the people involved past the artists featured on the vinyls. I'm wondering if maybe it was the AE working at Columbia/Sony TV or something.

-CMPX

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Welcome to the board!

I`m totally stumped by this signature!, but I know the first is Jim and last part the surname is burgh. But I did alot of research through this site and other sites too but none came up as it should! Sorry, I did tried my best for you.
    But, preserved it

stevie

PSN ID
    HaltAndCatchFire

Thanks for trying!

The vinyl itself came from a seller in Austria. Unfortunately it doesn't look like any of the bands came from there, but at the same time practically everything Wipeout related happened around that part of Europe- so I guess it could be anyone if the vinyl had changed hands before and made its way down from the UK. I've contacted TDR about this, maybe it was someone who worked for them. I'll post back if I get a response. Not sure if Tim Wright would know anything (CoLD SToRAGE), can't find an email for him- but I don't think he had anything to do with this particular vinyl, just the music for the original game (which has a totally different playlist).

-CMPX

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

It looks like "Jim Chrisburgh" from what I can try and guess. But searching that up brings up no results related to the vinyl (or anyone named that either)

Your best bet is to have a expert check it out, try pawn shops as they normally can identify signatures or at least know people who can. That's the best advice I can offer you sadly.