Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Unstoppable, Untouchable and Unbeatable Zico

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

uh oh, I gets me the feeling that Cypher and myself are next on your hit-list

*runs away

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Hehe terra, we can do it! Stand your ground!

Cipher

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Nah, you take the heat I'm sitting out til he does his carpal in hehe

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    possesed13

don't rest on your daphnes ho ho

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

My daphnes are sore, but my thumb healed ... however, the controller is still not turning left properly and so, though I'd prefer to wait til I break in the new one, I'm still gonna get online for some races this week... I'm itching for it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Still... 30.83 after 1000 laps...

I have broken three controllers, two TV screens (projector TV screens), a projector, a PS3, and a computer screen all in my futile efforts to try and get this trophy.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

can you record a run of your attempts and upload to youtube?

We here, will be able to spot where you may be able to tighten your lines, or how to get that air and timing for that difficult BR etc... bottom line is, if my hands can do it, so can yours.

Don't give up bud. We're here to help.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Will do as soon as I get the chance. Wait until I'm out of school (which should be in one month), and I should have a run ready to go.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Good stuff buddy I'll keep my eyes on this thread

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    possesed13

Quote Originally Posted by Mike458 View Post
    Still... 30.83 after 1000 laps...

I have broken three controllers, two TV screens (projector TV screens), a projector, a PS3, and a computer screen all in my futile efforts to try and get this trophy.
    My advice is stop trying to beat zico and start trying to beat online pilots in a few weeks youll beat zico while eating pizza!

PSN ID
    marcingru

@ Mike458 i got my ZicoT. after 600 laps spreded throug 2 years of playing , it was not easy since i just started playing online (was 20ish rank or something ) my effort was enormous but nothing helped..... when i came back from holiday after almost 5 weeks absence ive beat crap out of this trophy ;;;

Just play online , craft your skills and when you will see some progress try to beat it ,if that dont help take some break , relax your mind meaby that will help ,who knows ,worth to try. sometimes less is more

Timezone
    GMT + 1

@possesed13 said: "one at the beginning of the track just before the startline hit the turbo and pitch up...
    but only the HD ship flyes high enough to BR."

No, you can do that boost br start with any ship
    GG for beated Zico

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    possesed13

seems im missing smth, ill keep that in mind
    thnx!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Pitching to make your ship "bouncing", a good timing for the boost and a good line is the key. Try something like pitching up then down and then up again before boosting. And boost while the nose of your ship is reaching his "highest position". Also, don't br too quickly, stay pitching up a little more before barrel rolling. And slightly press the left airbreak while barrel rolling to corrected your line if needed.
    I hope it will help you, good luck

___

EDIT:
    @Mike458 said: "CGNStill... 30.83 after 1000 laps...

I have broken three controllers, two TV screens (projector TV screens), a projector, a PS3, and a computer screen all in my futile efforts to try and get this trophy."

Seriously?!! That's too much!
    You should do a break when u start getting too much frustrated.
    And like possessed13 said, practice online against good players first. Try again only when you'll feel enough comfortable on that track, it will make it easier.
    Don't get mad trying to beat Zico, just try yo enjoy the game
    Last edited by kleidoscopik_1er; 27th May 2014 at 11:29 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

WOW, that cost you quite a bit I imagine

I got Zico trophy totally by accident when I was teaching a friend how its possible to BR in places where none are obvious.

Didn't break anything, except Zico's time. lucky me.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    possesed13

Mike practice this... run with terra and when you reach about 4 sec behind him you can beat zico...

believe me it works... but no more breaking!

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

*blushes

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

First Platinum attempt, it probably took me around 80+ laps after having beat the campaign. Second play-through, I got it on the 2nd try.

The moral of the story is that if you are trying specifically to just Beat Zico, you will wind up being really good at Venom Anulpha Pass speedlaps. Barrel rolling in general requires practice, and the whole mechanics of it are worth taking time to understand. Once you get a good grip on barrel rolls, and turbo barrel rolls, you will be able to view the track in a different way. A barrel roll is worth about 1.5 seconds, but a well placed sideshift can be worth 0.5 seconds, and each speed pad hit is worth around 0.3-0.4 seconds. It is possible to beat Zico without landing the hard track split roll, but only first by being well rounded in all aspects of control. Lines matter too.

Beating Zico can be done numerous ways, with numerous different rolls. If you are struggling with beating Zico, I would advise doing some other races, or other speed laps. There are few pilots that have beat Zico that haven't first put their time in to master mechanics. Fundamentals make all the difference.