Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is using L1 & R1 as airbreaks eaiser or harder to use?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

There are a few factors to consider here: as already stated, if L1, R1 makes for easier sideshifts, then on Venom and Flash, stick with L1, R1 because you really won't brake much on those speeds. Likewise since airbraking is more common on higher speeds, then the ability to "feel out" the turn by using the digital L2, R2 provides optimal lines.

I personally got used to L2, R2, and I use that for every event. For me, it isn't bad sideshifting with them, and the ability to control airbrakes really helps when flying Icaras, which I always do, if I came to a full stop on each airbrake using L1 & R1, I would lose out to Feisars, Harimau, and AG systems on tighter turns.

What this really all boils down to is what you are used to. But I personally think that L2 R2 has a slight advantage overall.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

My hands are simply to big to use L1 R1, my hands just sit on the controller more comfortably using L2 R2. But I to also prefer the analog nature of the two triggers especially since I fly Feisar, press airbrake slightly once and I'm threw a tight corner on phantom

Timezone
    GMT + 12

I started playing WipEout on the PSP so I was naturally adjusted towards using L1 and R1 as airbrakes. I did, however, try and use L2 and R2; I found them to be accurate and precise with the amount of feedback you get from the airbrakes. I have the tendency to sideshift a lot, so using L2 and R2 doesn't really benefit me in that area, so I end up with using L1 and R1 instead. My airbreakes' sensitivity is set at approx. 60% ~ 80% so that I can have similar, if not the same, precise control you can get from L2 and R2.