Thread: A+ AG Systems Speed

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Default A+ AG Systems Speed

What is it about this ship that makes it so, so good at higher speed classes? I swear when it hits speed pads it absolustely flies off them!

I know there are hidden stats for ships that I don't know about, it's just that I hit better racing lines far more consistently with Qirex Speed but I can't get anywhere near my AG times. For a ship with only 70 Speed it's a rocket!

This isn't a "please nerf, this is unfair" thread. Racing by it's very nature will always have a more competent machine if they're not all exactly the same! I'm just interested.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

I mean, AG systems is the best team so......

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    manolis_angel

There is no acceleration stat in 2048, I think it depends on the shield. Since this ship has the weakest shield it can accelerate faster that anything else. It probably gets a greater boost from speedpads too.

A+ class is very fast so I don't think you can reach the top speed easily.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'll need to give this one a try myself. I raced a couple of people online on A+ class a couple of days ago using the Qirex Speed on Unity Square on Omega Collection. I didn't have the best of races admittedly, but one of them beat me by over 20 seconds using the AG Systems Speed!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I'm finding it difficult to nail down a definitive answer.

I've been experimenting on Queens Mall. It's not a technical circuit, and with it's heavier turning Qirex can nail some turns beautifully. However, from the shortcut before the long swooping left hander with the many, many speed pads AG just disappears into the distance.

I think it says a lot when the leader-board is mostly dominated by Feisar Prototype on the slower speed classes, but A+ is almost entirely dominated by AG Speed, even on the tracks where you hit the same number of speed pads and take the same route at lower speeds. For whatever reason the FP's speed bonus is nullified.

Again, I don't want this to sound like I'm complaining, I'd just like to understand the ships better. The bit that baffles me the most is how AG seems to pull away on the straights when it's meant to only have 70 speed.
    Last edited by OBH; 20th June 2017 at 06:52 PM.

I had sent suggestions for 2048 that the game was completely unbalanced with the ships. The two easiest ships to use(steer), ag systems speed and feisar speed were the fastest ships, even in Time Trial. I recommended the Faster, harder to steer ships be faster in time trial (if both are piloted perfectly) as like in the earlier wipeouts, or many other racing games. This is the reason you would pick a fast slippery ship, because it's faster if you can do it. You would also risk hitting more using it, so multiplayer could be balanced. I also stated most of the ships are useless as they aren't even close to being competitive, and why pilot a "fast" "speed"ship if they are harder to use, and way slower even if you control them perfectly. They said they were tweaking some, but keeping it almost the same. I love the game now, don't get me wrong, but I'll be using AG all day in races.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by greenymac View Post
    I mean, AG systems is the best team so......
    Shameless graphic design plug from an artist (though I'm actually an Icaras forever pilot)... Is this kind of how you feel?:

AG_Omega.png