Thread: Why does different genres of music doesn't belong in Wipeout HD Fury as a custom music mix?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Default Why does different genres of music doesn't belong in Wipeout HD Fury as a custom music mix?

I just like to ask you a question. If you put different genres of music that doesn't belong in wipeout HD Fury as a custom music mix, what kind of reactions might you get if you put different genres of music as a custom mix that might give people a headache or worse?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

They would probably say I'm not playing.
    Luckily your choice of soundtrack while playing HD/FURY will only ever be heard by you, or anybody else in your room, it won't effect anybody playing you online, they will be listening to their own track choices.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Whatever kind of music i put on my playlists, i get headaches from the microfreezes now and then, which happen sometimes when ps3 reads next song. It´s not too often, i guess its caused by fragmented data on hdd.
    I´m not sure, but i think this is post2.51patch only?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It might be related to the Bit Rate of the MP3 files.
    The lower the Bit Rate, the more Headache inducing the playback is.

If you have 128kb MP3, then you might as well swallow a packet of Panadol before starting a session, the headache inducing MP3 compression will certainly give you one.

I wish the PS3 [WO HD] would allow FLAC files to be played back.
    If you compare FLAC to MP3, even 320kbp's MP3's, the MP3 sounds compressed and has a nasty spikey "Hard Etched" quality to the sound, which ends up giving you the head aches.

Bottom line.
    If you have no choice other than to use MP3, then use the highest bit rate you can .... MP3-320kps

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

Yesterday i created new playlist with only clean 320kbps mp3s, and yes, there were less microfreezes, except one as i was beating my ghost in TT

And for headaches i recommend "DYSRYTHMIA"(jazz-metal) or the early albums of the genius "SONIC YOUTH" (alternative-rock). They do no harm to me, but i get sick when i must hear bad hip-hop like EMINEM...

edit: To answer your question i have a nice example of music normally not fitting into wipeout-universe:
    Today i was racing a tournament with trigger-happy pilots(deepee,aiirwolf,bluewolf,jay7,etc..) and midst tournament in the heat of battleing my new playlist played the theme-song of the Spaghettiwestern(aka Euro-Western) "For A Few Dollars More" (1965) by Ennio Morricone
    here´s the song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4x7RchYCMc
    Last edited by Danterich; 24th February 2014 at 07:21 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

There is a classic line from that movie.

Clint Eastwood says to Lee Van Cliff.
    "I heard I shot one of your friends"!

Lee Van Cliff's reply is.
    "I don't have any friends"!

Gun fight ensues
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 7th March 2014 at 12:26 PM.