Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: AVALON 2014 - PHONEIX -Gen Zone meet's Legends

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hello.
    @blackwiggle, i think you forget the main thing here: explain us what Avalon is .
    Everyone seems to know what it will be but i don't, so i think i'm not the only one. Could you explain the event in detail please?
    Is it a tournament? Rules? Which speed class/game modes/tracks/etc ?
    Also, what phoneix gen-zone means?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

well Kleido, Avalon is essentially a weekend long gettogether for all pilots
    it's where you race, chat and generally meet everyone in the community, it has been a large part of what has made the woz community what it is. it isn't exactly a tournament though. if anything I would say it's a track day. everyone gets on and races, race times are logged but there are no winners as such. as for modes and classes well... we generally refrain from doing eliminator and zone battle events but there is nothing to say that that cant happen during the event, I don't know how strictly this will be followed but generally hosts will do what we call grand prix which is every track in succesion weapons on and weapons off before moving on.
    then there are the enduros 10-20 laps weps on/off depending on host and er... yeah thats it really speed classes aren't that important as such but most of us old guys will be playing phantom.

hope that helps

Timezone
    GMT + 1

@Orix Crake: Oh ok, thx . Because you all set up a special week-end for the event, i was thinking it will be something different.
    I remember playing a little this kind of events on some fridays last year.

I understand that old wipeout players like going phantom, but barrel rolling as much as possible on venom/flash is alot of fun two

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rossriders_86

Assuming I don't run into too many problems, I'd love to give this a shot when I can and meet some pilots.

Granted I'm still a 'newbie' and while I'm getting a handle on phantom class with heavier/slower turning craft...I've got ways to go. It'll be something though. If I can make it, I will.

PSN: Rossriders_86
    time: GMT: -5.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

Will be possible for me to dig in, if nothing unexpected falls on me.

PSN ID : Mikahail
    GMT+1

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I apologise for plugging this video again, but I'm doing it here because it's available for non-members to see also. They can't see the pilots lounge:

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    TrueEndurance

PSN: True Endurance
    Time Zone: GMT -7

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

thats a cool PSN name

PSN ID
    novide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iz_f476sWI

a video mix from avalon late 2009 until 2011

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ericd7m

Very nice work on these videos terra-wrists, novide Hope many will come back and play again !

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Nice work on those videos, guys. I'm also excited about this meeting!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Hey hey!

mannjon
    GMT - 6

@xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix, I would LOVE to race some on a slower speed class. I don't think enough people appreciate a good acrobat at slower speeds!

I might be able to help host. I'm in the US/Mexico/Canada time zone.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    Hey hey!

mannjon
    GMT - 6

@xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix, I would LOVE to race some on a slower speed class. I don't think enough people appreciate a good acrobat at slower speeds!
    i like your attitude and im also looking forward to that meeting. During that period i will already have done most examens. Thus i can focus on speed.
    Last edited by xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix; 5th March 2014 at 09:26 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

PSN ID: Lightbuster88
    GMT: -8

Hope I'm not late to the party.

If I can find time between my Titanfall sessions and if I don't run into too many problems before then.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix View Post
    i like your attitude and im also looking forward to that meeting. During that period i will already have done most examens. Thus i can focus on speed.
    yeah me too. But you're a BEAST beast on slower speeds though. Seriously - A BEAST!!! very VERY ridiculously fast. Eats BR's for breakfast in your sleep man.

The few times I've been in rooms with xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix, i've been very impressed by his skill set.

If only I had what it takes to take what he's got not happening.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    yeah me too. But you're a BEAST beast on slower speeds though. Seriously - A BEAST!!! very VERY ridiculously fast. Eats BR's for breakfast in your sleep man.

The few times I've been in rooms with xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix, i've been very impressed by his skill set.

If only I had what it takes to take what he's got not happening.
    Lol, boy calm down every playet has his pro n cons. Mine lay in venom and flash. Therefore im worse than 95% of player hanging around here at phantom, lol

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

same here I suck at phantom. Makes my eyes bleed I just love FLASH speed the most. SS BR nose up BR etc, such a rush when you fly over other pilot ships. I really want to play but I have a migraine for the past week. Wisdom tooth related.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

@Terra: Just removed all your wisdom teeth, you'll feel better and will no more have this kind of problems.

@2aizza: I'll probably be there the friday, maybe some more. Waiting for you on venom/flash, i don't really wanna play phantom and i'm scared to have no one to play with most of the time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by kleidoscopik_1er View Post
    @Terra: Just removed all your wisdom teeth, you'll feel better and will no more have this kind of problems.

@2aizza: I'll probably be there the friday, maybe some more. Waiting for you on venom/flash, i don't really wanna play phantom and i'm scared to have no one to play with most of the time.
    Now we need to convince only texasalex to join our group

PSN ID
    DIXI200

Hello to all.
    But what the day of the event? .. Unfortunately for about 10 days I have problems with the internet at home, perhaps within a week everything is resolved but I do not know ...: (
    if I am available on weekends or in the evening, I will be there to participate.
    DIXI200