Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Your random thoughts of today

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

As for E3
    I'm sort of warily happy of Squares announcement of a FFVII remake, I just hope they don't screw it up by modernising it so much it bares a scant resemblance to the original we all know and love......looking at that trailer has me worried.

Watching the Uncharted 4 trailer....to be totally honest, I thought, hang on, isn't this the opening to Uncharted 3?, I must have to wrong video....it felt like I had already played it...Uncharted 3 was a foot race through a market, the only difference this time was it changed to a car chase though the same.
    Naughty Dog say it's going to be the last Uncharted....once it's released they get on with finishing the sequel the The Last of Us ....which I'm really looking forward too ...Currently discounted at the PStore to VERY Cheap!!!

As for Sony's TV's.
    The new spec's are more than just resolution, it's a wider colour gamut and a different reference Black / White level.
    Sony's new [2015] TV's, none of them are to this spec, but they are trying to fool people into thinking they are.
    Some of the new 4k TV's have the Playstation NOW streaming app built in, so you don't need a PS3/4 to use the service, not that means anything if it's not available in your country....or if you are not prepared to pay the seemingly exorbitant rental prices Sony is charging.

As for 8k, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Several reasons for that, file size of media being the main one - it's either going to be far to big to download + take days to do so + slowing down you internet for doing other things while it's downloading [if you are single, not much of a problem, but a household with multiple internet users, I don't think so].
    Physical media - the new double density Bluray discs can handle 4k [It took 2 standard Bluray disc's for the Hobbit in 1080p 3D]- no way 8k - unless some magical new lossless compression algorithm is invented.
    Then you have actual perceived better picture of 8k over 4k over 1080p....here's a chart showing what size screen you would need to actually see a difference and at what distance from that screen.
    Attachment 9527

I got a email from Sony 3 weeks ago inviting me to the first showing of the 2015 range of 4k TV's in Australia, I went on Monday.

Sony did their presentation, then asked if there were any questions, I asked are all these TV's at true 4k spec's?, they said Yes, I then asked, so they all have the new wide colour gamut and white black/ level "Ready for Bluray Ultra HD"?...and then it was a hesitant, [Sony staff start looking at each other in a "What do I say" sort of look] err, well actually no.....So these TV's aren't true 4k spec, but you are promoting them as that?....err well, um....

The other people who had sat through the demo then all wanted to know what it is I was talking about, as they didn't know that these TV were as good as out of date before they hit the shops, it's then the Sony rep had to sheepishly come clean, and boy was he embarrassed.

I had a about 10 people come up to me after that and thank me for letting them know, as they were prepared to pre order then and there....mutterings of %^$# Sony.
    I told them the same thing is happening with Samsung and LG as far as I know, and they are better off wait a year till the real 4K TV's come out.

It just pissed me off that corporations are willing to do that, and expect their staff to cover up facts, if not downright lie for them..... I sort of feel for the staff as well who are put in that position.
    These same companies then wonder why they loose consumer confidence....... I mean how often do you drop UK 2k -3k pounds on a "new release" TV [Aus $5k-7K], wouldn't you be angry if you suddenly found a few weeks later it was already old technology.

Timezone
    GMT -6

so now my brother has his own account for his vita it's MadDriver11 mine is RPK111. For ps3/4 my account is GolfKilo11.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

I retract my earlier statement about E3, I found out they are making another South Park game That Stick of Truth was the best laugh I'd had in ages, much recommended.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

I had a dream last night. It was E3 and I was in this shopping mall/school hybrid thing, and a TV monitor came up displaying Sony's conference. They showed a new WipEout game called "WipEout 2116." It looked pretty slick. I was upset when I found out it was just a dream.

Well AGgamer, we must have connected brains, because I had such a dream last night too: out of the blue, "Wipeout 252" (sic) was revealed.

It had some shitty design and terrible graphics, but I was so hyped that it didn't matter.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    It had some shitty design
    Was one of the ships a yellow one with wheels for some reason? like 2-3 wheels? most of the other ships seemed to fly like normal.

No, actually it was more of an F-Zero kind of design, with larger tracks and natural environments rather than the usual WipeOut cities

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

If two people on opposite sides of the world dropped a slice of bread at the same time, the world would become a sandwich.

I should stop thinking too hard

That's actually quite profound.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Biggest storm I have ever seen in my life happened last night. We dont get a long of ones like that in Scotland, never mind Edinburgh. We had lightning going off every few seconds across the whole sky everywhere. Pretty much surrounded by lightning. Im petrified of storms so my fear was off the chart. Went on for over 2 hours. My conclusion is that I could never live anywhere apart from the UK, Im not equipped for mega weather.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I'm melting

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    I'm melting
    Is that right? Might want to do something about that sharpish.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire_WZ View Post
    If two people on opposite sides of the world dropped a slice of bread at the same time, the world would become a sandwich.

I should stop thinking too hard
    It's actually a thing. It's called "earth sandwich" and one interesting fact about it is that it's not that simple to make it. Here is map, where orange spots represents opposite sides of earth with dry land.
    http://www.asamnet.de/~altendom/stuf...ch_options.jpg

But that's the planisphere applied to a cylinder, not on a sphere. You need to join the opposite side of Earth by going through its center, so technically it's not corresponding to the Earth sandwich theory

I'm sure such a map, for a sphere, exists somewhere.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

The North American X-15 is the worlds fastest manned aircraft with the world record of 4,520 miles per hour (7,274 km/h), or Mach 6.72.
    Now if the X-15 had an unlimited supply of fuel and was cruising at an altitude of 19.3 miles (31.1 km) at which its top speed could be achieved, how long would it take the aircraft to travel around the Earth once?

Around the Equator, with:

d1 (Earth Mean Radius) = 6.371.000 meters
    d2 (d1 + X-15 elevation) = 6.402.100 meters
    P1 (Earth Circumference) = 40.075.017 meters

P2 (Trajectory Perimeter) = 2πd2 = 40.225.580 meters

40.225.580 ÷ 7.274.000 = 5.53 hours

... or ~5 hours 31 minutes 41 seconds
    Last edited by AdHoc; 4th July 2015 at 02:39 AM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

^ Wow, I have to give you some respect for that
    I can establish you must be smarter than me at physics and what not (I'm more of a biologist) xD

It's just basic mathematics and logic

The only formula you need to now by heart is 2 x Pi_x, the rest is pure deduction

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by Knux_Chaotix View Post
    Biggest storm I have ever seen in my life happened last night. We dont get a long of ones like that in Scotland, never mind Edinburgh. We had lightning going off every few seconds across the whole sky everywhere. Pretty much surrounded by lightning. Im petrified of storms so my fear was off the chart. Went on for over 2 hours. My conclusion is that I could never live anywhere apart from the UK, Im not equipped for mega weather.
    Aye!, that was 530 in the morning!! Never seen so much rain for a while! equivalent, a week of normal rain in one hour!!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Love f***s you dry from behind

Sorry, I am in a bad mood