Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Your random thoughts of today

Timezone
    GMT -6

so..... my town is flooded. I have to make this quick before my internet dies again. We had a HUGE storm in the Houston area and now most of everything is flooded. Luckily though, my neighborhood isn't. They've issued a flood emergency. Attachment 9504

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

I really hope you guys can bounce back from this. I've been hearing a lot about the floods from here in Australia and we know how bad it is from our own recent experiences.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah, I saw pictures of HUSTON under water.
    As Keg_11 said, we have just been through several weeks of extreme storms here in OZ ...good luck, I hope you don't lose and gear due to water damage.

Speaking of which, I just went to turn on my projector so it could warm up the lamp for tonight's "State of Origin" rugby league match ...Boo Hoo, the bloody thing has died on me, I guess being left on stand by for 10 years will do that to you, I think it's just the power supply ....I had only about 15 hours on the new Lamp [which cost me $500]...not sure if I should get it fixed which would probably cost me another $500, or look at getting a new native 4K 3D unit.... a bit of a jump in expense though....I'd be looking at around $10k-12k for a new Sony VW350s projector, they haven't even arrived in the country yet , plus it would mean I would need to update my HT amp to 4K pass through, another expense [the Current Yamaha is just 2 years old]....truth is that I have rarely used the projector since getting the Sony 3D TV ..... I might be better off just upgrading the TV for around $5k, getting the PJ fixed for $500 and just use it for gaming [Formula Fusion and PSP WO's VIA PSTV or PC emulation]

I love (read: hate) how people don't call me on the phone for most of the week, but then call me at like 8AM on the only day I can sleep late.

Timezone
    GMT -6

My neighborhood isn't flooded because we're not by a lake. (we have many lakes draining into the gulf of Mexico) Apparently only towns close to lakes are flooded. One by one the dams overflow spilling water into cities below. The town I used to live in had to have a water rescue. Sure glad I moved!

Timezone
    GMT -6

okay this isnt 'random' or off topic but this is my first post from a psvita! and also im in maui! (hawaii)

Attachment 9514

Attachment 9515

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Congrats! I was going to go to Maui as well, but the great outdoors just isn't my thing really. I hope it isn't too hot there. I'm in Canada and I'm scorched! I can only imagine what Hawaii must be like.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Actually, the weather is perfect. What is the temp in Canada? Im from Texas, so back home we have temperatures up to 105 around this time of year. by the way, my psn id on my vita is RPK111. It is a shared account with my brother, but if it's winning its me jk xD

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Well, it was 24'C today (75.2'F) With a lot of humidity, so shade could only get you so far. In Canada, this is about the maximum I can stand for very long. We're used to the cold.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Down here in humid sticky Alabama, we have temps in the high 80's, near 100% humidity with scattered showers later.

Timezone
    GMT -6

75? That would be a miracle to have something like that in Texas in summer!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Here in Westphalia the post-guys are protesting, means that I wait for over 2 weeks for a letter send by Saramica

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

A package i ordered was returned to sender because apparently my address "does not exist" o_O
    This is a first lol

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

A package for my father arrived today, but still not my letter.
    Damn you Post! XP

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

I was born and raised in Scotland. I still live here. Scotland is best known for whisky, bagpipes, haggis and ultimately its crap weather. We can experience all 4 seasons in one day no matter what time of year it is. We're used to the freezing cold and rain... It has been about 20 degrees plus for the last few days. I may die soon. I cannot cope with hot weather. There is no breeze and no clouds, just sun... Cool down tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

With my experience of 35 to 40 degree summers i'll give some tips

House, If without air-con:
    Keep curtains closed
    Open windows at night
    if two story house, downstairs is cooler
    avoid using appliances that can produce heat as much as possible

Yourself:
    keep hydrated - keep a jug of water in the fridge
    eat cool food
    use a spray bottle to mist yourself with water if needed
    if sitting for a while, soak feet in cold water

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Today Sara and I celebrate the 123 days anniversary of our great friendship ^^

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

happy belated celebration ^^

I'm thinking today how E3 has offered me nothing to get excited about

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The last Guardian got final release YAH!
    The PS4 got a half arsed Media Player after being initially sold with none. [Still no Red Book CD playback, no WAV or FLAC files playback ... so basically it's useless to pretty much everybody ]

Please, Honestly, put me in charge of Sony for 6 months, I could turn the whole company around.

By the way, hold off buying a PS4 or any new 4k TV or Bluray player if you haven't bought one already.
    Sony has applied for accreditation for sale of two new PS4's, both of which have bigger HD's, I suspect they will also ship with Bluray drive capable of playing back 4k Bluray discs.

The new Bluray Ultra HD spec's were only ratified a few weeks ago, any current model TV or Bluray player that isn't showing this logo will NOT be compatible with the TRUE 4k standard.
    That includes the entire "Yet to hit the stores" 2015 range of Sony TV's /Projectors.
    ultra-hd-blu-ray-logo.jpg

Yes folks, you friends at Sony are quite prepared to try and fool you into thinking you are buying the newest technology with their 2015 range of 4 K Tv's, in the full knowledge that they know that is not true.
    Pay several thousand pounds on a new TV and find it's out of date 6 months later ...what is your perception of Sony now?

They wonder why consumer confidence had gone down the drain and their stock prices have plummeted.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 16th June 2015 at 12:38 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by stinkleroy View Post
    I'm thinking today how E3 has offered me nothing to get excited about
    exactly what i am thinking right now. i was hoping they'll introduce 'Project Morpheus' big time, but it was merely 5minutes of the conference. BIG disappointment for me, AGAIN!

@blackwiggle: just wait and sit it out, until 8k is mainstream. 4k is just an in between solution. until 8k is ready, 1080p will do it just fine. most HDTV channels deliver just 720p anyways. i have over 30 HDTV channels (satellite) and none of them is in 1080p.

iPhone 7 + galaxy s7 will have 4k screens, hear my words
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 17th June 2015 at 03:20 PM.