Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Your random thoughts of today

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

After sinking +200hrs and getting into several top 5 and 10 positions on Fast Racing NEO, going back to Wipeout was a catastrophe waiting to happen

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Fireuser1995

Today is just awful....

My Grandfather just died.

I swear, 2016 is the worst year of my life.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Seconded. I still haven't gotten my phone back, for instance, and probably never will... which means 80% of my privacy/social life is gone forever.

Edit: I also lost my dog only a week or so ago. And quite a few other things happened this year that just SUCKED.
    Edit P.S.: Basically, we've had enough bullshit in this one year to last us until the Year 2032 Problem... do we really need MORE bullshit on top of it?
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 8th November 2016 at 11:00 PM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtfulSystem_95 View Post
    My Grandfather just died.
    Makes two of us, I lost my Grandfather on October 8th just gone, it sucks really bad. Gives us a shout if you need someone to talk to bud.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Fireuser1995

Thanks.

Timezone
    GMT -6

It seems that my hat has completely evaporated this morning. I can't find it anywhere.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I would like somebody to draw this:

TURBO-TOILET:
    As a social experiment, the FX-400 Race Commission has modified this toilet seat for Phantom-Class AG Racing.

EDIT: Funniest thing ever.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Y59_Jjxe4N3pZo
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 16th November 2016 at 10:59 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

A cheat code used in Formula 1 97 to have "WipEout Mode". I call it the original "Formula Fusion"

Last edited by TheConzio; 8th December 2016 at 12:33 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

I thought this was interesting

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

You do realise that statement was largely influenced by marketing right?
    Photorealism in games is still far from reality, particles, realistic lighting & shadows, reflections, dynamic visual changes and the lack of perfection (everything is too clean, cars do not look as if they are standing in a show room during races, something a lot of racers fail to understand (WO HD does it good though)) all lag behind

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

ending sequence of 'Rogue One', just so good
    makes Star Wars great again

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Failed my driving theory test by one mark but aced the hazard perception test, how frustrating >.<

(Theory pass mark is 43/50 correct and I got 42)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm thinking "Thank God it's over".

On Monday last, I removed everything from my lounge room so I could clean the carpet.....sounds boring doesn't it.
    That meant stripping down my Home Theater setup ......It had to be done, I live in central Sydney, and the pollution from cars [fine black grit] builds up on everything, as I leave my balcony door open.
    Took me a day to strip it down, and clean the carpet.....then crashed out, carpet now clean.

Next day started rethinking how to improve my lounge room [so it looks neater re cabling ]
    Decided on getting some conduit, and running the cables for the 4 surround speakers + the HDMI cable to the newly fixed Projector....went to the hardware store and bought what I thought I needed.
    Mucho Mucho swearing, and nearly weeping in frustration of a plan, just not happening.....let it sit and went and bought a couple of bottles of wine

ARGH! Next day, Pissing down raining, can't cycle to the hardware shop in this.....a few hours later, no rain, YaH !, go to hardware shop, get what's needed, then Wammo, conduit up a room cabling looking a damm site neater.

After another several hours labeling all the input & output ends of each cable [If building a complex system, you have to do this] and, putting masking tape on the power board, writing what plug goes where, I was ready to wire up ...

This would be around the 6th rebuild of my system......I've learn't a LOT about what works and what doesn't, RE PS 2, 3 and 4, you need to have utilize the optional AUDIO OUT, PS 2 & 4 use Optical, PS3 uses Analog when wiring into a HT Surround amp.

WHY ?, well some games like ROCKSMITH don't track well via HDMI, but will if using a different audio output, So I use a optional Analog for the PS3 and optional Optical for the PS4....works well, if still a PITA to wire up.

So, 4 days after I cleaned my carpet I have finally finished putting it all back together, it looks so neat, I'm glad I didn't give up on the project....I think having to wire 6 components to use the internet added to the frustration [ I have thick concrete walls, WiFi just fails for me between rooms ] so I had to use Ethernet cables.

Yamaha Surround amp.
    Inputs [5] : Laptop - HDMI, PS4- HDMI + Optical[dual audio inputs], PS3- HDMI + Analog[Dual audio inputs], PSTV - HDMI, PS2 - Component + Optical Audio, DVR- HDMI
    Outputs: [2] Sony TV, Sony Projector.
    3 Powerboards with 14 pieces of gear plugged in.
    Ethernet all cabled [6]: Laptop, TV, Surround Amp [For Internet Radio + Network ], PS4, PS3, DVR

You can hardly see a cable anywhere.....Mission accomplished ....feeling very happy about the end result......but F*&K it was a frustrating thing to do.
    I'll edit and post a photo when I can.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 6th January 2017 at 09:44 AM.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Pics or it didn't happen!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Here a few pictures
    First is of the lounge room showing usual day time setup......I removed the center channel and subwoofer as they were overkill, as the big Harbeth SHL5's were doing a better job of it without them, you can see the projector sitting on the wall shelf on the left, along with the B&W floor standers and near ceiling mounted.
    Full lounge shot (1 of 1).jpg

This with the motorized screen down in front of the now closed curtains
    Full lounge shot (1 of 1)-2.jpg

Last one is with WO 2048 being projected on a 2m across screen, courtesy of the PSTV hack.
    Full lounge shot (1 of 1).jpg
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 9th January 2017 at 09:30 PM.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Hmmm. Those didn't work.

Way to open a can of worms!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

OOP's , Fixed.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Nice one - great setup!

Timezone
    GMT -6

I accidentally imported an ImpulseTracker song into Audacity. And it worked.
    WHEN DID THEY ADD THIS FEATURE?!

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Life is short, life is unpredictable. Tell people how you feel, live every day to its fullest potential, life is too short... I've said similar before, but every now and then things happen that make you take another look at life and take stock of it. Just dont waste your time here.