GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

I stumbled across this today

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheConzio View Post
    I stumbled across this today
    Wow, uncanny as hell. And scary. And funny. I think someone's watching too many "I, robot".

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Germanistgeek22

boy, that is creepy. that stare towards the end of the video is giving me nightmares.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Fireuser1995

That's pretty cool! Scary and creepy, but cool!

You mean screepy?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Fireuser1995

Yes. Somebody should call Webster and put it in the dictionary.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

I cant trust anything in this house. Nothing in here is what it seems. I found a mini bottle of Jagermeister, so naturally I took a drink... Only to get a mouth full of glitter. In case anyone else is curious, glitter has no flavour.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

So today I joined a gym as part of my own aspirations and Dr's advice, gonna be doing lots of cardio exercises to help my heart and make sure it stays healthy now. It also gives me an excuse to start building muscles x)
    (Because I'm a stickman in reality)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Should I take up Luthiery [Musical instrument maker] as a profession when I retire [not that long to go ....probably the oldest active person on the forum since Vance hasn't posted in ages ]
    There are courses being run, but they are 2.5 hours by Train away from me.
    The courses lasts 35 weeks, and is one day per week for 4 hours.
    The big problem for me is that means it would be me going to work, then finishing work, then traveling 2.5 hours+ to the place where the course is being held, spend 4 hours there, 30 minutes back to train station, then another 2.5 hours back again, then get home.
    A LONG DAY !!!
    Then be bright eyed and bushy tailed for work the next day...yeah right... I doubt it.
    To do that 35 times....TBH I don't think I have the patience to do that amount of traveling
    Pity no course available closer, at least at the moment.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

@ Knux, you know they say that glitter is the "Herpes" of craft supplies because you just can't get rid of it.

Case in point? Wifey had this brilliant idea to add some flair to Christmas gifts and cards this year. Seems innocent enough, until mannjon goes to the cabinet to get a big @ss mug to pour a pint of stout craft brew beer into. My first sip is a little gritty. I think nothing of it, it is craft beer afterall so maybe it is just part of this beer's appeal. Then later I hear "Honey? Why is there glitter on your lips?" Turns out the glass was tainted with glitter. The damn cabinet is nowhere NEAR the craft supplies, and it has been near 6 months now since the glitter inception first began. So this elicits a good question: Why is there glitter in my mug? An even better question might be: "OMG!!!!! HOW MUCH GLITTER DID I JUST DRINK? WILL I LIVE? WILL I TURN INTO A UNICORN?" I am presently not a Unicorn, but my prognosis is unknown. I will keep everyone updated.

I would like to add there is no WebMD entry for glitter ingestion, though there really should be because I'm sure it happens more often than we would care to admit as a civilized society. I hear stomach acid can digest concrete. Though I've never tried it personally, I'm sure my stomach was like WTF is this? when it hit the glitter and just decided to get rid of it. Hopefully there is none in my bloodstream. That being said, I have been listening to a lot of Diplo and Calvin Harris lately. Maybe I should get blood work done.

Washed the glass, and guess what I see at the bottom??? A freaking coating of glitter. That stuff never goes away.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

got myself a PS4 yesterday, and i must say its most underwhelming at best. 'PS4 just does nothing' at all really. im not a ps+ description owner, cause it's not worth the money. no video, nor music capabilities at all. just gaming, and that not even in native 1080/60p. im really playing with the thought to exchange it for a wii u...

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Know what would make the PS4 feel a lot more worthwhile of a purchase?

A new WipEout game to play on it, of course!

What? Did you THINK you'd find a different answer around here? lol

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Juissi-mehu

I was weighing around the option of whether or not to do a post declaring my return to WZ - but I guess I'm not going to.

Also, dang I need some cake.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    got myself a PS4 yesterday, and i must say its most underwhelming at best. 'PS4 just does nothing' at all really. im not a ps+ description owner, cause it's not worth the money. no video, nor music capabilities at all. just gaming, and that not even in native 1080/60p. im really playing with the thought to exchange it for a wii u...
    Oh crap, are you going to feel even worse in a month or so, if as strongly rumored, Sony releases a more powerful version of the PS4 so it can run it's VR helmet.

Actually, with the latest system update, the PS4 isn't too bad [Apart from lack of decent games], it's certainly a LOT faster to navigate and use the PSN, the PS3 is absolutely slug like in comparison .

Hello
    Just thought about reinventing our old pal P.Belmondo as a racer. born later, obvs.

Any ideas?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

You know, after recently getting my own PS4 I have 2 games. Fallout 4 which I loved until the latest DLC screwed up my save game files and Farcry 4 which is almost identical to all the other Farcry games. As it turns out, I'm VERY underwhelmed, I don't really care much for a PS+ account, and I despise indie games. In fact, had Sony put a little more effort into 1st party and good 3rd party software, the Vita might have even been a success. How many COD games can anyone possibly need?

At this point, I'm hoping Doom will be worth the wait, but after playing the Final Fantasy 15 Demo, I'm now sad about that future release, and will probably wait until it hits the bargain bin. Despite being produced by Bethesda, Doom may yet hold some promise with its dedication to old school RPG action.

Bottom line is that the PS4 is on the verge of making too many non needed sequels and is risking becoming a next gen Indie console in my opinion. All the current racing games out there are garbage and I don't really have much faith that the genre will see any kind of attention it deserves. It is early on in the console's lifespan, but I hate to admit that I'm using my Wii U way more these days. I don't care how cool the system is. Without games, I'm still bored. I'm SICK AND TIRED of crappy rehashed sequels to games that should have died a long time ago. I also HATE indie games. If you really want to play Indie games, just dig up an old 8-16 bit console or get a good emulator. You'll get the same experience but with a more polished finished game.

Seriously though, how many more COD and Assassin's Creed games can they possibly make? I never thought I'd be so bored with a next gen console. You really should get a Wii U. I highly recommend it. Because at this point, it seems like PS4 is sinking to be a console of utter irrelevance. One shining light is the No Man's Sky which comes out in June. Aside from that I literally have nothing to look forward to. Presently, Wii U has a few gems: MK8 is great, I personally LOVE Skylanders and the system exclusives make it the obvious system of choice for it, Xenoblade Chronicles X is awesome too (though nowhere near as good as the first), Monster Hunter 3 U is incredible and I personally have over 1000 hours in that alone, Open World Zelda is coming soon, and the Bayonetta Exclusive is another top rate must have and unlike the later PS3's and PS4, you can still play old Wii games. I never thought I'd say it, but I think presently Nintendo's doomed and forgotten Wii U is winning the next gen console race for me.

If you are really bored, Open Beta for Battleborn is going on right now. But I can't really say anything good about that either as I'd rather play a Mature rated game that involves many guns (like say, Borderlands anyone?). I think that Doom open beta is going to hit soon too. The top rated game on the PS4 stateside these days is The Last of Us HD. A rehashed version of a dated mediocre game in my own opinion. I'll take RE4 over that any day. Does Sony even care anymore?

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Yesterday I lost my best friend to cancer, he only had two more weeks left of chemotherapy and was expected to make a full recovery. But unexpectedly he passed away in his sleep, the cancer cells managed to get into his heart and just stopped it dead. I knew him since year 2 of primary school and we were the bestest of friends, but I now know he has moved on to a place where he is finally at peace.
    RIP Dan, I'll miss you.

I now know which charity I'll be fundraising for next.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Ugh, that sucks man. My condolences.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I know what you mean.
    Where are the games for the PS4.....where the hell is the "Last Guardian"
    95% of the free games released for the PS4 under the PS+ banner, I do a search on before downloading blindly..... put it this way.... I have a very empty PS4 HD....the games on the PS3 seem better IMHO

Hell, I've even had to resorted to replaying / Downloading / paying for ... The Last of Us..... just for something decent to play on the PS4......Fallout 4 , I bought, but just can't get into, Far Cry 4...lost me when having to do tournament events to get trophies [Yes I like to Platinum games]

Snakenator1
    My Sympathies.
    I lost my Mother to Breast cancer when I was 20.
    She had been in and out of remission for 7 years, well since I was a kid, it just came back and ravished her totally ..... Oh well...**** happens .... life goes on....you can't dwell on these things...... if you do, well you become sort of useless, and end up wavering about doing nothing [speaking from personal experience]
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 14th April 2016 at 01:21 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Ain't a power in the 'verse that can bring me down.

I've had Bronchitis now for 1 whole week, coughing to the point of shortness of breath. Just got done having a root canal and I can't feel my face (in a bad way), and I just got home to had an urge to see if I could beat Zico. Did it first try, first lap, no BSB. Take that Universe *cough* *cough, cough, cough* *ow*

For everyone that likes the Bethesda Fallout type games, has there been a good mix of open world and survival horror? I know that Dead whatever it was called was close, but I'm looking for something that is immersive as Fallout, with creepy overtones similar to the way silent hill was. Just imagine a resident Evil game that had an open world to explore of Racoon City. OR........... what if they made a Walking Dead game that was a first person shooter/RPG with an open world to explore. Tell me that wouldn't revive the PS4. Think about it, in the show, they go from camp to camp. They pick up sparsely available supplies and learn skills along the way. I wouldn't want the perma death motif in there, but I'm sure they could work around that somehow by maybe using some plot development and discover some few people are immune. Still likely to get killed, but immune from being zombies. Just a thought.