Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Elite Campaign Legend trophy is a major pain?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

I love the diversity of skill WipEout brings out from everyone. I'm like the exact opposite to what Zzonkmiles said lol.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Pontiac400

It is interesting, especially with tracks. My two worst tracks are chenghou and vineta! I've noticed chenghou bothers some but I seem to be the only one who struggles with vineta lol, it's just so dang narrow and uneven, I can't get my lines right, especially trying to wrestle my Icaras down that track is a nightmare haha yet Sol is one of my favorite/best tracks, same with über mall

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by AGSys View Post
    I love the diversity of skill WipEout brings out from everyone. I'm like the exact opposite to what Zzonkmiles said lol.
    yeah me too

I also hate the offline mode though, too frustrating knowing there are peeps racing online.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

The only trouble I ever had with this trophy was every single event that was on sol 2. I'm actually very good at the track but I don't know why I had so much trouble with those events.
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 21st February 2014 at 02:14 PM.

PSN ID
    idloveacupoft

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchemous View Post
    It is interesting, especially with tracks. My two worst tracks are chenghou and vineta! I've noticed chenghou bothers some but I seem to be the only one who struggles with vineta lol, it's just so dang narrow and uneven, I can't get my lines right, especially trying to wrestle my Icaras down that track is a nightmare haha yet Sol is one of my favorite/best tracks, same with über mall
    I agree. Vineta really got on my nerves sometimes because of it's narrowness. A wall collision slows you down something fierce sometimes
    Sol 2 got easier with practice. Ubermall, still to this day, i struggle navigating the final corner at high speed classes!

Timezone
    GMT -7

Just got this last night

My last event was the meltdown single chenghou project race. Actually only took 5-8 tries but damn those elite AI and their bullshit weapon drops lap 1 .

Once you get in the lead your pretty much in the clear. The tournament was FAR easier than any single race IMO.

Also, i'm glad this trophy is only for the HD campaign because I actually despise detonator - ____ - I have every Fury elite other than pretty much all but 1 of those. The chain bonus mechanic is whack.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Angry Need help :(

Quote Originally Posted by nostromer View Post
    Just got this last night

My last event was the meltdown single chenghou project race. Actually only took 5-8 tries but damn those elite AI and their bullshit weapon drops lap 1 .

Once you get in the lead your pretty much in the clear. The tournament was FAR easier than any single race IMO.

Also, i'm glad this trophy is only for the HD campaign because I actually despise detonator - ____ - I have every Fury elite other than pretty much all but 1 of those. The chain bonus mechanic is whack.
    omg, I came online to the forum JUST to hear if anyone has any advice to clear the Chenghou Single race on Meltdown, I'm tearing my hair out trying to do it! A couple days ago I came back to WOHD and was like, 'oh, got a few trophies I can get here' and blitz'd through up until freakin' Meltdown single races! I can't believe the massive difficulty spike with the AI, it's infuriating! Tried every ship combo and I'm really struggling, but I passed all the Time Trials and Speed Laps with no problems which is strange because I'm just an average WipEout player, although a big fan of the series. But the single races will be the death of me.

EDIT: Last jump before the end of the race, lap 5, overtake the ship in 1st position in the air and he takes me out with his Missile in mid-air. Boom. All over, thanks for coming.

EDIT EDIT: Woo! Just did it! Somehow! Wow, beginning to think I mightn't be too bad at this
    Last edited by UnleashSonic; 10th July 2014 at 08:03 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

I guess I was a bit better prepared for the carnage of Elite AI's and their unforgiving nature due to WipEout Pulse. I made the mistake of going through 3/4 of the HD campaign and realised I was doing it on Skilled rather than Elite difficulty *facepalm*. Not even gonna mention how much ramming and grinding happens in each of the races, it's just too much!!!. It's great now that I go back and redo some of the campaign and I realise how easy it actually is, now that I've had experience racing online against the almighty gods of WipEout.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Hi Bom! I didn't know you were a member of this forum! Thanks again for zoning with me a few days ago. Your zoning skills are incredible. I can't race well at all and I don't practice time trials or speed laps, but I hope I gave you a good run for your money in zone battle!

As for Elite Campaign Legend, the hardest tracks for me were ANYTHING related to Ubermall, Sol 2 and Chenghou Project--my three worst tracks. I was able to get the platinum trophy about 6 months ago, so I have no desire to go back and attempt those events again.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Ok, let's make an honest comparison here...

Elite AI is not any worse than the typical average pilot on multiplayer. But there are some notable differences I don't think anyone has accounted for either. In a lobby with 8 racers of equal skill, whoever starts in first place has about a 90% chance of winning simply because they get to the first weapon pad before anyone else. If that pickup is a turbo, then it's race over. Note that this only applies to a full grid with pilots that are all around the same skill level. You can expect the "online elite" to be able to make clutch rocket shots, barrel roll at every single point possible, and know exactly where to screw over the other racers with defensive weapons. When racing equals, you pretty much know what the ideal racing line is, and so does everyone else. This is an extreme advantage when in first place because you only have to worry about who is behind you.

When it comes to Elite AI, things are a bit different. Assuming that you can get Elite Golds on TT and SL's (which you should be able to do if you are going for the ECL trophy) all you really have to worry about is tournaments and races.

The only trouble I really had was Phantom Elite tournaments. You can always try again for individual races, but the tournament isn't as forgiving (and I mean the 8 race Elite Phantom tournament here). However the AI programming is quite predictable. They won't barrel roll as often as online pilots will, and they focus more on weapon tactics than lines and tactical maneuvers. I get eliminated or I win against the Elite AI, there is no second place. If having trouble with an Elite race or tournament remember this: only try for one or two barrel rolls per lap, only use defensive weapons when in first place, and don't hold on to any offensive weapon while in first. Absorb whatever you don't need immediately, and play defense. Elite AI is has pre-programmed racing lines, you don't.

So is it easy? Well, that is a matter of experience. I can knockout the Arcade Perfect in 16 races. So I would personally consider it easy. But when I was first trying to get the Transcendence medal, it seemed near impossible. Races are in fact just Time Trials with a particularly slow first lap. Get in first, then relax and just think of the rest of the race as a Time Trial.