Thread: What is your controller layout for Wipeout HD Fury, and why do you use it?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Default What is your controller layout for Wipeout HD Fury, and why do you use it?

The question is simple: What controls do you use for WOHD, and why?

Here's mine:

Left Airbrake: L1
    Right Airbrake: R1
    Game Specific button: R2
    Look Back:L2
    Voice Chat: N/A
    Thruster: X
    Fire: Square
    Absorb: Circle
    Change View: Triangle
    Accel. Sensitivity: 10%
    Airbrake Sensitivity: 10%

I use this controller layout mainly because of the L1 and R1 buttons. It made my life SO much easier sideshifting with the buttons rather than the triggers. It also makes the fire button easily accessible, as I have a very itchy trigger finger (rockets much? ), and I tend to fire off weapons more often that absorbing them.

My alternate controller layout:

Left Airbrake: L1
    Right Airbrake: R1
    Game Specific button: Triangle
    Look Back:L2
    Voice Chat: N/A
    Thruster: R2
    Fire: X
    Absorb: Square
    Change View: Circle
    Accel. Sensitivity: 30% (perfect for not going off of the thruster at hairpins)
    Airbrake Sensitivity: 10%

This controller layout I use only for certain occasions, which are the super technical tracks in the game with hairpins in them. Because I lose so much time lifting off of the thruster, I relied on racing tactics and decided only to use partial throttle around those stupid hairpins, which saved me a lot of time in the corners. Other than that, this setup is not really used a lot
    Last edited by Mike458; 21st January 2014 at 01:55 AM.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

40 % airbrake
    10% acceleration

Player tags are off.

Everything else is left as is.

lovely.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Airbrake Sensitivity: 10%?

So I gather you don't ever side shift?
    Pretty much impossible for me to side shift with that Air brake setting from what I've tested when playing HD.

It suspect it might be different with Pure/ Pulse.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

40% airbrake and 10% acceleration. I can SS and turn just fine. And I can get myself out of tight spots, easier this way. I've always been keen on learning different things to minimize weapons hits, but sometimes nothing works coz I get shot point blank by 3 rockets. The physics are cool in this game, I've been testing little things out. For example, if I'm taking a turn tightly and I get shot, I purposefully SS into the closest wall in order to bounce back off it whilst having my nose at an angle (pointing towards the trajectory i want to take) - works good. Others such as turning into the weapon and then SS whilst recorrecting also work good. These two are my faves - but t
    hey only work good with the 40% - 60% sensitivity setup on airbrakes... personal preference is 40 though.

EDIT - noticed BW was replying to the OP.
    Last edited by terra-wrists; 26th February 2014 at 08:04 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Side shifting is really easy for me with 10% sensitivity & L1 R1 airbrakes, it just comes down to preference, some people are better different ways, it doesn't mean we never SS.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

I just use the default controls with 10% thrust and 50% airbreak.
    Last edited by KronicReaper; 25th January 2014 at 03:30 AM.

PSN ID
    goddessloviatar

Internal view, brakes on l2 and r2, fire is r1 and absorb on l1. I can't cope with squirming my "go" finger about on the pad. Been like this since 2097 and whilst I'm aware there may be/are better configurations but my muscle memory Is now firmly set!
    Thrust at minimum sensitivity, I like it on/off like a switch and I love the audible thump as you come back on the throttle after certain corners.
    For playing online on flash I had the brakes set to be as subtle as possible to minimise speed loss, for phantom I set it more brutally as I spend a lot of time on the brakes...

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Internal view, d-pad, L2,R2 for airbrakes, L1 to look behind, Square to shoot, Circle to absorb, X to floor it. 10% thrust, 50% airbrakes.

Used the same controls since WO2097. If it ain't broke.. etc.