Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you frustrated getting the Beat Zico trophy?

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Wow... Not the place for that sort of thing Lilith.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Lol lilith. U sound hot when your angry!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I started playing wipeout on 1st december 2012. I found it hard and after 3 days, i checked trophies.
    I had the feeling that getting the zico one will help me alot to understand the game mechanics and make progress. So i tried, get alot frustrated, check some vids on youtube, work on it again, and finally, the 7th december this trophy was mine, after something like 8XX laps if i remember well.
    So i didn't stay frustrated for too long ^^.
    And that's why i think this trophy is a great devs' idea. It help you alot to understand the game mechanics and make the progress you need to become good at the game.
    Without this trophy, i think it would have taken me ages to make real progress.
    So thx to the devs for that great trophy!

Anyone feel the same about this trophy?

nb: Congrats to all of those who tried and get it recently
    @Lilith: ??...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Lol Lilith, yous one maaaaad mad girly.

And you guys really think Beat Zico is all that hard? It took me about 9 tries at the most. How about Zone Zeus, Hold Your Fire, Zen Invasion or Elimin18? Gawwwwd, Hold Your Fire is probably the hardest trophy EVER to obtain for me personally. I got close to ZZ and the others but this one? Nope, not one chance. I absolutely hate Detonator >:(

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

When you're a pilot who doesn't use weapons and there is no eliminator mode (pre Fury), AG-Assassin takes a loooooooooooooooooooong time. Trust me
    Had all the trophies apart from that one for about two months straight lol.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Admin message: Don't air your dirty linen in public. If you have an issue with another member, deal with it over PM or consult me or Colonel.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

It's interesting looking at the responses from people who had a lot of trouble with Beat Zico and the responses from people who think it's an easy trophy to get. I think the beauty of this game and the trophies is that they require you to be good at a wide variety of events in order to get Transcendence. People who are not that good at general racing or are not that dedicated to BRs and racing lines are going to struggle with Beat Zico. It took me about 500 laps during my final serious push to get this. I am not one who does a lot of speed laps and time trials because they aren't my favorite events. So I struggle when I race online because I just can't keep up with the people who can squeeze out BRs on every little bump in the track. But I personally found Zone Zeus, Zen Evasion, Hold Your Fire, and Da Bomb (the zone and detonator events) to be MUCH easier. Those trophies are related to the events I spend the most time playing--zone, zone battle and detonator. We're all different.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Just to Torture you all a little bit further.

How to beat Zico with NO Barrel Rolls !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVV06RUom0

Just get your lines and side shifts down pat.
    If you have changed Air Brake sensitivity to a very low amount [below 50% ] the you will find it very hard to have side shifts actually occur when you want them to.

Wait! I thought a low % was how much pressure you needed to apply, so 10% would be how much pressure you had to press. Is this wrong?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

With acceleration, the X button should be at it's lowest 10% rating, this gives almost instantaneous acceleration.

With Air Brakes, the lower the setting [%], the MORE sensitive the air brake button you have chosen to control braking becomes, so it basically needs very little movement to brake effectively .

The "Side Effect" of having a very low Air Brake % is, that since Side Shifting is ALSO tied into the Airbraking controls.
    The Lower your % is, the less likely a successful side shift will occur.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

@Blackwiggle: I believe you're wrong on this:

at 10% airbrake the slightest touch will give you lot's of brake, which you don't want in this 0br event.
    at 100% airbrake you''ll miss a side-shift easier, since you didn't press hard enough, but you won't slow down that much from the breaking.

And yes I'm frustrated (in a happy way ) atm in my 0rolls attempts.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    With acceleration, the X button should be at it's lowest 10% rating, this gives almost instantaneous acceleration.

With Air Brakes, the lower the setting [%], the MORE sensitive the air brake button you have chosen to control braking becomes, so it basically needs very little movement to brake effectively .

The "Side Effect" of having a very low Air Brake % is, that since Side Shifting is ALSO tied into the Airbraking controls.
    The Lower your % is, the less likely a successful side shift will occur.
    yes. I have noticed this. But i've also adjusted to tapping harder (SS). It takes a little getting used to, but if it works, and you're used to it - its all good

FYI sideshift response times are the same no matter what airbrake sensitivity you run. It's doesn't matter how hard or soft you press, it's about airbrake input. As long as there is a double input, that is enough.

The only thing that affects sideshifting is how long you hold on the 2nd tap, which affects sideshift distance. With short taps, for most circuits it takes 3 - 3.5 sideshifts to cross the track. With long presses, it takes only 2 sideshifts.

If you don't believe me I'll make a video but I have 0.2mb upload and I'd rather save my bandwidth for Phantom TT/SL

Protip: Pre 2.51 - The lower your airbrake %, the faster you will be once you master it, for post 2.51 it's the opposite.
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 24th January 2014 at 10:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

oh wauw, you can control the amount of sideshift?! o_O
    That's very handy to know!!! Thanks yeldar!

Cipher

Try it yourself. Sit stationary on a track and move all the way to one side, then see how many sideshifts it takes to get to the other side.
    On Anulpha Pass start/finish line for example, you can do 2 - 3.5 sideshifts to cross the track. Makes a big difference in corners if you consider the distance covered.

NB: This amount is strictly to do with how long you hold the 2nd tap (the one that activates the SS). Airbrake % has nothing to do with it, as stated previously

Bit offtopic, but a pro tip nonetheless. I'll put a copy in the 'did you know' thread lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

all I've learned in this game is because of him. It's about time he comes to pick up that big present waiting here for him. before it turns into smoke
    Last edited by Mietepiet; 25th January 2014 at 05:24 AM.

Just doing what I can to pass on what I learned from my old masters.

Don't you worry you'll be hearing from me
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 25th January 2014 at 12:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I've always found it to be easier with a lower sensitivity, at least with L1 & R1 airbrakes.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

I've always had airbrakes at 50% with L2/R2. In this event I started playing around with the settings.
    @100% I had problems sidesifting and @10% I set my current pb.

Yesterday I changed the button to L1/R1 @100%, which felt amazing. Lowering back to 10% felt a bit less. But I think I have to get used to the new button setup first.

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    Protip: Pre 2.51 - The lower your airbrake %, the faster you will be once you master it

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Whoa that's some tip there yeldar. Thanks a lot! Never noticed that. It might be very useful when trying to pull off side-shift barrel-rolling when going off those lil bumps on the tracks.