Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you frustrated getting the Beat Zico trophy?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Zzonkmiles View Post
    Marry me, Yeldar.

I can't seem to find the right place to gain airtime!
    Well, if you find you're not getting enough airtime there, just aim to land a little further down the track after the first BR. That is to say, when you boost out of the dip in the track, nose up a little more.
    The extra speed from the BR upon landing should easily carry you over the hill with enough speed/airtime.

I might do a new video this one isn't very high quality. In fact, I will. Why not. It's the weekend

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

zero rolls?
    I would like to have a ghost of that, anybody has a link to it?

PSN ID
    DIXI200

THIS is a trophy difficult, I think, and I try to take the time to practice with the track.
    I still can not be perfect. My point black .. Jump the ramp, I can not complete the roll .. The ship trembles .. But I do a volte-face finish Off the track .. Under or track.

I'm considering getting the trophy .. " air brakes" (Zone) on AnulphaPass I think this increases my practice and guidance.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

Don't do airbrakes only, since in venom you hardly use them, just little taps here and there.
    Take a good look on the side shifts in Yeldar's video, those will help you getting a good time.

My speedlap preparation is:
    - 2 zone rounds
    - couple of warm-up laps on higher speed (flash in this case)
    - 100-lap session, while taking a break when I loose concentration

PSN ID
    marcingru

^^ I think I have see vid how to beat Zico without BR on YT. It was made by Pheaton _pl its possible but I assume hard as hell Just a Q how do You guys doing BR on small bump right before those 3 speeds pads ?
    For me Zico CH. Was difficult from time I started racing Alunphia it was 680 laps to achieve it . BR on bridge its not so difficult just go as far you can to the eage of track , gain as much air you can.
    Regards!
    Last edited by marcingru; 12th January 2014 at 09:00 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

for that BR you need to have a great line in the first left-hander, to carry as much speed to the dip. This video by JFthebestJan shows the line: http://youtu.be/RfYIsk9xd1U

then from left-side of the track, before the dip, nose down-up quickly followed by a right side-shift and BR into the dip. a 2nd is possible coming out of the dip.
    Note: this technique is extreme difficult. I can succesfully perform a single BR every 10laps or so.

edit: I use icaras HD ship for this, I find it almost impossible with Fury

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Here's the video remade. There's tips in the 'about' section if wanted.
    Sorry about the sound quality, forgot to remove and replace lol

Time is 30.08 so you should have plenty of time to 'lose' and still beat him

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

0.34 faster than the first one, only with lines pfffff. And I thought already you have the greatest lines on earth. nice video.

@marcingru: Pheaton has indeed that video with a dead link to his ghost unfortunately

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

I just finished practicing. I'm on lap 71 now. I was able to get a 30.97 and a 31.10 but I need to be a little cleaner in the first left turn at the start of the track and at the final BR coming off the overpass. I hate this so much. But it's getting better. I'm trying to do this with 3 BRs. The BR leading to the overpass is the one I skip because it's not reliable.

PSN ID
    stin_wz, PS3 , Vita and PS4

lol, you made it look so easy and yet you're still sheet hot!

stevie