Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you frustrated getting the Beat Zico trophy?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Default Are you frustrated getting the Beat Zico trophy?

I think the hardest trophy to get on Wipeout HD Fury or Wipeout 2048 is the Beat Zico trophy and its a huge pain and cause frustration to any person getting this trophy. To me I try to get the trophy by doing 4 BR's, but I get frustrated and I give up. Do you people get frustrated getting the trophy and give up or get a cool head and go for it?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Hey Kronic.

Don't feel so bad. Beat Zico is the only trophy standing between me and Platinum too. I suck at time trials/speed laps and squeezing out barrel rolls, so I don't think I'll be getting this trophy anytime soon. My best time so far is an unimpressive 32.18.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Here's my easy technique with 3BRs. IMHO the easiest way if you don't like the overpass BR.
    I tried to make it as simple as possible, minimal sideshift or BR, and still with 0.5s to play with. If you SS a few extra times than in the video you will get it no problem, even with worse lines

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Marry me, Yeldar.

Personally, I think the hardest BR is the one you execute when you're heading downward towards the narrow part of the track after the three speed pads. I think it's the second BR. I can't seem to find the right place to gain airtime!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

It's really all about practice. My times were in the 32 second range when I decided to watch a bunch of videos and then dedicate an afternoon to practice. I then achieved the trophy that evening. 2048 Zico is not as hard though.

Unfortunately the only thing standing between me and Platinum is AG Assassin... simply because I hate online eliminator. I might try to organize a group to race without using shields to try to get this trophy (I have 44 online kills).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

30.821! FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Anyway, I hate this trophy so much! To be honest, the BR onto the overpass is the hardest part of this trophy, and as well as sideshifting at the right points.

@DDD: I could race with you sometime in Eliminator and you can kill me a bunch of times to get the trophy... (Enough offtopic, back to Zico!)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

It definitely wasn't my favorite trophy, and you're right about the BR onto the bridge being the toughest. That's the one I always screwed up!! About Elim, while I thank you for your generosity Mike, I want to earn this trophy the right way, in a competitive eliminator match to feel complete.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

To beat Zico is a toughtie, took me nearly 2000 laps to beat it! but in Vita, took me about 5 laps, go figure.

Mind you, as in Zico did used two BRs for his time.

stevie

Edit just realized, I only done 5 laps not 100!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

You'll get the trophy eventually, you'll see. You just need to invest another afternoon and keep your head cool (I know this is a hard task, but try it! ).
    Last edited by Ragsus Maxima; 11th January 2014 at 06:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

that's it keep your head cool, do a max of 100 laps a day.
    get your lines right, then the br's become more easy.

note: lines are more important than br's

Quote Originally Posted by Zzonkmiles View Post
    Marry me, Yeldar.

I can't seem to find the right place to gain airtime!
    Well, if you find you're not getting enough airtime there, just aim to land a little further down the track after the first BR. That is to say, when you boost out of the dip in the track, nose up a little more.
    The extra speed from the BR upon landing should easily carry you over the hill with enough speed/airtime.

I might do a new video this one isn't very high quality. In fact, I will. Why not. It's the weekend

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

zero rolls?
    I would like to have a ghost of that, anybody has a link to it?

PSN ID
    DIXI200

THIS is a trophy difficult, I think, and I try to take the time to practice with the track.
    I still can not be perfect. My point black .. Jump the ramp, I can not complete the roll .. The ship trembles .. But I do a volte-face finish Off the track .. Under or track.

I'm considering getting the trophy .. " air brakes" (Zone) on AnulphaPass I think this increases my practice and guidance.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

Don't do airbrakes only, since in venom you hardly use them, just little taps here and there.
    Take a good look on the side shifts in Yeldar's video, those will help you getting a good time.

My speedlap preparation is:
    - 2 zone rounds
    - couple of warm-up laps on higher speed (flash in this case)
    - 100-lap session, while taking a break when I loose concentration

PSN ID
    marcingru

^^ I think I have see vid how to beat Zico without BR on YT. It was made by Pheaton _pl its possible but I assume hard as hell Just a Q how do You guys doing BR on small bump right before those 3 speeds pads ?
    For me Zico CH. Was difficult from time I started racing Alunphia it was 680 laps to achieve it . BR on bridge its not so difficult just go as far you can to the eage of track , gain as much air you can.
    Regards!
    Last edited by marcingru; 12th January 2014 at 08:00 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

for that BR you need to have a great line in the first left-hander, to carry as much speed to the dip. This video by JFthebestJan shows the line: http://youtu.be/RfYIsk9xd1U

then from left-side of the track, before the dip, nose down-up quickly followed by a right side-shift and BR into the dip. a 2nd is possible coming out of the dip.
    Note: this technique is extreme difficult. I can succesfully perform a single BR every 10laps or so.

edit: I use icaras HD ship for this, I find it almost impossible with Fury

Here's the video remade. There's tips in the 'about' section if wanted.
    Sorry about the sound quality, forgot to remove and replace lol

Time is 30.08 so you should have plenty of time to 'lose' and still beat him

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

0.34 faster than the first one, only with lines pfffff. And I thought already you have the greatest lines on earth. nice video.

@marcingru: Pheaton has indeed that video with a dead link to his ghost unfortunately

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

I just finished practicing. I'm on lap 71 now. I was able to get a 30.97 and a 31.10 but I need to be a little cleaner in the first left turn at the start of the track and at the final BR coming off the overpass. I hate this so much. But it's getting better. I'm trying to do this with 3 BRs. The BR leading to the overpass is the one I skip because it's not reliable.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

lol, you made it look so easy and yet you're still sheet hot!

stevie