Thread: Are you frustrated getting the Beat Zico trophy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Default Are you frustrated getting the Beat Zico trophy?

I think the hardest trophy to get on Wipeout HD Fury or Wipeout 2048 is the Beat Zico trophy and its a huge pain and cause frustration to any person getting this trophy. To me I try to get the trophy by doing 4 BR's, but I get frustrated and I give up. Do you people get frustrated getting the trophy and give up or get a cool head and go for it?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Hey Kronic.

Don't feel so bad. Beat Zico is the only trophy standing between me and Platinum too. I suck at time trials/speed laps and squeezing out barrel rolls, so I don't think I'll be getting this trophy anytime soon. My best time so far is an unimpressive 32.18.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Here's my easy technique with 3BRs. IMHO the easiest way if you don't like the overpass BR.
    I tried to make it as simple as possible, minimal sideshift or BR, and still with 0.5s to play with. If you SS a few extra times than in the video you will get it no problem, even with worse lines

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Marry me, Yeldar.

Personally, I think the hardest BR is the one you execute when you're heading downward towards the narrow part of the track after the three speed pads. I think it's the second BR. I can't seem to find the right place to gain airtime!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

It's really all about practice. My times were in the 32 second range when I decided to watch a bunch of videos and then dedicate an afternoon to practice. I then achieved the trophy that evening. 2048 Zico is not as hard though.

Unfortunately the only thing standing between me and Platinum is AG Assassin... simply because I hate online eliminator. I might try to organize a group to race without using shields to try to get this trophy (I have 44 online kills).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

30.821! FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Anyway, I hate this trophy so much! To be honest, the BR onto the overpass is the hardest part of this trophy, and as well as sideshifting at the right points.

@DDD: I could race with you sometime in Eliminator and you can kill me a bunch of times to get the trophy... (Enough offtopic, back to Zico!)

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Zzonkmiles View Post
    Marry me, Yeldar.

I can't seem to find the right place to gain airtime!
    Well, if you find you're not getting enough airtime there, just aim to land a little further down the track after the first BR. That is to say, when you boost out of the dip in the track, nose up a little more.
    The extra speed from the BR upon landing should easily carry you over the hill with enough speed/airtime.

I might do a new video this one isn't very high quality. In fact, I will. Why not. It's the weekend

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

zero rolls?
    I would like to have a ghost of that, anybody has a link to it?