Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you frustrated getting the Beat Zico trophy?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Would you like me to upload the ghost Zzonk/anyone?

30.97 seems like you're pretty much there, not far now!

PSN ID
    marcingru

@Mietepiet , i have pull off quite few times exactly with that method , but indeed extremely difficult and with random ships and in random speed classes O.o
    And just wanted to share , my younger bro just started playing WO , first track he started practicing was Alunphia , and i just send him a short video how to make first turbo+BR combo and help little with BR on overpass .....
    He beat Zico few days ago

30.72 from top of my head .
    Im trying to go below 30 for now .

Gretzz 4 All!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    Would you like me to upload the ghost Zzonk/anyone?

30.97 seems like you're pretty much there, not far now!
    Are the Ghost's still available?

Not that I've tried to access them recently,[You tend NOT to after beating ZICO]

But great to know for those that are still being tortured

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I think the link in the original video is now dead, and I don't have a backup of that ghost, but the video I just posted is the current ghost on my PS3 so is uploadable upon request.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

@marcin: great run on the br and for your brother.

@yelder: beat Zero is still on my 2do list. but I never gave it a shot, since there's still soooo much to learn for me. I've missed on downloading pheaton's or jan's ghost, that's why i asked for it. anybody has a copy?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@ mietepiet: i never uploaded any ghost to any site on the interwebs, but i still have the ghost of 'beat zero'. so tell me where to upload the ghost and i will do. but i've only the ghost from icaras fury run. and you should know, that this particular event isn't possible with v2.51 of the game. you need to play with a version prior to 2.51! i used v2.10
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 13th January 2014 at 11:29 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

thanx alot Jan,

i've sent you my email by pm.
    drinking coffee right now for the upcomming sleepless nights.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@ mietepiet: i've sent the data via email, i hope it will work. if you think the steps i suggested in my mail are not the correct steps, you have to ask some other wise guy then. but it should work.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

Thanks, it works. I've just backed up my ghost on empty USB-stick, replaced it with yours. and copied it back to a new user on my PS3.
    Just had a couple of laps on V2.51, will downgrade when I have time for the real.

MAN THAT DEVIL IS FAST

edit: 31.29 - 0br - 16pads - piranha hd - v2.10 - 340laps
    I loose on boost-start, first corner and left before bridge
    think I found a better line in narrow section:
    after 3pads return to middle line, right ss earlier, left ss on both pads
    Last edited by Mietepiet; 14th January 2014 at 09:43 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

My best time is now down to 30.92. And that was with 4 barrel rolls. Clearly my lines are terrible. Argh.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

Don't worry mate, 340 laps were only on the 0 rolls attempts. I think I've run over 10.000 laps on Anulpha in total.
    But indeed lines are just as important as barrel rolls. The longer you play, the better they get.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Now my time is at 30.89. That was with three barrel rolls. And it happened on lap 97 of the latest time trial. I had a 31.03 on lap 82.

I don't think I can get four BRs in the same lap again. I'll just try to tighten up my lines and sideshift a little more. I freaked out when I beat my 30.92 ghost and the computer voice said "new lap record."

This trophy is making me angry. But even though it is a miserable one to earn, I personally think Elite Campaign Legend and Arcade Perfect were far worse. ECL requires you to be good at a ton of tracks and a ton of events. AP requires you to win on tracks you may not be good at in general (ummm...Chenghou Project reverse, Ubermall reverse, anything with Sol 2, etc.). At least with this track, each lap can be finished in under 35 seconds, so you can easily retry.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Hmmm, this was pretty easy for me; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEj1JIbsY2U
    Don't really see what the problem is, the double roll is maybe the hardest part, but that technique works flawless for me most of the times (second technique)

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

@zzonk: don't overplay it. you'll learn from every game mode and speedclass. and the real learning process is when you sleep. i.e. if you run 400 laps a day with 50 good laps and the rest bad. your brain spent to much on processing the bad laps.

read nofew's post in the videos section. page 280 post #2797 (sorry can't link directly) it's a long post on mental learning.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@ mietepiet: with pirahna you'll always loose time in the first corner due to the worse handling stats compared to icaras. the trick with this particular event is to maintain speed as much as possible. if that means you have to take a not so obvious line, then do so! you must hit all 17 speedpads too! dont use the airbrakes, just use sideshifts instead.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

20140115_170054.jpg

I did it. I finally did it. Finally.

On my latest session this afternoon, I got a 30.88. That was frustrating. But I noticed that my racing line on the overpass was ragged. It wasn't a straight line at all. So I figured that I could shave a little more time off if I could keep up with that ghost and drive as straight as possible there.

On lap 75, it finally happened. I kept up with that ghost and edged ahead of it at the overpass by keeping my ship straight.

Final result: 30.79 seconds with 3 BRs. That's it, that's all, I'm not doing this anymore. No more speed laps, no more Piranha, and no more crazy barrel rolls. Back to zone mode I go!

And I am now a member of the Transcendence club!

PSN ID
    marcingru

Congratzz, its great feeling to achieve it !!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

congrats zzonk, welcjome to the trans-club. we're oposite: I loved beating Zico and got frustrated on the zone zeus. one time I missed it by 0.01sec. it took me another week to get it. did it op syncopia though, still want to reach it on anulpha.

as for the 0br attempts: no improvement on time yet, since i was working on the 2 lefts. got the 1st corner good now, no more airbrake on entering. and you're right maintaining speed is the key. need to work on consistancy now and get rid of the little corrections. gonna use pirhana to get sub 31, and from there may be change to icaras.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Great news, Zzonkmiles.
    On the other hand, still we don't know if KronicReaper (the topic creator) has made it too.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Congrats Zzonkmiles!!! Im 2 trophies away from Transcendence now. Still need to get Zone Zeus (Zone mode hurted mah eyes >.< so fast, such intense, much speed, very colour, wow) and obviously Beat Zico. Having an utter nightmare with Beat Zico. In need of better lines more than anything, I've got all the necessary BRs down pretty good. Im determined to have it before my bday.