Thread: Velocity Challenge Development

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I've been thinking about the energy replenishing method, and it was discussed awhile ago about having target lap times for each stage (lap), and basically replenishing the player's energy if they meet it, and not adding to it if they don't. That implies that speed pads, barrel rolls, and good lines would all have to be used to a premium, and good lines couldn't be measured with the old method of speed pad and barrel roll replenishment. So what are your thoughts? We need some replies on this thread, creative discussion, come on, give your opinions!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

The first version of Alnitak has been modeled! Notice that the jumps, elevation changes, and width variation are not included yet, they will come as I learn more about how to model in Blender. Here's what it looks like so far (G Drive for large files): https://drive.google.com/folderview?...zA&usp=sharing

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Quote Originally Posted by DDD113 View Post
    I've been thinking about the energy replenishing method, and it was discussed awhile ago about having target lap times for each stage (lap), and basically replenishing the player's energy if they meet it, and not adding to it if they don't. That implies that speed pads, barrel rolls, and good lines would all have to be used to a premium, and good lines couldn't be measured with the old method of speed pad and barrel roll replenishment. So what are your thoughts? We need some replies on this thread, creative discussion, come on, give your opinions!
    Well, because you're constantly accelerating faster and faster with each lap (like in Detonator in WOHD Fury), the target times would have to be constantly decreasing. Another thing that you have to keep in mind is that each lap would have to be slightly different from the last, as there would be less BR opportunities in some places, and more in others. About the energy regeneration, it would also need to be different for each lap, as your energy would be nearly constantly full once you get to the very high speeds (you can just constantly run over speed pads if they're abundant just by spamming the left and right keys). I don't know exactly how to solve this problem, but it's just something that I needed to point out there. Great job so far though!

EDIT: FFS WHY IS IT THAT EVERY THREAD I POST ON I KILL

WHYYYYY

[/rant]
    Last edited by Mike458; 20th January 2014 at 06:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

@Mike458 Calm down, you didn't kill the thread. We're all here... *wolfy hugs*

@DDD113 I really like your ideas, and also I think you should include a few classic tracks as a bonus for us longtime fans. I really wish Firestar got more love.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 26th January 2014 at 05:32 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

@Amaroq - thank you very much not only for supporting my idea but for reading the text wall! Unfortunately any WipEout references cannot be included in SSGX for legal reasons, so no classic tracks will be included. :/

Also just as an update to everyone: if this mode does make the final game it will be DLC since it would take too long to make that it would delay the full game. So as of now it's not out but not in, but some work and ideas will continue to be produced.