Thread: Is there a way to get custom music for Pulse working on PS Vita?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Default Is there a way to get custom music for Pulse working on PS Vita?

I got a PS Vita for my birthday, and I wanted to download the PSN version of WipEout Pulse alongside 2048. There is just one problem...

I know how to transfer my game progress from Pulse, but I have no idea how to transfer my imported music because of the differences in the file system. Any advice?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

can you go pulse->PS3 and then from PS3-> vita ?

i'm not familiar with pulse (yet), how did you get the music in pulse in the first place? if it's from a comp, you can simply do that again using the content manager app on the vita

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6

To get custom music on the PSP version of Pulse, you create a folder in your PSP music directory labled WIPEOUT, and you put up to 30 MP3 files in there.

On the PS Vita, the file system is completely different, and while Content Manager told me how to transfer Savedata I don't know how I'm supposed to transfer my imported music.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Then I would assume you're not supposed to transfer your music, unfortunately.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

so i'm guessing you have the music on a computer as well right?

install the ps vita content manager application on your computer (should be one of the first linls in google), it ask you to designate a folder on your computer for music, photos, videos and applcations

just put the songs in the folder you designated for music on your computer.
    next, go to the ps vita content manager app and chose how you wan to connect with a device (wi-fi, usb,...), it should find your computer if you're on the same network with the vita and computer when using wi-fi (otherwise, simply use the usb cable)
    back on the vita chose pc-> ps vita and then select music, it should open up the music app and list the songs on your computer, you can then simply select the ones you want to copy

hope it's somewhat clear

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

But then will Pulse recognize the music as it's not in the WIPEOUT folder?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

OOOOOOOHHHHH!!!! Pulse on the vita!, misunderstood there for a moment

You just run the music application and start the playlist you want to play, and then you launch up the game, the music will keep playing
    Don't know if it's possible to get them inside wipeout pulse on the vita

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6

*annoyed sigh* But managing it would be a pain-in-the-tailhole using that method, especially since I can't create playlists on the Vita (believe me, I tried) and the music player on the Vita doesn't have a folder-based Group Mode function like the PSP does.

It would probably be best if I just wait for somebody else who has tried what I'm trying to do. I really don't feel like potentially bricking my Vita's software... (My last phone bricked itself, and if I fiddle with the wrong settings then the same might happen to my Vita.)

As for the lack of coherency in this post, I also haven't been getting any sleep.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Playlists are made using folders on the computer (folder "my playlist" contains the songs you want in that playlist, then via content manager you would go to the playlists option and copy the playlist)
    but okay no problem, hope you can get it working, it is indeed annoying to manage =/

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

A bit old this threat, but I have Pulse for Vita too. And I have music onmy Vita, just copyed on the system and the game will notice it. Just look at the ingame music player if you can find your music.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Could you give more specific directory instructions, if you remember them? WipEout Pulse on the PSP can only support up to 30 MP3 files, and they have to be in a specific folder.

Thanks in advance.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Ähhh...you wont need a special directory, just copy your music onthe Vita and the game will notice it.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Okay, thanks. A shame I wasted my giftcards on Asphault Injection, or I'd already be playing Pulse on my Vita.
    Asphault is a great game, but it is frakking expensive!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I found out something else:
    If you have more than 30 tracks on your system, the game will chose the avaiable tracks randomly. So chose wisely what you copy on your Vita

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Another way is if any of the music you have is of a mp3 format you can transfer that music onto your vita system (via content manager) from your ps3 and then pulse will be able to play it.