Thread: HD/FURY has become better to play in 3D due to recent PS3 updates.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default HD/FURY has become better to play in 3D due to recent PS3 updates.

I played online briefly tonight to chill out after a LONG working day.

Then watched a 3D movie [ Despicable me 2 ]

Then after the movie I briefly switched to playing WO HD in 3D, whitch has suffered from bad ghosting every other time I have played it in 3D.

A REAL surprise when I played it in 3D a few minutes ago.

NO GHOSTING !!!! WTF !!

My Sony 3D TV did not get a update.
    So the only thing that could have made the BIG difference with Sony owned games now playing well [brilliantly ] would have to be a previous PS3 system update.

Thanks Sony!
    Whatever you did / changed, makes Wipeout HD/Fury play now as well in 3D as it did in 2D.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

FPS issues still?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

I will be more excited when/if Sony fixes the online rankings. It sucks trying to see how well your scores and times stack up only to see that the top 50 rankings are all screwed up. Ryuga, for example, does NOT have the 73rd best zone score on Syncopia. (rolls eyes)

^ Don't hold your breath this one isn't happening, ever. Hence wipeoutrankings.com still the only reliable place to check and compare.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Actually Yeldar, online rankings have gotten WORSE!!! I saw my the first negative time now on a speed lap record. I can't remember the exact track, but I remember seeing a -0.01 done by a few people as the new WR.

So reset the bot. -0.02 is possible.

This new generation of pilots is so fast that they win races 0.01 seconds before the race ever starts.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    FPS issues still?
    Yeah, still the input lag to what you see happening in 3D, which makes quick adjustments in Rapier/ Phantom pretty much pointless.
    I find when racing in 3D it's preferable to try and keep a basic racing line and cop the hit's off other craft into the side walls rather than to try fine adjustments to avoid them
    If I try for the fine adjustments when getting nudged by other craft, the lag usually finds me in a worse position off the racing line and I lose more time trying to reposition myself.

It's still pretty much impossible to race seriously online in 3D, but it's still a lot of fun.
    And it's certainly a WTF! moment for guests when they try playing it in 3D, I rarely get my controller back once a WO 3D newbie gets a hold of it.

Might give Zone mode another punt. That and detonator the only thing worth trying in 3D WOHD wise imho. Normal racing was more impossible than split-screen lol.