Thread: We Need a PA Announcer!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow We Need a PA Announcer!!!

Hello to the dev team and fellow SSGX pilots. Today I would like to propose the idea of having a PA announcer at every track, someone that announces "Welcome to Cassandra" at the start of the race, and then has their words blend into background noise blaring over every fan section on each track. I got this idea from sitting on the grid in NFS Shift 2, listening to the unintelligible yet very present PA announcer firmly address the grandstands, and I think along with the welcome greeting, it would be a great addition to SSGX (along with louder crowd noise, see WipEout Pure! )

Also, don't get me wrong, I like Blocky, but I think it would be to everyone's benefit if her voice and phrases were more assertive. Right now, she sounds very quiet and passive, sort of like "listen to me if you want, but you might not hear me anyway!" I like the assertiveness of the WOHD countdowns, perfect lap, final lap sayings, etc. (also I've noticed there is no "perfect lap" phrase in SSGX), but anyway, I think that would add to the seriousness of an ARC-150 racing event.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hm I don't quite understand you... You want another announcer welcoming you to the track?
    I don't think we should add too many different voices. After all it is a racing game. You already have Charlie describing the track [and teams later on] as well as Blocky for in-race commentary. Also don't forget that there is Carlos aswell and he won't only appear on the tutorial.
    Next is on tracks like Nazca Remains, there is no crowd, and also no other announcement system. Even the Blocky countdown screen is nothing very professional, but a short and rusty solution to have the official mascot [Blocky] in the desert...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

doc if I can interject I think what he means is someone who talks to the stands essentially, I think we could describe it as track atmosphere, something that gives the track itself a feeling of being "alive"

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Oh, ok. Well if that was the case, then I'm totally fine with it since it counts up towards the ambience.... Or spoken in Unity language, it would be a 3D sound while Blocky & Hellfire are 2D

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Yeah Theo has got it, just someone in the background that you can't really here throughout the whole race, but before Hellfire starts talking, the PA announcer could make a clear "Welcome to X Track" announcement, and then begin the muffled ambient speaking.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Alright, I think that would work. But then we'd need a different voice for each track... Some spanish accent for Cassandra, japanese voice for Alphard, german-ish for DC and no voice for Nazca