Thread: SSGX Videos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow SSGX Videos

Time to start a video thread, all you SSGX pilots, post your videos here!

To start, I just finished an absolutely AMAZING Cassandra Gamma TT. I was thrilled with the result, as you can see at the end of the video, after a stellar run following some earlier practice runs.

I had a little bit of an interesting wall ride as you can see on Lap 1, and the first 3 corners on Lap 2 makes my brain melt - NO WALL TOUCHES!!! Too bad I side-shift failed coming over the Civic Center hill later in the lap, and then over-rotated entering the tunnel on Lap 4, and just tried to hold it together on Lap 5 (which I somehow did), and overall, I got out with a great time - 2:25.35, with my fastest lap at 28.63 on Lap 3.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2v...it?usp=sharing

For the record, it's my camera's fault that Cassandra appears in a minty-fresh shade of green; it still appears in its lovely daylight blue on my computer screen. Anyway, enjoy the show!

Lap Times:

Lap 1: 29.60
    Lap 2: 28.96
    Lap 3: 28.63
    Lap 4: 29.21
    Lap 5: 28.75

Also, just as a challenge for myself and the other skilled SSGX pilots, could some of you on the dev team post your best TT and SL times here so we can have something (like your world records) to chase after? That would just be fun, and I think doable for some of us with a little work.

Edit: Those lap times actually add up to 2:25.15 instead of 2:25.35 if my calculations are correct. Devs might want to look into that.
    Last edited by DDD113; 21st December 2013 at 05:17 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Haha wow, such an excitement at the end Nice to hear you are having so much fun with SSGX
    You are right about the times, I'll have a look into that. Other than that, great thread. And VERY good piloting skills. Tbh I didn't race some lap times any more since my laptop was kinda weak for that. But I have a new Computer now and SSGX runs smooth as hell so I hope I can record some races soon But I might be not that skilled any more

Goddamn dude, you dominated that session! Cool to see people enjoying this game and actually giving it a chance!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Now you see why I advocate for no handling change in future builds! Cassandra just flows so well for me, it was quick to perfect, but DC still needs some work, I'll get a video up as soon as I get a respectable time on there. All in all, I actually haven't played the game as much as people would think, but there was one day where I felt that I finally mastered the handling and what you see above is the result. Still room for improvement, though, I'll try to eliminate those errors and get back with a sub 2:25 time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

And I will upload my video as soon as my computer can handle MP4 properly

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Also, you guys are free to download that video and use it if you want to on YouTube, Facebook, etc.

On a sidenote I'm wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to embed G-Drive videos?

Edit: Seems like I finally figured out how to fly DC again! And another priceless reaction to boot! Btw, that's actually my second fastest time, first being 2:00.16, and this one at 2:00.25. It took awhile to get this one, as DC is a very tricky track, more so than Cassandra in my opinion. The corners on Cassy are more spread out, while they are in chains and combos at DC, all coming in quick and deadly succession. I love it and I hate it, but overall, it is a stunning track, a great piece of work, and very fun to conquer!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2v...it?usp=sharing

There's still a good bit of room for improvement here, although I've found that sideshifting off the jump increases lap times exponentially, even more so than cutting through the first gap of trees. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this wild and up-tempo ride on the challenging Draco Cavernae course.

Lap Times:

Lap 1: 24.28
    Lap 2: 24.16
    Lap 3: 24.21
    Lap 4: 23.71
    Lap 5: 23.68

^^ Consistency.
    Last edited by DDD113; 21st December 2013 at 05:24 PM.