Thread: New World Records Not Possible?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Default New World Records Not Possible?

Just a quick question for those that have been playing for a while. I've noticed lately that the top ten or so records were all made back in 2009 and 2010. Normally this wouldn't be that significant, but I started looking into it and decided to test a theory I have. I chose Talon's Junction Reverse (easy track to get a fast time for due to the limited Barrel Roll opportunities). I raced long enough until I got into the top 30 on Venom (seeing as how Venom is easier to do that with). It took a while, but I got to the point where I was getting all perfect laps, perfect racing line, etc, etc.

So my question is this: Did the upgrade patch really effect the slow down time for airbraking that much? I've heard others that claim that the patch has effected the lap record times and that certain records are no longer achievable due to the new physics. Can anyone confirm or disprove this? It would be nice to know if breaking new world records was possible or not. Thanks!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

the answer is yes and no! it's not possible to get new WRs on most tracks with the newest patch, but there's @ least 1 track where it's still possible...
    SYNCOPIA

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    the answer is yes and no! it's not possible to get new WRs on most tracks with the newest patch, but there's @ least 1 track where it's still possible...
    SYNCOPIA
    Yes, it is true and yes, there arent many recordsbleft to be beaten with v2.51. Actually no record to be honest. Besides syncopia of course. It is the only record which is made with v 2.51

Timezone
    GMT + 1

@mannjon: I get some top ten and top five for SL and TT, all done this year on v2.51
    Also some wrs on single races and multiplayer races. This is where there is still some wrs possibilities, but not that much imo.
    Maybe more than i think if playing on rapier or phantom, i don't really checked the possibilities on those speed class.

And yes about syncopia, but getting the glitch is really boring. There is only JFthebestJan who had enough patience to play lots of syncopia .

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I got two top 5 times a few weeks ago in flash online. Metropia fwd and modesto fwd. They shoe too. So its not true.

I play as skruffem now.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

@ skruffem, Hey there I'm mannjon, I've raced you a few times, and there's no doubt that you could definitely get some top 5 records.

I was mainly talking about the SL and TT modes. I think that single and online races are still possible mainly because of the ability to get the extra turbo/boost/roll opportunities.

Have you had any luck getting new records in SL or TT modes?