Quote Originally Posted by Mietepiet View Post
this is some bad news, since sl/tt is the mode i like the most.
do any of you have a link to info on the updates?

@Yeldar: I saw you updated a lot of phatom tt times last month. did you go pre v2.51 to realize this?
and is going back to pre v2.51 considered as cheating?
The info on the update does not exist. They said they fixed the airbrake exploit (which was completely unnecessary but they wanted to look like they were doing something productive because they couldn't be bothered to listen to all the other issues). They didnt explain how, it was left to the veteran pilots to realise what they had done. I did a lot of analysis into the new handling dynamics of the game, but it was hard for me to be motivated to explain it all over and over again because I'm basically explaining every reason why I hate the game now, and I'm not interested in that.

More or less every WR in the game was done before 2.51 (apart from zone because they ruined that too), so I wouldn't consider it cheating. For my part, I do not enjoy playing 2.51. It makes me angry, and sad, and the feel of the game is lost. It's just not fun. If people have a problem with it, I will remove my times. I race to push my limits and the limits of the game, if other people can benefit and have an improved experience from what I am able to share, if not, I'm not fussed. I do it for myself mostly. In my opinion the whole ranking site should be reset from zero to accommodate 2.51, but that would mean losing records from old legends who don't play any more, which would be a shame, so we just deal with the situation as it is.

If you want to play an online racer, you play 2.51
If you want to play WipEout HD, you play offline under a previous patch.