Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulse running on emulator video

I'm tempted to pick up one of those JXD tablets as they apparently emulate PSP perfectly and the analogs are supposed to be great. Failing that I may snap a cheap Vita.

Bit surprised to hear about the framerate issues as most people have said that it runs smooth as silk on the emulator.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

amplificated: that might be the issue. I have an older version of ppsspp. Curiously, the OUYA console is coming out with an Android version of the ppsspp emulator. I'd like to see if I can get better results from that.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

I have the PPSSPP emulator on my Google Nexus 5, I wonder how the game would run on it? Would be an abomination to control though, as I don't have any kind of experience hooking up my Dualshock 3 to my phone But I have Pure and Pulse on Vita and they both benefit from boosted FPS and resolution by the look of it, so I'm content with that!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

If you do not have an Ouya already I would advise against buying one just to test if you can run wipeout on it, because in all likelihood you will be very, very disappointed. The Ouya's hardware is not good.

Just configure the emulator on your PC, disable a lot of stuff and turn down the sampling rate and see how you go. One setting, texture scaling, needs to be set to OFF (though I think it's set to off by default it's worth a double check), it's a massive hit to performance.

My phone's a bit old now as a Samsung GS3, but I've run Pulse on it and with every single speed hack turned on, frameskip set to max, and reduced cpu cycles, I get about 14 fps, tops. Both PPSSPP and mobile hardware have some work to do before PSP games become really workable on any mobile platform, I think. Also, the controls are abominable for WipEout.
    Last edited by amplificated; 28th October 2014 at 01:05 PM.