Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firesprite Games - New studio from ex-SL members

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I don't hate Fatal Inertia, I can't remember anybody else at the zone saying they hated it either.
    It was just used as a example of a game that was similar to WO, but had failed to get sales.

I only ever played the single player demo when it was first released, it just never appealed to me.

I agree these guys should know how to make a great game.

I expect whatever their first game is it will be rather modest given the amount of staff they have.
    Maybe something sort of similar to "Journey".
    Although while surfing the web I did read somewhere that they [or at least some of what is now Firesprite] could of been among the several small independent studios asked to help sort out problems Sony have been having making "The Last Guardian", which was slated by Sony for a PS3 release early 2014.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Ah yeah... 'hate' was the wrong word. Sorry for the german-ish slang

Whatever game they are going to make, it'll be highly interesting to see how it looks and feels. Would be cool to see more updates regarding their studios, am kinda curious haha

Maybe they could let them continue on the "supposed" wipeout game that was already being made for the ps4, maybe if this was in the works it could speed up the process. A lot of " ifs" in this though.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well that's what I was thinking as well.

I suppose they would be in two minds about taking it on even if it was a viable project for several reasons, the main one being a part of SL and have it shot in the head in front of you, then have the assassin come and ask you to help.
    You would need either a very thick skin or a very short memory or be paid very, very well to sort out the "Supposed" to completion to the standard of SL with so few staff.
    I can't see it happening , at least ATM.
    They need to build the studio up first, get a killer game out, then pick and choose their projects after hiring more staff.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Wow, they are quite disciplined in the art of being very talkative yet very vague.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Browsed through, but didnĀ“t find an answer. If there was one, sorry. The Japanese letters (Katakana in this case) underneath just mean Firesprite...

And yes, Fatal Inertia was no fun Better to revisit the old xbox and play Quantum Redshift. I enjoyed that one.