Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harimau Vs. Goteki 45 Thread

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

that's 1PM london time, if it does get later, and i can't make it, Luedism just joined in the Harimau team, so he could fall in for me if he wants to

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Cipher and all of team Harimau, this does not apply to you. This is only for Team Goteki to practice. If you want, we can have a total practice session (Goteki V Harimau practice matches).

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

I can be online in about half an hour ^_^ A few little warm ups, then lunch, then RACE!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

I just set up a room. Quick! Everyone join (Friends only, add me as a friend if you haven't)!

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

So are we all kicking off at 1 then?

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

**** sorry, slept in. Will be online in 5.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    vlhad13

online in one hour

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

you missed it Vlhad =/, we had Azurooth fall in for you, we won though
    Next run then

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Well, since Goteki is now out, good luck Harimau!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Good races today guys, enjoyed it very much.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Congrats Harimau! I didn't think they were a formidable team (as in, the team and ship in the game itself) but wow, I gotta open my eyes more.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Agreed, I would have picked Goteki for this one, but now it's looking like Harimau might have a championship-caliber team. That would be quite a face off if Icaras and Harimau meet.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Defjukie16

NEWS:

We are starting the second round of the tournament this Saturday, Round One was really supposed to end when all the teams raced and finished getting their results but now it's this Saturday, Team Mirage Vs. Team Assegai are racing that day but soon after it's the winner vs. Harimau, (and by soon after, I mean within that week) I'm posting this on all of the threads too, but as soon as Assegai and Mirage finish their match and post the results, the winner will then be in the week of round 2 to face off against team Harimau.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by AGSys View Post
    Congrats Harimau! I didn't think they were a formidable team (as in, the team and ship in the game itself) but wow, I gotta open my eyes more.
    Well, at Venom and Flash Harimau's speed can be eclipsed by the faster ships. That is to say that the extra 10% speed that Icaras has in my own personal opinion, significantly outweighs the handling edge that Harimau has. A good pilot can overcome this of course, but in general I find that on Venom/Flash the only time that the handling really even comes up is a track like Sebenco climb (and even there the difference isn't that noticeable) because typically speaking, most turns that require an airbrake for Icaras also require an airbrake from Harimau to navigate. A good Icaras pilot can simply sideshift around without using brakes too much.

Now at Rapier, the Harimau is a great choice. I still think that speed trumps handling though as most of the unavoidable airbraking situations remain the same. That being said, at Rapier the 2 teams are for the most part on equal footing.

Phantom changes the advantages pretty significantly. The difference in top speed isn't great enough for me to offset the benefits gained through improved handling. This is where Harimau is likely the most useful in the game. The combination of having 90% speed combined with the handling definitely puts the Harimau at a slight advantage. The only other ship that I think is personally better suited for Phantom is Assegai due to the 10% increase in acceleration at the cost of a little top speed.

Now all this is mainly concerning the Fury version. As far as I'm concerned the non-Fury Harimau is the worst ship in the game because it has the exact same stats as the Assegai minus 10% acceleration.