Thread: WipeEout Fusion on PC

Default WipeEout Fusion on PC

Right........how good would WipEout fusion be on PC? with a good graohics card and whatever else. The PlayStation 2 version altho very cool looks a bit crap sometimes due to the hardware, it just looks a bit "jagged" in general. Anyways i'm going to set up a petition soon enough and get in touch with the developers of WF in hope that they might make a PC version like they did with WOXL. Let me know how you feel and if anyone else feels like beating me to it, please do so!

I don't like that game at all. I hope they don't waste their time on a PC version of it. I'm a huge fan of the wipeout series but this game is just crap. I have no desire to play it whatsoever. I've almost lost all hope in the series, they better do some major changes ( if they plan to make a new one) going back to the roots of XL. I have other games to keep me busy that i'd rather play till that day, like woxl, wo3, capcom vs snk2, einhander, etc...

Developing a PC version would undoubtedly be a bad marketing decision. The games industry is all about money; Porting Fusion to the PC is not going to be popular, not enough people would buy it. Wipeout 3 might be a very different story. I'd have loved to see a PC port of that.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

There's no chance at all that Wipeout Fusion will make it to any other platform... I doubt it'll even be on the PSP.

The engine for it is PS2 specific, it wouldn't be an easy port and it wouldn't make any money, so I wouldn't put even a small amount of money on it happening!

:-? well if that's the general opinion it might not be worth making a petition, i'll still get in touch with them anyways, see what they think and ask about any other future plans. cheers

LightSpeedRacer: a few of our members work at Sony's Liverpool design studio; and some of those worked on the production of Fusion. you're getting the straight scoop here. it's a pretty certain bet that there will be no PC version of Fusion. if there ever is to be one, you will almost certainly hear about it here, though not before Sony wanted it known, of course