Thread: Game Mode Icons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow Game Mode Icons

I was just looking at the Japanese prefecture flags, trying to identify where all of your weapon logos came from (pretty cool stuff), and I saw some Japanese municipal flags which I copied that might look good as icons for race modes. I didn't know if you had any yet, so please tell me if you do, but in the case that you don't, then I'll post them!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

We don't have any race mode symbols yet. I am also not 100% certain if we need 'em but I guess they could be implemented so feel free to post your ideas

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

You probably wouldn't use 'em a lot, maybe just on the loading screens and for quick event identification for online events. Anyway, here's what I was thinking, I'm just going to post the flags directly, no editing.

Single Race: single_race_icon.png Endurance: endurance_icon3.JPG Street Race (Sao Paulo): street_race_icon.JPG Time Trial: time_trial_icon.JPG Speed Lap: speed_lap_icon.png Zombie: zombie_icon.png Zone (or whatever we end up calling it): velocity_challenge_icon.png Platformer: platformer_icon.JPG

Of course, these are just the copied flags, the colors and angles and stuff can always be changed around. Some of them aren't very high resolution, either, but I picked the ones I thought represent the modes best. Anyway, just tell me your opinion, some of them aren't my favorite (single race), but others fit pretty well (zone, street race, time trial), so they can always be changed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

I really enjoy your idea. Just add another one for 'Head on Head' Maybe Theo can also reply to this, since he created the weapon logos. Actually it would be pretty cool to keep the same idea [the jap. symbols] like a concept throughout the game modes & weapon icons

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Yeah, I really like the Japanese flag designs, and I think they go well with the game. It helps that you guys make 'em look good, too. I totally forgot Head on Head, I'll get one for it soon!

Edit: I think this one's decent for Head on Head: head_on_head_icon.jpg

I like that one because the top of it looks like two forces colliding, which is essentially what the mode is. Theo could make it a little bolder so it would show up better and not be so "thin," but I like the idea of it.
    Last edited by DDD113; 1st December 2013 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD113 View Post
    If you mirror it left/right then we could read a rotated "S" as in Single Race. Thoughts?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Hmm, nice thoughts vincoof. I'll get a rotated version up in a minute!

Edit: Here it is!

single_race_icon_upright.png

I'll admit, I do like it better, it makes a little more sense now.
    Last edited by DDD113; 2nd December 2013 at 05:06 PM.

Actually I was thinking of a "mirror" (flip from left to right) which would be enough to read the S and which would keep the "vertical" feel (if it was intended). The one you just posted is nice, though :)