Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Did you know... Random facts about WipEout HD Fury here!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Human: 1.80m * 40cm * 25cm
    Craft (AGRC): 1.90m * 2m * 5m
    Craft (not AGRC): 3m * 5m * 10m
    Track: 200m (Height difference, not F9000) * 50m * 7km (not F9000)

This is what I think (I have a very good feel for geometry)

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

its all about the camera angles, focus, aperture, etc... I dont know much about it but my fiance is a photographer, she tells me stuff about this kinda thing all the time - goes in one ear and out of the other

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    goes in one ear and out of the other
    I'm like that with a lot of things
    I also seem to look at a game and point things out that are not really that important and make up some random theory about it. I mean who really cares about the size of the ships compared to the track. I'm strange like that.
    But I have lots of nice pictures using photo mode

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I used to take them way back when i first got this game...but these days, I never even bother with it.

We used to have a thread here with pics from HD in it. Had some awesome pics in it man - really something else. Dunno where it is now, but trust me, some of those entries had me staring at the pic for minutes, they were that good.

Now, I just play the game and sod taking pics besides, I'm never playing offline so heh, can't take pics if I wanted to these days.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Emalord has an amazing set of beautiful wipeout pictures right over here; http://www.electricblueskies.com/portfolio/wipeouthd/
    I like taking them in 2048 HD/Fury DLC, the zone ship skins are awesome looking, different from HD/Fury on the PS3 ^^
    And the colors are very different as well, 't'is pretty

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Not 100% sure if this is already posted but:

CORRECTION: The Missile can bounce up to 5 times (not 7) before self destructing.

Also, AI's seem to have only 60% of shield energy in a Single Race/Tournament because I found that you can 1 shot them with a plasma (if their shield is 8 or less) on the very first lap... (knowing this info is really fun because I ended up eliminating 5 opponents in the duration of a single race hehe)
    Last edited by MyNameIsBom; 25th July 2014 at 11:03 AM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Did you know the highest possible zone you can reach in Zone battle is 63. This involves a 8.0 zone boost the moment you hit zone 55
    (there is a short delay between reaching the target and the game ending, you can then boost during this delay)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

This might have been mentioned before, but: Did you know that in Detonator you lose ship energy while going backwards? It doesn't start immediately though, and it can be useful if you miss a bomb, or specifically on Corridon 12 where you have to chose one route or another.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Did you know in eliminator mode the maximum amount of points you can score with the cannon is 4.5 points? This involves all 30 rounds hitting their mark

0.15 x 30 = 4.5

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    ...in Detonator you lose ship energy while going backwards? It doesn't start immediately though, and it can be useful if you miss a bomb, or specifically on Corridon 12 where you have to chose one route or another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy7eM...HyLmPf13G82i2g

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

That was pretty epic. Well done mate!

I didn't think that was possible!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Did you know that the avatar I am using right now is a sponsor called: Jap Energy Drink
    They are the main sponsors of Feisar too hence why they have huge emblems on the Fury version of the Feisar as well

In case I change my avatar in the future I mean this one:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Did you know you can absorb the turbo in a speed lap or time trial? Don't do this unless you get tired of hearing the dinging from a Sebenco event.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Its possible to perform a double barrel roll within the same jump!! albeit its one of the hardest techniques to do.

If you jump and perform a barrel roll, depending on the track inclination the boost from the first barrel roll on landing will keep you airborne for a little longer. Since you used the boost from the first roll you can roll again to get a second boost!

I've only managed to do this once on Ubermall, the straight before the finish line since the track goes up and levels out it is possible to use this technique there

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Touch and Go

PSN ID
    marcingru

@ Snake
    Its a main domain of venom/flash speed classes ,most if not even all WR contains chained BR ,for expl on VinetaK R from first exit from tunnel its possible to perform 3x BR,ive managed to do it few times tho its difficult ,VERY difficult
    ...following ....AP rev, full on BR festival , for "normal" pilot its possible to get 8-9BR (BSB incl) but do not expect to do it on first 100 laps...

Like TERRA-WRIST/SKRU said .... welcome in acrobats class

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I think I can safely say the Zone ship increases its speed by roughly 27-30km/h for every zone cleared.

Tested by using Wipeout pulses speedometer in zone mode

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by marcingru View Post

Like TERRA-WRIST/SKRU said .... welcome in acrobats class
    the only place in the FX350 where you go apeshit, and it pays off it's all about the risk over reward factor. In Venom and Flash speeds, I can rock it nicely, but put me in any other speed class, and I'm a noob

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I'm curious Snake, I think I know what you are talking about, but just for clarification...

Are you talking about a double in air without landing anywhere? Or do you mean than you land for a split second before getting a second roll?

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

he's most likely referring to the invisible walls which you can bounce off - like in uber rev, lol... its definitely random but most of us know about these anyhow.