Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Did you know... Random facts about WipEout HD Fury here!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

??? does the AI roll at all in hd/fury?
    i thought they didn't? o_O

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Very very very and when I say very, I mean VERY rarely. I have had the game since 2009 and have only seen this once, but I'm not crazy, and it does happen on the rarest of occasions. Pretty common in 2048 though.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

Pardon me, but this is the HD/Fury topic.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

True, but this concept kinda spans the modern games, and it really didn't need a thread of it's own. Okay, I'll change it: did you know that the AI can barrel roll in WOHD?

Edit: I changed the original question for clarity, all good now.
    Last edited by DDD113; 3rd January 2014 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD113 View Post
    I think he's referring to the color schemes and the sequence in which they change, which does differ between regular fwd, regular rev, and Zone-only tracks.
    No that's not what I'm saying. If you play on zone mode on any normal track (anything but the zone tracks) and play the reverse version, yes you do get different color shemes but that's not the point, the point is that once you "loaded" these reversed sheme (after quiting) and you play one of the pure zone tracks (Note that they only exist forward, that's the interesting part) you will get different equalizers. That sound like a bug to me

EDIT: It's easy to do but if you still can't understand I'll post screenshot I guess

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

*head explodes* Yes, post a screenshot please...

Did you know that the Quake's wave diminishes in size as it moves down the track?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

That's what I thought you may have meant. Wasn't sure though. Gonna check it out now.
    Even MORE fun to be had with the zone colour glitch if this is the case oh lawdy

Here are a few exemples:

http://i.imgur.com/nkPjm7h.jpg - The first "zero zone" class having Mach 1's equalizers
    http://i.imgur.com/fiUOokn.jpg - The flash class with the zen equalizers
    http://i.imgur.com/bP5rTXh.jpg - The sub-rapier class with phantom's equalizers
    http://i.imgur.com/e9GaQRF.jpg - Rapier class with sub-phantom's equalizers

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Did you know that in Zone mode, once you reach Subsonic, Mach 1 and Supersonic, the voice that announces the speed class change switches from the male computer voice by itself to the male computer voice and the female announcer voice speaking together?

Did you know that in Detanator mode, even though you can't flip your ship around like you can in Eliminator events, you can still turn around and shoot bombs and mines you may have missed? But your ship energy will decrease rapidly even if you don't hit the walls.

Lol I just tested. Did some side-by-side pics of Pure 4 before doing normal track in reverse, and after. It really is different o_O. I'm going to have fun with this .

The AI do barrel roll in WOHD. Depending on which patch you are running they will BR more or less. I don't know about 2.51 but there were some patches with 0BR, some with very rare BR, and one I think where BR were relatively common.

I know I've talked about it before but in case anyone missed it Did you know you can glitch the hell out of zone mode and create custom colour schemes (including textured schemes o_O ) for the zone transitions and colour effects on explosions/speed boost gfx in normal racing?
    ^ Best glitch ever.

No filters on these pics, taken with default settings after adjusting the glitch . http://imgur.com/a/oNwxV#0

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

^^ Whaaa? How do you do this??!! I must know!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

You still have to teach us how lol (unless i missed it), those color schemes look awesome
    And lol Leonard, with equalizer, i thought you meant the actual audio equalizer (they way it's being played ^^)

Cipher

Ok I'll do a livestream tomorrow. Depending on who is interested and who is available when, I can do any time after 6pm GMT

I'll put a link here closer to the time. More than welcome to come along if you have other questions etc...
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 4th January 2014 at 12:23 AM.

Is it the one where you just take a picture when the class transition occurs ?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I think it has something to do with the pictures, although I'm not sure how that applies to the non-Zone modes.
    Last edited by DDD113; 4th January 2014 at 04:51 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

@yeldar, equilibrium harimau vs assegai is at 9PM GMT, so don't know how long that livestream will last, but got to check with that

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

In this vid you can see how the Zone color glitch is done: Basically pause the game when a transition occurs, then switch to photo mode. Tune down all effects and color, then slowly move the camera around. At one point you might notice some flickering on the screen. When you are at this point, get back into the game and you got the disturbed color. Another way to do this is to zoom in to a completely single color white area and then brighten up all settings. This usually makes the game very dark [can also be seen in the video].
    But I guess yeldar will explain it more detailed in his video

BTW: This thing doesn't work for me any more [latest PS3 and WOHD update].
    Last edited by docfo4r; 4th January 2014 at 10:33 AM.

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Hey! That's my video ahaha sorry for the quality!

Anyway : Did you know that ( sometimes ) online, if you select for example Icaras HD and an opponent select the Icaras Fury, you two will see the ship a little farther?

Did you know that in Chengou Project, in the first straight after that damn curve, you can see in air a strange rocket launched? Not always!

No livestream necessary then I guess.

I didn't know someone else had done a video of it. I did one a looong time ago but I lost it when changing some YouTube stuff.

Anyway there you go. Best glitch ever. Very powerful and amazing once you know how to use it.
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 4th January 2014 at 04:58 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

care to translate that into a single race? or do you do it in zone and the effect will persist when you go to single race?

Cipher