Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know... Random facts about WipEout HD Fury here!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

You and me right now mister! i'll kick your bloody icaras ass back to the sun

And yeah you can sideshift mid air, since my controller went derp (it sideshifts when simply holding the air brakes) i've noticed it tremendously, especially on sol reverse, that 1 corner where you perform a roll, in phantomyou go air bron, but have to hold the air brake to keep a nice line, but my controller sideshifts in mid air from time to time there, sending me into the wall or off the track, it's so annoying

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

That is true, I have noticed it in that spot... maybe its because I'm turning too hard in other places that I try it, so I don't notice it.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, I'm not afraid of you mighty tiger ICARAS FOREVER!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Both of you! Enough is enough!

*Fires missiles, quakes, cannons, leech beams, plasmas, and rockets at both the Icaras and the Harimau*

CONTENDER ELIMINATED

CONTENDER ELIMINATED

Goteki 45 wins.

Did you know that you catch less airtime (or none at all) whilst in a Zone race or a Zone Battle race?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Yeah, I like the way the ship anchors to the track in Zone, it makes the mode much easier to fly.

And I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see a Goteki beat an Icaras, they are both very high quality ships, but the Harimau is left in our thruster trails.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

i will find you DDD......

did you know you can tell whe someone gets pushed to death?
    (the text of who killed who doen't show up)

Cpher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I would be glad to see you try, Cipher, there's too much rural land over here for you to ever get close, especially in a Harimau! An Icaras would do well for our straight-line roads over here.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Death to the Harimau! *Spray paints Cipher's Harimaus pink, green, and red*

*flies away in panic*

Did you know that the roof in Syncopia after the open jumps is not really an object (you can go through it)?

Also did you know that the Icaras is the "bounciest" craft of all (it can bounce a lot after landing), making it ideal for doing another BR after it lands?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

That's because the Icaras was perfectly designed for speed in every way (and the lightest craft, which probably helps with the bouncing).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

lol, icaras is one of the more unblanced fellas in wipeout, i still don't understand why it has a 100speed as ewell as piranha, ica excells it in every way(except shield,but that's irrelevant because absorbing fixes that), so iunno

anyway, you guys will chirp differently if harimau wins equilibri ^^

Cipher

- - - Updated - - -

lol, icaras is one of the more unblanced fellas in wipeout, i still don't understand why it has a 100speed as ewell as piranha, ica excells it in every way(except shield,but that's irrelevant because absorbing fixes that), so iunno

anyway, you guys will chirp differently if harimau wins equilibri ^^

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Too bad that won't happen. A face off between Icaras & Harimau would be quite thrilling though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

In the 4 Zone tracks, there is an extra color scheme for Supersonic speed class. You can see it while you play Zone battle on any of those tracks.

After you boost while being on the Supersonic color scheme, you'll see the alternative one, and if you boost again, it'll revert back to Sub-Venom's.

Probably this combination of colors might be the original scheme planned for those Zone tracks, but it was dropped for the golden tones we see nowadays. However, they might forgot to remove the previous one, hence that double color scheme for the same speed class we see while playing Zone battle if we boost a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Wow, really nice find, Ragsus, I never noticed that! And that's quite a polarized color scheme to boot.

Did you know that if you play a reversed track in zone mode then go back in the menu and play one of the four zone tracks, the "music equalizers sheme" will be different ?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

^ Wait what?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I think he's referring to the color schemes and the sequence in which they change, which does differ between regular fwd, regular rev, and Zone-only tracks.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

Did you know that in Eliminator, AI opponents use Shield more often when they're under Energy Critical (~20%)?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

The knowledge of our forum-goers. It blows me away.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Does it not? It's what this thread is for

Did you know that the Elite AI will only absorb if they're about at 30 or less shield energy? They will also absorb forward-firing weapons hesitantly if they're in the lead.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

It's about the only intelligent thing the AI can do cos they can't race for toffee.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Did you know that the AI ships in WipEout HD can barrel roll? It's quite rare to see AI roll in HD (or Pure or Pulse, for that matter), but it happens quite often in 2048, I would say about 40% of jumps are rolled on by the AI.
    Last edited by DDD113; 3rd January 2014 at 03:55 AM.