Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know... Random facts about WipEout HD Fury here!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Lolwut. How didn't that plasma self-destruct before it hit the Harimau?

Anyways, did you know that on the PS Vita version of the game, the Detonator ship's destruction sequence is exactly the same as the Zone ship's destruction sequence on the PS3?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

The detonator ship doesn't explode in a ball on the Vita?! I missed that one!

As for the plasma, I guess it never actually hit the wall, but it sure skimmed it close, twas a lucky shot that I may never repeat.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

did you know Yeldar is getting paid?
    ckeck speedlap rankings on modesto rev rapier #79 23.20

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

If I'm getting paid I'd like to know when my cheque is coming in please, it's Sinterklaas

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

Well then, put your shoe with a carrot in front of the chimney tonight, and may be you'll find some pepernoten tomorrow

I found an online id:"i_paid_yeldar" in the rankings

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Ok then... (Sends Yeldar enough money to buy an Icaras)

Anyways, did you know that a Bomb can also be used as a defensive weapon? For example, if you have a missile chasing you, you can drop a bomb and make the missile explode into the bomb. A cannon takes 4 rounds to destroy a bomb. Every weapon (With the exception of a Quake) will be destroyed if they hit a bomb.

Also, did you know that a missile can bounce up to 7 times before it explodes?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Well we always knew there was some motivation that makes him so good... That's a pretty funny find, though.

Bombs and mines have come in handy as defensive weapons many times for me, although I didn't know it took 4 cannon rounds to destroy it, I always assumed it was just one but never checked!

And I wasn't familiar with the exact bounce statistics of the modern missile.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Plasmas will destroy bombs but also pass through them so you can still hit people.

Learned that one from osama-bin-haydn back in the day.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Cool, would have assumed likewise again! Nice finds, you guys!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Did you know that if you run into the spikey stuff on Sol 2 (Forward) constantly, you'll eventually jump into the air or respawn on your roof?

Here's some photos explaining:
    wohd_20131204_174434.jpgwohd_20131204_174620.jpgwohd_20131204_174410.jpgwohd_20131204_174422.jpg

Speaking of spawning on your roof, did you know that you'll lose shield energy by sliding down the track on your roof? Also, did you know that if you BR while on your roof, you'll land on your roof? (Wipeout hates ships being on their roofs)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Did you know that falling off the track in the same spot many times tends to result in roof respawns? I guess it was the dev team's idea of natural selection

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Did you know that there is no real underwater at Vineta K? I tested this with a Goteki, and after falling through the surface of the water, there was just void everywhere. (I respawned a split second after, so I was unable to take a picture for this)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike458 View Post
    Did you know that there is no real underwater at Vineta K? I tested this with a Goteki, and after falling through the surface of the water, there was just void everywhere. (I respawned a split second after, so I was unable to take a picture for this)
    I accidentally went underwater on moa therma and it's the same. I do have pictures though.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/rq...ermaglitch.zip (around 16 pics)

EDIT:

I just got underwater in vineta k too.
    It's in fact really easy to do, you don't even need a boost on phantom.
    I took a lot of pictures this time since you can get pretty deep, you can even go above the water so the height variation is great.
    Plus it's so easy , anyone can do it.
    It takes much longer than usual to get your ship teleported back this way.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/6q...etakglitch.zip (39 pics)

Also, did you know that there is a freeway at Talon's Junction? It's at the Talon's Junction hairpin, about a third of the way into the corner.
    This also provokes the question: Do cars still exist in the years of 2206 to 2207? Or are they just AG vehicles, or is there no freeway at all and I'm just seeing things?
    No you're not seeing things.
    If you go to the "Wipeout museum" in the playstation home, you can actually see one of those more closely under the exposed track.
    Now I don't know if they are hover-car or something but they go really fast.
    Last edited by Leonard; 8th December 2013 at 06:34 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Hmm... Interesting. With me, I fell into the sea, and all I could see is just void around me and no blue. Is it just my PS3 (As my PS3 has crashed to to memory shortages many times recently)?

Hmm... Interesting. With me, I fell into the sea, and all I could see is just void around me and no blue. Is it just my PS3 (As my PS3 has crashed to to memory shortages many times recently)?
    What do you mean void ? Was it just black ? A specific color maybe ?
    The blue color you see in my pictures is actually the skybox, so it's just void like you say.
    I should mention that when not in picture mode, you can't see the water at all (probably because I come from the underwater tunnel).

Anyway, did you know that the dual shock 3 buttons (O, X and stuff) were pressure sensitive ?
    That explains the percentage in the blue bar, on top of the speed in the hud.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

did you know that i didn't know that?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Lolwut Terra. You didn't watch Hellfire's basics tutorial?

Did you know that in Zone mode on the PS Vita, the bars on your ship that display shield energy don't go down, but on the PS3, they do? Also did you know that the Zone ship's trail on the Vita is blue and orange, while on the PS3, it's only blue?

And yes Leonard, when I fell down in the sea, it was just black until I found some sticky stuff and I respawned.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I didn't watch Hellfire's tut until I was an almost platinum (and still am) pilot. Just need AG Assassin, I don't get online enough!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Seriously? I can help with that...

Anyway, back on topic, did you know that on Sebenco Climb, on the forwards variant of the course when you enter the chicane coming from the other side, you can hit the height limit and find an invisible wall there?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

Did you know that Zone Battle ships in the PSVita version have animated neons (on trims) from ghost models?