Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Did you know... Random facts about WipEout HD Fury here!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Yes, essentially. The glitch is initiated in Zone mode, but you can edit it anywhere. The main thing is learning how to edit to get the effect you like.

You can adjust the saturation/colour/texture/exposure not only of Zone mode and the Zone eq/textures and the normal in-game effects, but you can also initiate stencil overlays on top of the normal game too.

One example is adding a purple/metallic honeycomb effect to all explosions in the game and the 'speed' sensation graphics around the edge of the screen, with a stencil overlay of 'fans' cheering at the bottom of your screen. Thousands of variables to play with

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

WipEout HD Fury - Paint version

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

did you know that records from accounts which have not been active on PSN for over 3 months do not disappear from the online records anymore?

tis true

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Whaaaa?! they used to be deleted?! o_O
    Why would you want to do that?! I'm glad that's no longer the case lol

and cheers for the info yeldar (and doc for the link, and ryuga for the content of the link )

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Editable WOHD!

Did you know that most of the HD and Fury ships have the FX400 logo on them? Weird...

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Did you know?
    (From another thread but too lazy to rewrite lol).

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    FYI sideshift response times are the same no matter what airbrake sensitivity you run. It's doesn't matter how hard or soft you press, it's about airbrake input. As long as there is a second airbrake input within a certain time frame, that is enough.

The only thing that affects sideshifting is how long you hold on the 2nd tap, which affects sideshift distance. With short taps, for most circuits it takes 3 - 3.5 sideshifts to cross the track. With long presses, it takes only 2 sideshifts.

Protip: Pre 2.51 - The lower your airbrake %, the faster you will be once you master it, for post 2.51 it's the opposite.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Hmm... Very interesting. Might have to try that out sometime.

Did you know that part of the Zone ship can go through the floor?

Screen shot 2014-01-04 at 9.11.44 PM.png

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

yes, you can even go through track surface without losing energy. Can try this by falling off anulpha's bridge and then boost up again.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

That was before a patch in I think 2.10. Not sure.

Did you know that the Zone Ship's airbrakes become more sensitive as you advance through the speed classes?

Timezone
    GMT -6

I did not know that, I assumed it was with the handling of the ship itself, not the airbrakes. It would explain why I suck so badly though... (never try WipEout HD's Zone Events from a Vita whilst using the Racer control setup)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Mietepiet View Post
    yes, you can even go through track surface without losing energy. Can try this by falling off anulpha's bridge and then boost up again.
    LIKE THIS
    http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/q..._142954jpg.jpg

This was taken [Snapshot] of the shortcut, only available via a "Turbo Boost" on Ubermall Reverse.
    Try doing 5 shortcuts in a row on that track at Phantom speed to get your TT/SL times "Up There"

It takes dedication !

[as you can see, my times were done with the old HD craft for that track ] I have never really like the FURY AGS handling, the front end is too floaty for my liking.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 28th January 2014 at 12:09 PM. Reason: new info

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

oooh I hate that shortcut.

Yes like that. You can pass through all oposites of walls and tracks. There's many spots where you can do this. AP's brigde was just an easy example
    Nice pics btw.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Awesome facts!

Did you know in the shallow chicane bit of Modesto Heights, you can go through the walls a little before respawning?
    (this was done in an online match, so no pics to show it)

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Hey guys, has anyone else had this random glitch thing playing the game? its hard to explain but I'll try:

Here's a example, on the Anulpha pass bridge shortcut some of the bridge struts are sticking out to the left. And if you fly into it then your craft is launched violently upwards or to the left. It also deals a ton of damage (I once took 24 damage in my Feisar, god knows what will happen to a Icaras)

Its the same on other tracks, if you hit the scenery that's very close to the track you just get violently launched in a random direction. Its really annoying >.<
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 25th June 2014 at 08:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    possesed13

all the time snake... i think its common to happen...
    also at chenghou rev. and normal the start line can make that same glitch

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Thank the lord I'm not the only one

ALSO!! did you guys know that when a plasma explodes, you can see your ships reflection in it??
    Here's my Feisar in a plasma reflection

wohd_20140331_192858.jpg
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 25th June 2014 at 08:52 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Oooooh, blimey!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Hey the ships anti grav generators still work even if your eliminated 0.0
    The ships are still floating even if you die!! look at it, its like a foot off the ground.

wohd_20140619_145143.jpg

One has to ask if the AG comes only from the ship.
    There could be a system in which both the track and the ag device lift the ship, and metal (or whatever material the ship's shell is made) can somehow be influenced by the track's force.

Realistically that's only due to the track's collider mesh.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I thought the collision detection played a roll in the floating ship wrecks

Last random thing I know about the game is something not many people may have noticed and is only a theory of mine, but in reality the tracks are flippin huge and the ships are tiny.
    I'm guessing when you see the ships in game in close/far camera their scale is increased to make the ship easier to see on screen, but its like two sideshifts to reach the opposite wall on most circuits.
    However when you go into photo mode then the size scale of the ships is reduced somewhat so in comparison the tracks are huge. Logically this would be more realistic for a driver react to incoming corners since all ships travel at a minimum of about 450km/h which is really fast in real world standards but in wipeout its to slow.

Here's a sample picture to kinda support my theory. My Feisar at the starting line on Anulpha pass:
    wohd_20140331_192330.jpg

Normally in game for Anulpha pass you sideshift twice to reach the opposite wall but in reference to photo modes scale you could definitely pull off more in reality. This is only a theory of mine but its a little something I noticed a while ago that I thought I share. There is probably a more logical explanation than my over the top theory